ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio sport 172 cup track action

i organised a trackday at castle combe last year and i have just fixed a date for another trackday at combe in 2008 ,date is monday july 7th and cost will be 137 quid .
If any of you guys would like to come just let me know.
Dave.

Clio
awesome, nice hand movements mark esp on first corner, do you left foot brake dude? that car looks so well balanced on the apex.

Sounds nice. Let us know when you're at a track nearby, would love to see this in action.

Hi Mark ,im at bedford autodrome on 26th january with easytrack ,there are still 12 places left if you fancy it,couple of clios going already ,including Almagrhbi who is a member on here ,i remember him specifically because we raced each other at Santa pod a couple of years ago and i beat him,to be fair though his car was set up for track not 1/4 mileing ,mint very well modded car too.Infact im hoping hes going to show me the lines at Bedford as i have never been before.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds nice. Let us know when you're at a track nearby, would love to see this in action.

Hi Mark ,im at bedford autodrome on 26th january with easytrack ,there are still 12 places left if you fancy it,couple of clios going already ,including Almagrhbi who is a member on here ,i remember him specifically because we raced each other at Santa pod a couple of years ago and i beat him,to be fair though his car was set up for track not 1/4 mileing ,mint very well modded car too.Infact im hoping hes going to show me the lines at Bedford as i have never been before.

Any other Saturday in January and I'd have been able to come :(

GT circuit's a challenge, so many corners, real variety. I've only got one video of me around there up; here if that's any use? It was filmed by a guy in a Saxo following me chasing an Ultima - starts just after exiting the first hairpin and runs through a full lap.

Any other Saturday in January and I'd have been able to come :(

GT circuit's a challenge, so many corners, real variety. I've only got one video of me around there up; here if that's any use? It was filmed by a guy in a Saxo following me chasing an Ultima - starts just after exiting the first hairpin and runs through a full lap.

change your diary then!!

thanks for video ,i will use that to get to know the track a little ,thers one with a focus rs too is that yours?

edit
p.s good video ,looks like your going very quickly and know the track,typical supercar driver ,wont move even though your all over them!!.

Last edited:

almaghrbi

ClioSport Trader
  172 Cup
Dave, the cuys organize a sprint at an airfield (I think in February). It is usually great fun Joins us then it would be good fun.

wow ,im afraid thats just a bit to far for me ,im up in Nottinghamshire .If theres a chance of it being somewhere more central then count me in but no can do in devon.

I was lucky enough to have a couple of passenger rides with Mark at FCS this year - was all good! :cool:

(though you need buckets or another of those belt things that I can't remember the name of now ;) lol)

well im back at combe on monday and hoping for a sub 1.20 lap ,Ive just been to donington last saturday and knocked an honest 2 seconds off my p.b down from 1.27 flat to 1.24.9.
Little vid ,not my quickest laps but a good taster ,im trying to keep up with some hill climbing sports car (the orange low slung thingy)from dunlop bridge round for a full lap is a 1.25.5 ,couple of small errors just take the edge off of a good lap ,has yozza ever gone any faster in the 240 bhp clio track car that did 1.27 other year.?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTDgdiTVZSI

well i made my goal but it took some serious driving ,video looks frantic and indeed it was .I was at the limit and then some!

quality not great but if you click on "watch in high quality" its not too bad.

3 x 1.19 laps reeling in and passing a caterham before an sti gets in my way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNJOEOuY07A

Dave

well im back at combe on monday and hoping for a sub 1.20 lap ,Ive just been to donington last saturday and knocked an honest 2 seconds off my p.b down from 1.27 flat to 1.24.9.
Little vid ,not my quickest laps but a good taster ,im trying to keep up with some hill climbing sports car (the orange low slung thingy)from dunlop bridge round for a full lap is a 1.25.5 ,couple of small errors just take the edge off of a good lap ,has yozza ever gone any faster in the 240 bhp clio track car that did 1.27 other year.?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTDgdiTVZSI

Dave,

Not been to Donnington since (where that 1.27 was done)

Car was throttled massively on that day was running a lot down on power from normal.

Times vary a lot at Donnington depending on whether the times were before or after it was re-surfaced, which way the planes are taking off, and what the noise limit is...

I did some good times in a volvo (just to show):

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.search&q=yozzasport+donnington+park

and I think last time I went in an evening I was below 1.25.1 a few times, but again the planes were coming this way.

/y0z

hmmm,ive driven donny a fair few times and listened to much speculation about aero fuel fall out effecting grip ,some believe it some (who should know )say its rubbish.I dont know but its never effected me is all i can say.

apetiser
no ive never owned a gte.

Maybe - I am sure that it makes a big difference as I have experienced it. Anything other than a perfectly dry track and you know it...

I think a std Clio 172/182 should get about 1.33? 1.32 at best. Not sure.

The clio's lack grunt from the old hairpin up to mcleans to the dunlop bridge... biggest pain with them.

And If you thought that a few months ago... does that mean that you now think he is a lot worse than your mother?

Marco - fluid is going tomorrow. Might give you that 10th ;-)

/y0z

again ive driven donny 4 times in the wet and never felt anything i wouldnt expect ,apart from at the show thing few weeks back but oil had been spilt in a couple of areas by the drifters.

i would guess at 1.34/5 lap time for a standard clio ,hasnt anyone on here done it?

182 FF & 306 Rallye
Redgate definately felt greasy/slimy when I was there on Tues and that was a dry track. Slightly OT but I found the circuit a bit bland (with the exception of Craner Curves) and probably the least rewarding I've driven. Unfortunately no vids or times :(

yeah its felt greasy to me before but it grips up during the day as rubber goes down ,that can be said of anywhere though.

Markcup ,hardly standard yours is it but go for it anyway ,donington is a great track imo.

hmmm,ive driven donny a fair few times and listened to much speculation about aero fuel fall out effecting grip ,some believe it some (who should know )say its rubbish.I dont know but its never effected me is all i can say.

apetiser
no ive never owned a gte.

youve a twin on migweb then lol hes called daveb and is into track days aswell...

whats migweb.......goes off to do a search!

edit
its a vauxhall forum ,only vaux i ever owned was an omega ,nope sorry this is another daveb.