ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Sport 172

Evolution 4
Guys...I have been working on a 172, new gearbox is in place, the car started 3 days ago a few times, now when I try to start it tonight the red immob light is on permanently and the car turns but does not fire ( issue with broken wire or system maybe?) also the bloody alarm keeps going off when I open the doors or try and turn the ignition on?? Any thoughts?? Need Help lol , Kind Regards, Jamie

Solid red light means connectivity issue rather than immobiliser fault.

You're probably correct about a broken wire. Have a search there have been a fair few like this recently. Where the loom goes over the gearbox you can get broken wires in there. Which results in similar problems to what you're describing.

Evolution 4
Perfect thank you buddy....the relays have a bit of green corrosion on them also so will replace them, its wierd cos it started a few days ago and nothing really has changed but now nowt and the alarm just goes off when i put key in ignition :(

Evolution 4
Does anyone know the colour of the wires in the loom going across the gearbox to ecu which relate to a constant red light on dash??