ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio sport engine tapping/ knocking on tickover

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Ah rite.. Just wondering, old 1.2 mk2 I had used to tick like and old clock when the oil was low..

this is just like mine! i put about 2l of oil into it 2week ago and yet it still sounds like an old clock! it drives me mad as its making me worry about the engine not being right :p

this is just like mine! i put about 2l of oil into it 2week ago and yet it still sounds like an old clock! it drives me mad as its making me worry about the engine not being right :p

I think they all sound like that lol mine sounded fucked but never put a foot wrong.

Low and Slow 1.4 16v
mine sounds similar, but it never used to do it. The car has been sat for a month or 2 and rarely started not now it makes the clicky/tapping noise at the top of the engine

Renault Clio MK4 RS
someone said it could be the tappets, but i dont think it is, someone else said it could just be the injectors or spark plugs? not to sure though!

clio sport 172
Took car to garage today got it on a ramp and it is the carbon canister that's tapping you can hear it and also feel it thanks for all you replys guys

172 cup
Not taken anything apart to look but did have a crawl round and listen and is definatly coming from where the canister is. Car is going for a service and check so will get them to confirm. Are you replacing yours or removing it completely?