ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio sport ph2 172 ignition lights but nothing else!!!

Clio Sport 172 PH2
I have a clio sport ph2 172, i went out to start it today after being left stand for a day. car unlocked fine with the fob but when i went to start the car nothing happens other than the speedo needles flicker. I now have no immobiliser light, no interior light, headlights dont switch on, no central locking. The radio still works along with the built in sat nav.
I have disconnected the battery and checked the fuses.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

clio 172
sounds very much like a bat flattery ahahha try tht first ignition will come on but then when you try to start nothing

Clio Sport 172 PH2
Also would a flat battery cause the immobiliser light, central locking and lights not to work?

clio 172
^^^^ ur battery will show this but it can still be flat mate and yes it can do another thing tht sometimes happens is ur stereo will turn on buuut turn it up and itll cut soo you know still try battery first before diving in at the deep end matey

Clio Sport 172 PH2
Tried jump starting the car with extra heavy duty cables and still no luck, the interior light ect still stays off. My service light now also flashes two or three times when i turn to ignition lights.

Clio Sport 172 PH2
Lol, yep sure is abit of a trek for that. Ive disconnected the ecu and uch and i get the same symptoms if this helps with helping solve the issue? Obviously i didnt expect the car to start with me disconnecting them, but wanted to see the symptoms of them being disconnected.

Clio Sport 172 PH2
Bought a new battery and still the same, I decided to start stripping down the dash to check wiring to find the red wire (possibly live??) from the central locking button had come detached and was sitting on the radio. Could this have spiked the ecu or uch when i tried starting the car?

Renault Clio 1.6 16V 110
possible blown a uch/ ecu fuse mate, check all the fuses by passenger door and in the bonnet.

Clio Sport 172 PH2
Fuses on the end of dash and under bonnet already checked. Does any of the relays under the bonnet control the ecu or uch?

Renault Clio 1.6 16V 110
Fuses on the end of dash and under bonnet already checked. Does any of the relays under the bonnet control the ecu or uch?

I doubt it would be a relay but there worth checking. Normally a fuse will go before the relay. I dont mean to scare you but i had a similar problem to this. Got it checked by renault by my mate and the uch computer had gone. £500 parts and fitting :/

Clio Sport 172 PH2
Will get it checked but if it has ill just by a second hand uch with ecu and fob be a little bit cheaper that way

Clio Sport 172 PH2
Little bit of an update, Last night i swapped my uch with a friends who also has a clio sport to see the outcome. The outcome was as follows:-

my uch in my friends car works fine and controls all gadgets.
His uch in my car does exactly what mine is doing at the moment which is F**K all.
I have also now changed the relays under the bonnet and all is still the same.

My question is now, when you turn the ignition on does the ecu send signal to uch to do commands or vise versa?

Thanks.

Renault Clio 1.6 16V 110
Little bit of an update, Last night i swapped my uch with a friends who also has a clio sport to see the outcome. The outcome was as follows:-

my uch in my friends car works fine and controls all gadgets.
His uch in my car does exactly what mine is doing at the moment which is F**K all.
I have also now changed the relays under the bonnet and all is still the same.

My question is now, when you turn the ignition on does the ecu send signal to uch to do commands or vise versa?

Thanks.

Normally your ecu is just engine management. The uch controls everthing in the car . So id say the uch controls the ecu . Not 100% sure tho . Have you tried reseting your imobiliser? Think it could be a dead starter motor ?

Clio Sport 172 PH2
Normally your ecu is just engine management. The uch controls everthing in the car . So id say the uch controls the ecu . Not 100% sure tho . Have you tried reseting your imobiliser? Think it could be a dead starter motor ?

How do you reset immobiliser?

Clio Sport 172 PH2
Does anyone have pin out diagram of the uch? got two wires on the white plug of the uch showing 0.00 volts when my friends is showing 4.77 volts and would like to know where and what these wires are powering/receiving power from. Thanks

Clio Sport 172 PH2
Further update, i put an electrical probe to the red "power" wire of the central locking button and pressed for power to go to it, with great surprise everything came to life as it should do in the first place. when i remove the probe it all goes dead again. Was wondering if anyone know what wire/pin it is that goes into the uch to power this wire?

Thanks.