ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio sport the new saxo :(

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
I very rarely see any, the ones I do see are the ph2 172. I like my ph1 mainly because well there isn't many of them around, in 14 months of owning mine, I can count on one hand the other ph1's I have seen.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
renault sport clios
just noticed a sudden rise in teenage ownership, me included lol, insurance isnt stupid high even for somone who has written off a car

Better than yours. C*nt.
renault sport clios
just noticed a sudden rise in teenage ownership, me included lol, insurance isnt stupid high even for somone who has written off a car

Not stupid high, but these chavs must be getting richer! Back in my day the chavs drove the 3k 1.4 Westcoasts which they put Cituning badges over the Westcoast badge and told their mates it was the VTR...

But hey ho, apparently I'm a chav because I own a Bench t-shirt, and my argument that it was £3 doesn't wash apparently!

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
I honestly can't say it bothers me its the driver thats the d**k not the type of car. Saxo's were the fave because of the 3 years free insurance you got with them. Think you had to be 21 for the vts and 17!!!! for the vtr

Leon Cupra R 225
As has already been hinted at, I don't think the RS Clio will ever be truly the car of the 20yo boy racer for one reason - insurance. Of course there will be exceptions, but does anyone really care? It wont stop them being great cars, and the more people who can enjoy them, the better IMO. Besides, they'll most likely all have fallen apart before long :)

How can people say the CTR will be a chav chariot but an RS won't for insurance reasons?? The CTR is the same or more to insure! Some numpty's on this forum lately. Too many people are being so Reno biased it's untrue. Less RS on the road are due to them being repaired due to shite electrics most of the time ;) I love the RS range and CTR's and the latter is looking a better buy for my next car. I personally don't care what other people think/prejudice against a car if I buy it. Because I buy it for me!

*p.s I wasn't having a dig Roy* It's all a matter of opinion!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
what a crock of shite. Vts's were, and arent chav chariots, its the vtr/furio/westcosts/no coasts that are. I hardly ever see a vts, and when i do they usually have subtle mods. See many more CTR's than RS's round here too

Last edited:
  RenaultSport clio 182
The 182 is not a chav mobile. Firstly you cannot get your head stuck up the exhaust, and secondly most of the drivers of 182's do not have a face full of puss.
Clio 1.2 extreme is another story!!!

Astra 1.8 SRi
Wouldnt say a cliosport is the new saxo. Yep they're desirable as they tick all the boyracer boxes and not mega expensive to buy, problem is the insurance group, Saxo VTRs are low insurance so easily affordable, cliosports aint.

Do chavs even bother to get insurance!?

To be fair I see maybe a RS bout once a week if that, Saxo's are still the chav choice of car.

Milltek'd 182
RS's are not for chav's. I'm am not a chav and not one person ive seen driving one is...not that ive seen many because they are pretty rare around here. Most chavs drive old civic's, saxo's, corsa's...etc all 1.2 with subs and silly bodykits. I think the RS clio's are just right imo.

mini cooper (RIP 172)
i had a saxo vtr and more people wanted to race at lights compared to my 172. just think it looks a bit chavy! i think the RS is a bit more grown up manly due to insurance (group 16 and saxo vtr group 7) and it looks understated

more chavs looked at my saxo and but more people (who know what it is) look at my 172.

still not that many RS's about but more people seen to be gettin good cars at a younger age! i'm 21 and have a 172, i have 2 friends with a ctr and one with TT and so on

there's loads of 172 and 182 near me that I see everyday on the work commute, problem is that there's loads of little rich kid chav wannabe's round our way driving them and CTR's. Guess it depends where you live as to how rare they are and who's buying them...

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
there's loads of 172 and 182 near me that I see everyday on the work commute, problem is that there's loads of little rich kid chav wannabe's round our way driving them and CTR's. Guess it depends where you live as to how rare they are and who's buying them...

my experoence is the same as yours lol , due to living in the same place lol

The 182 is not a chav mobile. Firstly you cannot get your head stuck up the exhaust, and secondly most of the drivers of 182's do not have a face full of puss.
Clio 1.2 extreme is another story!!!

drivers of 182's do not have a face full of puss.
Clio 1.2 extreme is another story!!![/quote]

Hey ;) .

I agree the 182 is no way a chat car. Im looking to get one to get away from my badboy boyracer image around where i live, as people think mines a bit chavy, so I wouldnt be interested in a 182 if I or anyone else ive spoke to percieve it as a boy racer car.

Everyone ive asked think renaultsports are quality hot hatches becuase it doesnt need any mods to make it better whereas a vtr needs some cosmetics at least to give it the road presence of a STANDARD rs clio.

RB 200 Cup!
i had a saxo vtr and more people wanted to race at lights compared to my 172. just think it looks a bit chavy! i think the RS is a bit more grown up manly due to insurance (group 16 and saxo vtr group 7) and it looks understated

can quite relate to that -friend had same experience with his saxo vtr. They are very chavvy

mini cooper (RIP 172)
it's not that i dint like my saxo, it was a great cheap little French car! i just dint like the image of it!!!

133/225/CLS AMG
The image of the Saxo has become chavvy purely due to the cheapness of them. They are nippy cars and now cheap to buy and a lot lower insurance than the Clio 172/182s.

In time the RS Clios might become chav mobiles but no more so than Imprezas and other fast cars. As it stands at the moment I'd say 172/182s are slightly too expensive for the average 'barry boy'! lol

Turbos.
TBH i so rarely see other Clio Sports and i live in London. The only one i've seen in the last week was driven by a 40 something woman... So therefore i'd say they are quite exclusive!

The Saxo's image is not helped by the lookalike VTR and Westcoasts IMO, whereas there is no 'fake' Clio Sport. There is also the insurance group that avoids too many young drivers getting in one.

133/225/CLS AMG
Insuring them definitely helps keep them exclusive and for that reason always will.

Besides we're not gonna see more of the 172/182s as they've stopped making them so we might see a change in the type of driver but not necessarily see more of them.

Dont have many RS Clios round our way, its absolutely full to the brim of VTRs which wanna race at every opportunity, i used to blast them but now cant be bothered!

Like having a phase 1 as there aren't many around, only seen 1 other one round here and one in Brum! still want a 182 though.

LY V6 with Recaros
I don't see that many RS clios around this way, I'm starting to see a few more recently, but I wouldn't say their chavvy, that's down to the driver. A standard/subtle and tastefully modded 1*2 is not chavvy.

Clio 197
I remember about 4 year ago at renault dealer a guy got a clio 182 cup pack for his frist car, he was 17 yrs old and starting to learn to drive!!