ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio sports getting common much ?

Focus RS + S3
i popped into town parked up, and as i was walking back it then clicked, a ph1 sport, 2x 172's and my 182, and to top it off i saw a 197 around the corner, i suppose its because they are cheap nowadays :) i had to take a snap and thought id share, and the ph1 is the only one i know of being around the area, the other two are fresh lol [/boredom]

dsc00622v.jpg

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Explain to me how 1*2s and 197s can become more common?

I hardly see any TBH.

Focus RS + S3
up here in the valleys we still do mining lol so its unusual to see,it wouldnt be so much a deal in built up areas

More common because they're cheap? How does that work? Have they all been locked up in storage until they're worth £4k?

I hardly ever see any around. Odds are that was a meet or group of Clio owning bum chums.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I've only seen one inferno, and that was 320 miles away from my house.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Explain to me how 1*2s and 197s can become more common?

I hardly see any TBH.

More common because they're cheap? How does that work? Have they all been locked up in storage until they're worth £4k?

I hardly ever see any around. Odds are that was a meet or group of Clio owning bum chums.
Exactly. Common sense failure on the OP's part.

Big 'T'
Age is a big factor, with the ph1 172, ph2 172, 182, 197, 200... So the older the sport brand becomes naturally the more you will see... Saying that there are 3 Trophys in my area :( I thought they were rare haha.

Focus RS + S3
lmao, good spot ^^

what im trying to say is you dont usually see that many round here, then i turn into a street and then theres 3 withing a few foot of each other, jeez lol

and price is a factor, perhaps they like me, not got much money but like the clio sport, and now with the release of newer versions it has brought the price down on ph2's so now thye have come down, more people can afford them so more people buy them, am i the only one who can see it lol

good ol CS eh ;)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
How can more people buy 2nd hand cars?? They are all ready on the road?? Unless you live in a dump, and more poor people can afford them?

Ph 1 172
surely the amount of them blown up/written off then there is less on the road lol. but thats a cracking spot. sure it wernt a mini cliosport meet know one told you about.

Lived in spain for 5 years and seen a orange 182 and a silver 197. At least i know when i get mine it will be uncommon.

The OP is correct. There are more on the road now.

It's a well known fact that 37% of new RSs spend the first 3 years of their life being rolled out of the garage, detailed and put back in again.

Not many at all. There's a Trophy that lives nearby, see 1 other 182 regularly, spotted my first 200 last week. Other than that I don't see too many around at all. Infact I can only recall 1.

Only been looking since I got one though which was about 2 months ago.

It's an odd thing, I've noticed it happen with several cars EP3 CTR's being another. Clearly if anything there are less on the road now as over time knobbers write them off. That said hot hatches seem to become more visible when they get to a certain value. I can only put it down to them perhaps going from slightly more mature owners to young lads who are always in their cars driving about and leaving them parked up very visible places. I sure as hell don't spend as much time driving for the sake of it as I did when I had no mortgage and my mates weren't all settled down with wives/kids etc.

MK2 Clio
Went to scrap yard friday, me and my friend who has a clio, then there was a 172 and a cup there aswell walking around and see a LY 182 drive in and j666ake comes out, ridiculus!

Clio 172 RS2
Nice mini meet! ;)

Round here not that common... occasionally run round one or two... when travelling across Holland.
Guess in the UK the sold numbers are much higher? So they might become more common IF you look for them.

RB One Eight Two
I dont see many at all round by me. I see the same Trophy everyday on the way to work, an arctic 182 with a construction logo down the side and a red 197 all of which are not members on here.

The other day i drove nearly 300 miles and didnt see one...