ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Trophy - One owner, 29k, yours for £23,000 of your finest British pounds sir.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does FSH actually mean?

I always thought it meant has been serviced on time, every year, without fail for every year?

Because this ad says FSH, but it's a 16 year old car with 9 service stamps, and although it probably doesn't matter now, because it didn't snap and destroy the engine, it went 9 years without a cambelt change?

Invoices totalling thousands over the last 7 years, in which it's covered just over 1k miles - thousands spent, but not any of that on replacing the cambelt on time?

None of this really matters because it's clearly mint now, but it's a bit weird.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not a 1 owner car.....?
Looking at the trophy register it’s like 6 owners.

it still looks a great example with fairly recent belts etc. Strong money for sure, not sure I could ever justify that amount on a clio regardless of pedigree or condition, but I’m sure to some it’s a drop in the ocean.

Wasn’t this the seller who had another listed at £20k recently?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Golf R
Looking at the trophy register it’s like 6 owners.

it still looks a great example with fairly recent belts etc. Strong money for sure, not sure I could ever justify that amount on a clio regardless of pedigree or condition, but I’m sure to some it’s a drop in the ocean.

Wasn’t this the seller who had another listed at £20k recently?

When you say strong money, do you mean on heroin strong?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
45   0   0
  Too Many
Still running Michelin Pilot Exalto tyres. . . . . . . . . surly cant be the same from when it was new ?

Yes its clean, Super clean but if he ever needs an arch liner I will sell him one for £21k ;)

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  Titanium 182
Still running Michelin Pilot Exalto tyres. . . . . . . . . surly cant be the same from when it was new ?

Yes its clean, Super clean but if he ever needs an arch liner I will sell him one for £21k ;)

They've got a new PE2 out, possibly on those.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0

They've got a new PE2 out, possibly on those.

I'm not even sure it's that new.

They've launched it as part of their Heritage line of tyres, for small retro hot-hatches.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
45   0   0
  Too Many
Hmm, sure i've seen them in that size :unsure:

I have hunted all day and they are not in 205/45/16 and anything I have read about them has been from 2005 & 2008.

I don't believe these tyres are around at all now and like its been said above from @aucky they have been gone for ages.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
8   0   0
At the time I remember trying Hankook V12 and Michelin PS3 as a replacement. The higher speed rated PS3 were good but the PE2 were still better IMO.

Could be marketing b****cks but I’m sure I remember Clarkson saying the 182 was one of the cars the PE2 was developed for specifically.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From this link it appears I can order/buy 4x Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2 in 205/55/16 - I wonder what you end up with?! Maybe a refund, or an ill-fitting tyre 🤣

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Didn’t Michelin announce a few a few months back that they were starting up production again for the Exalto?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Interesting! Can't decide if a Trophy is rare or unique enough to really do what other cars do value wise.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting! Can't decide if a Trophy is rare or unique enough to really do what other cars do value w
I think it could mate. The fact that it is lauded as one of the best hot hatches ever means there will always be a demand.

What else is available for this money which is a similar proposition?

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find the trophy market an interesting one. £23k would buy you a bloody nice 205gti, Golf etc. Which both have arguably more cult status than the clio. Plus bigger scenes (which is a big part of what people buy into) but then £23k won’t touch anything nice in the weird Ford world 🤷🏻‍♂️

long term I don’t doubt all 172/182 variants will be in some form of demand and its great for us owners that we have decent retailers doing a decent job at selling them…as it helps offset some of the absolute cowboy traders I see all over Facebook. But I’m not quite sure it’s there yet and in all but extreme examples have prices for trophy models reached their peak? I mean there is a limited scene as I see it for Renaultsport’s. Outside of this forum, we have limited ‘official’ support just some Facebook groups….which are absolute pony. Makes you realise how lucky we are to have this place!

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They are a strange one as yes they were limited and had high praise but were they really that special ?? I didnt think my one was all that, over my old 182 cup road car.

Yes they are a limited colour but some of the other standard colours are also nice

Yes they had nice seats but you still sit too high in them

Yes they have fancy suspension but a set of AST's set up correctly will still be better

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are a strange one as yes they were limited and had high praise but were they really that special ?? I didnt think my one was all that, over my old 182 cup road car.

Yes they are a limited colour but some of the other standard colours are also nice

Yes they had nice seats but you still sit too high in them

Yes they have fancy suspension but a set of AST's set up correctly will still be better
That’s absolutely right, but it isn’t about any of that is it. Especially in this market. There are thousands of better cars in standard form than a trophy, that can be bought for less. Collectors are not interested in how good something is. It’s always about the provenance, originality and exclusivity. The rest is irrelevant, even the price!

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not as rare as a Monaco blue 172 with cruise control👀

20210602_105233.jpg

It's not about the rarity, it's about the speciality of it. It's the same as 172 Cups, they're one of the very last proper hot hatches so they're sought after. The trophy is the same

HaveaCuppa

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s very clean but I’m not sure anyone is willing to pay that sort of price for these yet?

The rusty top hoseclip on the coolant bottle needs changed. :unsure:

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I find the trophy market an interesting one. £23k would buy you a bloody nice 205gti, Golf etc. Which both have arguably more cult status than the clio. Plus bigger scenes (which is a big part of what people buy into) but then £23k won’t touch anything nice in the weird Ford world 🤷🏻‍♂️

long term I don’t doubt all 172/182 variants will be in some form of demand and its great for us owners that we have decent retailers doing a decent job at selling them…as it helps offset some of the absolute cowboy traders I see all over Facebook. But I’m not quite sure it’s there yet and in all but extreme examples have prices for trophy models reached their peak? I mean there is a limited scene as I see it for Renaultsport’s. Outside of this forum, we have limited ‘official’ support just some Facebook groups….which are absolute pony. Makes you realise how lucky we are to have this place!
I'd rather have a trophy than a 205. And why are they so expensive when there's always loads for sale? Only the best lowest mileage ones sell for silly money and isn't this trophy one of those?