ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio trophy

clio 172
hi guys i havent been on the forum for a while since i sold my 172 (which i now regret!) at the time i thought with the way petrol prices were going i made a great decision buying a 1.3 fiesta flight!
i've now decided i want another clio and was looking at the 182 trophy am i right in thinking the only major diference between a 182 ff and a trophy is the seats??
does anyone own one that can give me any advise im not sure if there is anything else i should be looking for over a normal clio.
i apologise if this has been covered befor but i couldnt find anything when i searched!
thanks in advance for any help, graham

Suspension too, sachs gear on the trophy.

There are few threads on here about what to look for, especially with regards to the suspesion, as i'm not fully clued up i'll let others reply.

clio 172
thanks guys i'll check out cliotrophy.co.uk :) i didnt realise you didnt get xenons though :S i hear the suspension can cause problems to your wallet when it mucks up.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Am i not right in thinking the point of a trophy is the super duper suspension set up?

clio 172
i'll keep an eye out for a minter then got about 8k to play with so think ill have to wait for a mint one in my price range

M2 Competition
Should be plenty of minters for £8k mate.

Main selling point is the suspension, meant to have by far the best handling of the rsport range.

Other than that its specced almost as a cup with recaro interior.

200 cup & 106 GTi
Basically a 182 cup - No xenons, no climate(just manual air con), less sound deadening. Then the cup splitters and suspension.

Externally you get bright red paint with a ph2 v6 spoiler and decals.
Suspension wise it's lower than the cup with cup rated springs(possibly harder?) using sachs remote res dampers with hydraulic bumpstops, cup uprated hubs with different offset, revised geometry settings, speedline turinis(look awesome and lighter)

Engine is the same

Interior gets recaro trendlines with cup doorcards and rear seat.

clio 172
thanks MistaT thats really helpfull :)

and danni_172 i remember looking at trophys about 5 months ago and all the trophys i looked at were aroung the 10k mark, im well happy they are dropping in price just hope they stop dropping when i buy one lol

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Oh i know ever since i got my first piece of French crap i just wanted a faster piece of french crap lol.

It was never the cost of the car it was the fukcing insurance that made me not want to do it.

Im tore between getting a Civic Ek9, Mk1 Vee or perhaps a Trophy next year.

clio 172
with the exception of the fiesta ive got at the moment ive only ever had "french crap" i moan all the time i have the cars then miss them when i sell them lol

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Its the way of the world mate, i had a C2GT for a year and it caused me no end of grief. Bought a Civic After that and somehow i have managed to end up with a 172, i really cant understand how i managed it:eek:

clio 172
lol glad im not the only one! they are poorly built cause nothing but problems and when you sell them you miss them and want to buy another one lol

M2 Competition
Sold my cup a few months back in a move very similar to your own mate.

Bought a smart as all i ever seemed to do was sit in traffic anyway... miss my piece of french crap loads, realised how much i went out in it for fun, so looking for another one!

Think will get a trophy too. Waiting until around xmas time to see what happens with values before i take the plunge though.

Mondeo TDCI 130

Bought a smart as all i ever seemed to do was sit in traffic anyway... miss my piece of french crap loads, realised how much i went out in it for fun, so looking for another one!

Think will get a trophy too. Waiting until around xmas time to see what happens with values before i take the plunge though.

low mileage cup!!!! :cool:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Usual misconceptions. The Trophy is massively different to drive compared to a 172 and cupped 182 (I've owned all 3).
Based on the 182cup, you get recaro's, Turini's, V6 spoiler, no xenons, no auto wipers. The suspension is very different, you can carry far more speed into, through, and out of any corner. If the suspension fails, can be rebuilt for £350, same as replacing 182/172 suspension.
No offence to people on here, but if you want genuine reliable info get over to cliotrophy.co.uk

Renaultsport Clio 182
The Sachs suspension are expensive if need they replacing- but they make car handle amazingly

Last edited:
  M2 Competition

low mileage cup!!!! :cool:

You selling yours? :cool:

M2 Competition
Usual misconceptions. The Trophy is massively different to drive compared to a 172 and cupped 182 (I've owned all 3).
Based on the 182cup, you get recaro's, Turini's, V6 spoiler, no xenons, no auto wipers. The suspension is very different, you can carry far more speed into, through, and out of any corner. If the suspension fails, can be rebuilt for £350, same as replacing 182/172 suspension.
No offence to people on here, but if you want genuine reliable info get over to cliotrophy.co.uk

All you'd get on clio trophy is a one sided arguments saying theyre the best car ever though... more open opinions on here.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

All you'd get on clio trophy is a one sided arguments saying theyre the best car ever though... more open opinions on here.
All you get on here is people saying they're hardly any different to the 182, and that you have to pay 2.5k if the suspension has problems.

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy

Really:S

Megane R26, R21 Turbo
sorry if this has been adressed already i havent read the full thread but it really annoys me when people say oh no lets not get a trophy because sachs are expensive to replace well yes they are! but they are a serviceable part so you DONT need to replace them just get them refurbed which doesnt cost much at all and clio trophys are the best one made thats what made me buy one out of all the choice of clios you can possibly buy

Monaco RS Clio 172
sorry to veer off topic,

but I saw 4 different trophys this weekend, and can say the colour is amazing and they have BEAUTIFUL seats!

my question is,

in terms of suspension,

is it possible to fit trophy suspension to a 172? and also, is there an equivalent modification to match the handling advantage like h&r coilovers, or any of the others?

cheers

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Were you parked next to us a on your marks??

If so mine was on your left;)

Monaco RS Clio 172
Were you parked next to us a on your marks??

If so mine was on your left;)

if that was to me, I was at the brighton run meet, which ended up chichester meet, heh.. sunday.

saw 4. all beautiful and really impressed with the colour. love my monaco blue but I have a soft spot for good condition red cars.

loving the wheels too! :)

clio 172
think i'll be taking the plunge sooner rather than later wanna clear some debts then i'll be buying one, i want a minter as im in no rush to buy any tat i see.
think my revised budget will be around 7k i think i'll have to accept higher miles for this money but ill keep an eye out, or if anyone know of a nice one for sale around that price let me know :D

clio 172
might be worth saving a bit longer i think as i will be adding about 30 miles a day onto the car and it will be an absolute nightmare to sell on when i eventually sell it in about a year!