ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio TT rebuild pics

MAXIBOY said:
and nitrous spray bar to cool the intercooler

erm.. why would you use nitrous??
CO2 has practically the same cooling properties and is a HELL of a lot cheaper per lb!

GuyS said:
thats cool

what engine is it??GTI-r??

Almera GTi engine (SR20DE) with a turbo and lots of money spent on it. 350-400 hp! Did a 12.8@123 on remould tyres with massive wheel spin 1st and 2nd. It weighs 750 kg with a tank of petrol in it! Clio TT eater me thinks. Was out in it at knockhill in the wet and it was wheel spinning in 4th gear, crazy fast car.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Neil82cup said:
Almera GTi engine (SR20DE) with a turbo and lots of money spent on it. 350-400 hp! Did a 12.8@123 on remould tyres with massive wheel spin 1st and 2nd. It weighs 750 kg with a tank of petrol in it! Clio TT eater me thinks. Was out in it at knockhill in the wet and it was wheel spinning in 4th gear, crazy fast car.

i will smoke that jap w**k ;) ...........running 12.4 on the old engine - aiming for 11's this season with the new set up

Get it out - £100 on it i beat him

hang on the sr20de with a turbo is a sunny gtir engine lol the sr20de was used in the primera gt and almera, 180sx, sentra and 200sx + others

sr20det was used in 200sx, pulsar gtir

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Dont like jap cars - there the new XR2's & XR3i's of the millenium - every were you look theres a subaru or an EVO or a GTi R

You own one dont ya ?

Last edited:
McBunny said:
hang on the sr20de with a turbo is a sunny gtir engine lol the sr20de was used in the primera gt and almera, 180sx, sentra and 200sx + others

sr20det was used in 200sx, pulsar gtir

Granny and suck eggs comes to mind... I had a tuned SRi Primera...

The question was is it a GTi-R engine, answer is no its a Almera GTi engine with a turbo and numerous other mods.

MATT BLACK said:
i will smoke that jap w*nk ;) ...........running 12.4 on the old engine - aiming for 11's this season with the new set up

400 hp at full boost and 700 kg, my money will be on the Micra everytime when its not running remould tyres... I'll let you know what times it runs during the next 1/4 season.

No more clio's for me!
Neil82cup said:
400 hp at full boost and 700 kg, my money will be on the Micra everytime when its not running remould tyres... I'll let you know what times it runs during the next 1/4 season.

whens the race then? I'd love to see it. :D

:race:

16vturbolee

MATT BLACK said:
i will smoke that jap w*nk ;) ...........running 12.4 on the old engine - aiming for 11's this season with the new set up

HELL YEA MATT SMOKE UM ALL IM WID THE CLIO TURBO AND IT AINT COS I OWN ONE:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Elise/VX220/R26
MATT BLACK said:
Dont like jap cars - there the new XR2's & XR3i's of the millenium - every were you look theres a subaru or an EVO or a GTi R

very true, meg 225 is the thinking mans impreza ;)

PS my moneys on the clio TT, fecking micras, pah!

MATT BLACK said:

You own one dont ya ?

Yeah, its not common thou, doubt you've seen many on the road, you might remember it from Donington last year.

Few pictures below, car looks like its coming along nicely by the way.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v679/GeeUK/DSCF1291.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v679/GeeUK/DSCF1249.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v679/GeeUK/DSCF1253.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v679/GeeUK/DSCF1247.jpg

MERCEDES CLS AMG
This one ??

I am gonna beat him shortly Ralph...........then come looking for you - to see what your car can do

Last edited:
  Remapped derv Golf
Nothing you could do would make a Clio as light as a 5 though. You'd have to replace all the panels with tin foil and/or paper.

What torque/bhp is the 5 running? Does he use any type of launch control system? How much do you think you Clio TT will weigh in at Matt Black and are you for AWD or wanting to take the man front wheel drive trophy above?

MATT BLACK said:
This one ??

I am gonna beat him shortly Ralph...........then come looking for you - to see what your car can do

yep that one,

and you can meet me all the same i dont personally give two s***s about how fast my car is in a straight line or bends LOL it does me , but obviously you do!

maybe you have anger issues, maybe you should calm down and stop trying to be the fastest person in the world lol

Nippy white cup
ralph wiggum said:
yep that one,

and you can meet me all the same i dont personally give two sh*ts about how fast my car is in a straight line or bends LOL it does me , but obviously you do!

maybe you have anger issues, maybe you should calm down and stop trying to be the fastest person in the world lol

Eh? Where is he getting angry there? And for someone who doesn`t give a s**t don`t you think it`s a little sad boasting about a car you don`t even own? The lad with the 5 is a great bloke and I`ve spoken to him at York loads of times but to be fair he has been building it up slowly for years...maybe you should come back in 5 years and see what is about then? The 5 might well be lighter but it is less powerful iirc so it`ll probably balance out IMO

Chris

Neil82cup said:

he should be getting high 11's low 12's with that power to weight ratio. My moneys on the ClioTT

Half stripped mk2 172
Power to weight ratios i drag racing is a major influence, BUT its nothing without the driver. That sport is somtimes underestimated cos people think everybody can go out on the strip and race. Some people dont even now how to do a proper burnout let alone race down the strip. There are a lot other factors that determine the final ET of a car.

Having said that, even though i dont personaly know the cars owners, but i seen a lot of pics of matts previous cars, and from people on here judfing him, my 100 quid would be on him, ie matt and the clio. See you on sunday peeps, cos that where the action will be.

Vince

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
hey vince hows it going, you get the bmc on??
Looking forward to seeing the cliott on sun at pod!!

Half stripped mk2 172
davesrealgood said:
hey vince hows it going, you get the bmc on??
Looking forward to seeing the cliott on sun at pod!!

Not too bad mate, yeah its on, is quite good. Yeah that what i wanna see as well on sunday.

Vince