ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio TT- the rise from the death -56k no way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
Good work Mate, as noted by the name a definate not normal project. Its nice to know a bit more about the background of the car, so thanks for putting up the thread.We were parked a couple of cars away at FCS & trust me the amount of attention it had was unreal. Shame only a few got to see what it was hiding under the bonnet though. Impressive none the less fella, keep up the Not Normal work !:)

Last edited:
Well done, I can see you and the car have come along way! Can you see yourself keeping it for long..or will it be onto bigger and better things?
Oh and is that seat very comfy?

cheers mate, erm to be honnest mate not a sigle car out there takes my fancy as far as modifying goes, ok im going to perchase an evo 6 mak in the not to distant future for an everyday car and i very much doubt ill be modifiying it!!

awesome car fella, was a good run down to fcs and back :approve:

cant wait to see that new turbo poking out of the bonnet :D

LOL knows mate!! good to finally meet pal, regarding the bonnett im hopeing it wont get to that however, its likely at the manifold brings the turbo up and oer the head slightly!!!:cool:

After the talk we had in IOM, you are an absolute legend and I love the fact your not just doing this build just for yourself. The car is absolutly mental!!!

cheers jams, i said from the formost ill be dedicating this car, something ive done, and something im proud indoing:)

Good work Mate, as noted by the name a definate not normal project. Its nice to know a bit more about the background of the car, so thanks for putting up the thread.We were parked a couple of cars away at FCS & trust me the amount of attention it had was unreal. Shame only a few got to see what it was hiding under the bonnet though. Impressive none the less fella, keep up the Not Normal work !:)

LOL cheers pal, i did have the bonnet open for a short while, however, the force 10 hurricane winds put pay to that so had to be shut!!....ah well next time, it keep the WOW factor living on!!!:cool:

norm

Chocolate Bar™
legend!

sadly never got to see it been given some beans on the way home from FCS lol

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
fantastic car :) is this the fastest clio in the world then?

^^^ LOL i hate these questions mate!! WITHOUT sounding bigheaded or cocksure because i certainly arnt, i dont no of any other clio with the HP im running:)

yes about 5 years ago!!!...since then its had many changes:)

Remember seeing it back in the days of its orangey-brown 1.2 state - on rollers with Matt and assistant standing on the wings for the damn thing to gain traction on the RR day!

Good times. Glad to know that its been moved onto another level. :)

D.

LOL i no exactly what your saying mate, its got to the point no it wont stay in rollers, hence me now having to use hub dynos:cool:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Awesome write up dude :approve:

I can vouch for this thing being a weapon... i had a quick go and was shaking for half an hour FFS!

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
I still maintain it needs some pink going on.. but alas you won't listen :(

I likes!
x

ps, please can you make your seat adjustable, I'd like a go.

I still maintain it needs some pink going on.. but alas you won't listen :(

I likes!
x

ps, please can you make your seat adjustable, I'd like a go.

give me your toolkit then tbh;)

as for the seat.....we have 2 choices.......1- you grow abit...2- nail blocks to your '' star boots'';)

x

nice......of course...........nice stickers too ;)

contribute a few pics?

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

love it :)

Honda. Tesla Someday
Saw it at FCS and was stunned. Knew it would be there so parked close to it on purpose! In my opinion, it was the highlight of FCS! Excellent job and well done!! Thanks for the thread and keep it up!!

Get that baby in a magazine!

You should consider getting some suspension sorted out so you can actually drive it and not go ditch-finding in the corners :p lol

Sweet build though :cool:

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Its fitted with FK adjustable coilovers all round, 172 cup hubs, 172 cup wishbones, subframe, 172 cup anti roll bar and powerflex polyurethane suspension bushes and anti roll bar bushes + 172 cup discs, pads and calipers.

Let me tell you the TT can do track days and has shut down a lot of cars on the track - if you dont go into a bend at full power it do corners as good as a 172 cup easily. The problem lies on hard acceleration - the n/s shaft is half the length of the o/s shaft and this causes the car pull violently to the left on hard acceleration. If a car does get the better of you on a bend you will catch it on the straight and leave it with ease

I built the car for straight lines - thats what i do drag racing. If i did track days i would have built it differently

If you come accross the TT on track dont think you can take the piss out of it in your 172 - it will eat you up and s**t you out.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
TT set up ( basic diagram )

TT.jpg

1 - N/S
2 - O/S

As you can see due to the length of the n/s driveshaft the torque steer is scary - it is controlable though just takes a bit of getting used to

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
wow matt you are a clever guy :)

big respect to all the work you have done to this not normal! :)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
dont most fwd cars run this set up though? (different length shafts oor er!)

Status
Not open for further replies.