ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio TT- the rise from the death -56k no way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reet here goes while i can be bothered!...thought id finally make a progress thread on my Clio being Ive had it a year and a bit and made massive progress!!!:cool:

after buying the R5rwd off scoff in early 2006 i/scoff and haz set about restoring it fully so i could chase my dream of having a mag cover car before i was 25!! this mission was accomplished in Jan 07 where the RWD graced the cover of performance french cars....

fcs1.jpg

After this shoot things took a turn for the worse for me and foremost my family after a death and various other things happening i could no longer see the light and sold up!!! that was me or so i thought!!!

So comes early summer of 07, i was getting bored very bored so i decided i would start a search for a vag powered Clio i took a shine to at FCS 06, so after a month or so ringing/emailing various friends/contacts in the world of cars i tracked the TT down in a small garage 20 Min's away from home!! i couldn't believe it!! so the calls and negotiations started!!

After various offers were turned down i dig deeper for funds and we come to an ''agreement'' and set a pick up date of a week latter!! EPIC..

so the time come, i went and picked the **** up, OK she was looking ill to say the least but i had to have her- yes I'm a glutton for punishment!!

all loaded up and the journey started!!!...minus the windows!!!

cliotoday5.jpg

i get it home, various arguments erupted, but i didn't care i could see the light!!

cliotoday1-1.jpg

cliotoday-1.jpg

the car was home!! first jobs where to get the parts fitted that were missing for its mot IE mirrors, lights (or working lights) in that matter and also so perspex windows that weren't wafer thin and gonna shatter in my face!!

mirrors fitted and light wired up

27012008023.jpg

next on the agenda was the plastics4performance lexan window kit.....

11022008035.jpg

they arrived....one problem....no slider,vent holes- so took to work to not normalise them as didn't want to die from petrol/exhaust fumes tbh!!

15022008041.jpg

next come some ''decent'' tyres has the old proxies were s**t to say the least!!!

old...
05012008009.jpg

in with the new!!

31052008149.jpg

well decent start to the campaign, however i halted for Xmas!!!

start of '08 saw a refreshed norm eager to get started again!!, first thing on the agenda was the seat!! the old one wasn't the best fitment and most supportive seat in the world!!...so scoff being scoff offered it a new home!!

old

cliotoday3-1.jpg

supplied by my mate James at tweek's, the new item arrived....

25012008016-1.jpg

few days later it was fitted....

10022008033.jpg

with me happyish with the interior the big push was started to get the motor fettled and actually start of the key, MOT time was looming as was the IOM trip!!!

so mapping commenced, scoff spent up-teen hours mapping the start up map as this was just no existent when i bought the car, it was that bad to start the car we had to tip fuel down the inlet!!!.....no ideal to say the least!!!

so mapping commenced....

10022008034.jpg

with the start map ''okay''....we fitted the new boost controllers....

11022008037.jpg

that fitted the boost was ''preset''....oh and the dash strips were painted!!......

23022008064-1.jpg

this completed, mot was needed so scoff could go out and live map as the IOM trip was literally a week away!!!.....my style never changes lastminute.com!!

so destination Dave and the mot station!!

06032008071-1.jpg

it past with flying colours;)......after a quick service.....it was game on for ''load'' mapping i.e on boost...but first come the oil,filter and plug change...

12022008038.jpg

that completed that mapping commenced.....

02032008069.jpg

he followed moi in case of any ''issues''

02032008070.jpg

mint everything held together and we were hitting 20 lbs of boost pressure in the manifold- scoff confirmed it had ''big gonads'' LOL

we were getting there now.............EPIC!!!

anyways work stopped for the IOM trip, this was a big milestone in my eyes, one big test!!

we hit the iom....no issue really to report, other than a leak on the fuel tank and Dave and i nearly dieing off the side of a mountain, torque steer ftw!!LOL

22032008076.jpg

the IOM venture ended:(......but the TT building never!!! with all the mechanical side of things A1 i started on the tarting up side of things!!!

first of all i resprayed using the ''legendary'' rattle cans....

first of all masked up......

31052008145.jpg

then went a raided my local factors for there paint....tankachooo

31052008148.jpg

and result was mint...very happy TBH

01062008153.jpg

the car sprayed i bling'd the badge with the ''not normal'' orange..

24052008137.jpg

that picture brings me up to the last few weeks or so....i fitted the battery box, fire extinguisher and new main earth.....

31052008151-1.jpg

battery box

FCS0820096205b800x6005d_disp6401.jpg

that brings be up to last Saturday for FCS decided to paint the suspension turrets and generally clean the engine bay...

FCS0820091205b800x6005d_disp6401.jpg

that done....i stickered it up and journeyed to FCS......

DSC_00631.jpg

##################################################
this car has been built i respect of the late Richard mears, who we sadly lost on 31st Feb 2007, times were great brother, you and the family have given me great pride in building such a car, thank you and RIP, my thoughts are with me and will never be lost xx
##################################################

that brings me to the end for now, will add more as i continue the journey, id like to take this opportunity to say my thanks to a few people that with out i wouldn't have got the project finish or should i say to where It is now.....

1- scoff and scoff tuning- suburb bloke, great mate and someone a trust massively with my car

2- Ben @ hose solutions for sponsoring my parts ( great help mate )

3- James @ tweeks again for the uber discounts, owe you one pal

4- matt @ renault specialest spares, for building the car in the first place, and for the bits and peices i needed along the way....cheers

5- not normal dan- my family mong, whos helped alot with verious things along the way....cheers

6- last but not least, mum,dad and charlotte, for keeping the project alive when times were very hard, thanks so much:)

norm

Last edited:
  Civic Vtec y0
What a great read mate, car is a total beast! Good luck with it! You had it on a RR yet?

FF Blackgold 182
Great thread this, love it. Hardcore car and I've heard it's a beast! Subscribing to the thread now. Loving your work! :cool:

M

mini-valver

"Thanks to Mini-Valver, stopped me selling ir"

No problem Matthew ;)
Its a credit to you mate, really is. Long live Not normal!

okey mate.....ring us before as ill be in the shed, burning my face off with nitro morse......stripping these wheels FFS

M

mini-valver

LOL! Brush it on, leave in half hour then get a pressure washer on them, voila. Zero effort!

dude you dont wanna know how thick this white paint is on these.........theve just snotted it on!!!...done 2, 2 to go:D

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
That is one awesome car mate.
Saw it at FCS, couldn't believe that seat. How is it for long journeys?
Also what is the engine spec?

Last edited:
That is one awesome car mate.
Saw it at FCS, couldn't believe that seat. How it is for long journeys?
Also what is the engine spec?

cheers mate!!...well the seat yes...hmmm its ok ish.....i managed from uttoxeter to the iom in it, wouldnt say it was comphy buts it bareable!!!

as for the engine spec its has follows

engine

1.8 20vt apy block (overbored to 1.9)
82.5mm JE forged pistons
scat forged rods
steel crank
headwork by high flow heads
shrick cams
jabba manifold
jabba inlets
hybrid vf34 (bigger internals)
3 core intercooler
dta e48 pro standalone
gttdi 6 spd box
atb differential

thats a basic list of the spec mate, got quite a bit more going on here to::)

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
Awesome Mate, absolutely awesome.
Have you done a 1/4 mile in it, would be interesting to see.
Congrats on such a machine

^^ cheers mate!!...yeah just the 1/4 mile early on in the year...managed a 11.4 @127mph.

with a things i have here with ill be fitting shortly im hopeing itll be a 10 second car:)

norm

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
Wicked, if you go to santa pod, pm me as i would like to come down to see this in action.
How come you didn't go on track at FCS?
You would have been the fastest thing out there!

Wicked, if you go to santa pod, pm me as i would like to come down to see this in action.

i will do mate yes:)....as for the track last we....to put it bluntly id of died, she dosnt like corners mate or accelrating out of corners at that matter:D

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW

i will do mate yes:)....as for the track last we....to put it bluntly id of died, she dosnt like corners mate or accelrating out of corners at that matter:D

But down the pit straight you could have made it all up and then torque steered you way around the rest:rasp:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Ah. That could have been a problem!

D.

spec wise not a lot really, ive got a gt35 turbo, exturnal wasregate and 850cc injectors sitting here waiting to go on, i need the funds to buy the equal lenth manifold and inlet:) then its pritty much mission finished:)

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Awesome car mate.

Bit risky not having a cage in there? I know it would add weight but could save your life.

is dirty.
Well done, I can see you and the car have come along way! Can you see yourself keeping it for long..or will it be onto bigger and better things?
Oh and is that seat very comfy?

VRS
awesome car fella, was a good run down to fcs and back :approve:

cant wait to see that new turbo poking out of the bonnet :D

Track valver + Ibiza FR
After the talk we had in IOM, you are an absolute legend and I love the fact your not just doing this build just for yourself. The car is absolutly mental!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.