ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio TT update

MERCEDES CLS AMG

yawn - here we go again. Stripped the motor down last night and ive basically cooked the turbo and blown 2 pistons. The rings are cracked and so is the manifold :(. Ive ordered the pistons and rings and the new IHI turbo and manifold will be here tommorow. Ive also decided to fit strengthened rods and go for a 1.9 conversion with strengthened pistons later on in the year. This will then be good for a staggering 415bhp no joke !! the car will be ready for santa pod with 365bhp but will not see 415 till next year.

RS4

bloody hell, when are you gonna stop adding the bhp, keep it for a few more years youll probaby have about 990bhp by then

MERCEDES CLS AMG

The 1.9 415 bhp conversion only costs £1500 and then a re-map is needed at £250. Once i have conquered the 10 sec quarter i will give in

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Can i have the engine after for my golf?

Pretty please with a cherry on top!! :)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Id love to drive that, the feeling of that forwars surge must be immense!

Want want want want want..... :D

Black Clio 182

how much ave you spent on this motor then doing it all??

saw it at FCS going around the track, looked mental, loved the flames that popped outta you exhaust wen you changed gear :devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish:

Quote: Originally posted by trailerparktrev on 23 June 2005

400+bhp in front wheel drive car????????!?!!!!!!!!!!!??? More than 250bhp in a FWD and the car is pretty much undriveable.

Substitue that with hard to launch from a standstill and get traction. Once on the move the fact its 400bhp wont do as much harm and lets face it how much power is getting put through the wheels is down to your thottle control.

MERCEDES CLS AMG

400+bhp in front wheel drive car????????!?!!!!!!!!!!!??? More than 250bhp in a FWD and the car is pretty much undriveable.

This is not true !!! James at jabba sport has a mk2 golf GTi with the same 365 bhp conversion and hes get a staggering 11.8 @ 127 MPH on the quarter mile !!!!

A ferrari F40 does it in 11.7 so that will give you some idea of the potential of my the clio. I have an LSD fitted with adj coilovers and the launch and mid range power on the car is phenominal

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by j3ned on 22 June 2005

youve not even had a drive of it yet have you pask ? will let you have a go when its done
Jesus... when I drove it in low boost mode it was fcuking rapid... will be insane!!! :eek:

Black Clio 182

whats the insurance like on this mate lol

do you drive it around the streets haha!! nice wolf in sheeps clothing trick

how would you know driving a 180bhp car tho?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 23 June 2005

how would you know driving a 180bhp car tho?
Hav you neva played GT4!!!!!! Cmon

i have driven a 280bhp saab 9-3 viggen with the abbott racing rescue handling kit.

have to say it was a fecking animal and so luxury, was making torque figures well into the 320lbfts for a heffer lump it went like stink, and handled pretty well needle went round to 150mph quicker than those vids posted the other day lol

lsd helps with that alot

you can eliminate it if you tune the chassis lots

but id imagine with it being not a track car he just whack in a lsd and hold on tight