ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio V6, KW coilovers and H&R spacers....

An orange one
So yeah... I'll let the pics do the talking, not sure I can keep it at this height but it looks EPIC!!! need it booked in for a full geo but from my initial rain soaked drive home it drives like a different car, so flat and so sure footed! I absolutely love it!

8EB7A2C6-D8DA-4A16-B9D2-01B332F79BD7_zps5qjqhyyz.jpg

A4CE307E-CEBD-4FE0-80AF-574BE64E3AD3_zpsiessyhu9.jpg

E65A5946-200F-45E3-9DF1-0781C43AA0CD_zpsnl8kz86z.jpg

Better pics to come when it's clean and it's actually not pouring down :(

An orange one
Awesome, needs up a little at the rear IMO though to give it a bit of rake

It's actually got rake at the moment by a fair bit, must be the pictures. The front is Definately bordering on too low in a practical sense.. However it's not the bodywork that's the problem at this height, it's the under trays catching, and that's no bueno cause you can't buy them anymore afaik.

An orange one
I thought i would hate it that low but that looks properly awesome! Love it

Without spacers it can look a little odd being low, I've got 15's on the rear and 5 up front but could probably get away with 15 all round, it's said to cause tram lining though which isn't good.

An orange one
7D95194A-8146-4308-8FBB-B2FA17A17A04_zpsya6xuwlq.png

GTR is my mates who fitted the coil overs, he's got his own garage, also has a 182 and a Supercharged 106gti with about 350hp lol, GTR is a MY12 and is biblically fast. Only done about 9000 miles from new!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I always think it looks best when the arch gap is the same all the way round. Think 15mm up front and back would look best imo. Are you getting any scrubbing on full lock especially round tight bends at speed.

Looks amazing though and massively better than standard.

An orange one
Got it all washed and cleaned up again this morning and tomorrow I'm gonna raise up the fronts 5mm and see what that looks like. Good thing about the front end is you can do it with the wheels on lol.

Actually pretty happy with the rear height, amazing how the car looks so much more squat and purposeful though!

An orange one
I always think it looks best when the arch gap is the same all the way round. Think 15mm up front and back would look best imo. Are you getting any scrubbing on full lock especially round tight bends at speed.

Looks amazing though and massively better than standard.

No scrubbing at full lock at any speeds you can actually do full lock at (i.e under 10mph)...

An orange one
Raised it 5mm at the front

0005943D-0F31-47B5-8F71-20F5F8B731FD_zpswz9ygszo.jpg

C121B4C0-6DD1-43C3-A07B-2E25A68A38C6_zps0h77l8hd.jpg

This is the final height id say, there's 102mm of front bunper clearance at that.

An orange one
The wheels look really tucked in now its lower

Looks better than the first pics though

Think it's just the pics mate as when you see it in person the wheels are fairly flush to the arches...
Also remember the camber etc will likely be miles out until the geo is done.

An orange one
Looks nice, but surely now its slammed, when the grip does eventually go, it'll be even more likely to end up in a hedge, backwards, on fire?

Lol, well.., possibly! I'm a farmer not a suspension expert, but hopefully the KW's allow a lower height whilst still retaining plenty of travel for our shocking roads so should absorb any mid corner bumps without too much trouble.

Believe it or not the car is only 22mm front and 30mm rear lower than standard.