ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio V6 MK1 or MK2??

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
That's a bit pricey imo. But tbh I'd probs want that for mine.

Love how they do on about unmolested etc, yeah I know I'll stick a soppy Renault Sport sticker on the bonnet :rolleyes:
That car's off here by the way, so you can see who had it before.

I know, and the rear lights plus badge !

do you know who owned it?

p.s you wanna sell me yours???

The rear lights are just an upgrade tbh, I hate the original ones, so I did the same on mine (I did keep the old ones etc)

I'm not too sure, it's deffo off here though.

Hah, it's tempting, but tbh they're climbing in price so I'll hang on to it.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
The rear lights are just an upgrade tbh, I hate the original ones, so I did the same on mine (I did keep the old ones etc)

I'm not too sure, it's deffo off here though.

Hah, it's tempting, but tbh they're climbing in price so I'll hang on to it.

you know you want to!! I not collecting, I'm planning to use it everyday!

Lionel Richie

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
that's 2miles from my house, i drive past it everyday, its been sat on their forecourt for over 18months (was up for £14995), bit of a ropey history by all accounts (had paintwork), get on V6clio.net

saying that you could bid them £12k for it

Scrapped it, phoned them up and it's only been serviced twice.....

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Scrapped it, phoned them up and it's only been serviced twice.....

lol 2 services on a car that's at least 12 years old. & they want 13k I wonder who did the belts. Probably Kwik fit.

Put a wanted add on Cliov6.net. one will pop up.

I was offered one about 3 years ago on 16k for £8k. Should have bought it. Keep searching for the Emails & cant find them.

S

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Gonna take the plunge and buy the Scottish one.

fly up Sunday am, 8hrs drive back.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Aye

do you know it?

Not really the V6 which I own the chap went out and I believe bought yours from a dealer, he then sold to a friend. Should be a good one mate. If you fancy selling the exhaust let me know. Kicking myself not buying it in the first place.

I'm in Edinburgh (still a bit of trek) but if you need any help let me know, happy to give you my number just PM me

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Not really the V6 which I own the chap went out and I believe bought yours from a dealer, he then sold to a friend. Should be a good one mate. If you fancy selling the exhaust let me know. Kicking myself not buying it in the first place.

I'm in Edinburgh (still a bit of trek) but if you need any help let me know, happy to give you my number just PM me

ha ha ha no chance ;-)

however i I will take your rear spoiler!!!! And I assume you are running spacers on the rears?

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
ha ha ha no chance ;-)

however i I will take your rear spoiler!!!! And I assume you are running spacers on the rears?

Nope no spacers - not sure why people keep thinking that. I may sell the spoiler in the future. Enjoy mate.

Ant - check when the coil packs were last changed, the first time one goes you'll sh*t yourself & think it's majorly broken.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Ant - check when the coil packs were last changed, the first time one goes you'll sh*t yourself & think it's majorly broken.

a few changes recently, got some new ones spare, will change all plus plugs when I get home. Not a big job.

The rear bank is easy to get to, the outer ones not so!

An hour and a half should do it. Stripping it all down is the worst part, it's so boring.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Well looks like I made the right choice. Only down side to this car is that it's only been serviced 4x times, however all by Renault to include a major this year. I can live with the due to the mileage and condition ;-) 30k is very low.

Couple of pics sent through today ready for me to collect tomorrow. 600 mile drive back!!!!!

image2_zps945e8204.gif

image1_zps54128684.gif

image5_zps6ff91e51.jpg

image_zpsd54c098f.jpg

image3_zps76a9b1a2.jpg

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Excluding the steering wheel, the interior looks as new.

image_zpsdfaf4ee2.jpg

image1_zps288f383f.jpg

2323_zps183f69ca.jpg

It look great, what number is it?

Has it had the cambelt done twice? Do they have the original headunit?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
It look great, what number is it?

Has it had the cambelt done twice? Do they have the original headunit?

No.1157

yes have the oem headunit, didn't ask about the 1st cambelt, suspect no but could be surprised.

No.1157

yes have the oem headunit, didn't ask about the 1st cambelt, suspect no but could be surprised.
That's probably an import, no difference to a UK one, but it may not have a Tracker fitted. No biggie though.

Cool, tape deck ftw lol!! Ah right, as long as it's been done recently that's not a problem, water pump etc should have been done too. But I guess you can bargain them down on it etc.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
That's probably an import, no difference to a UK one, but it may not have a Tracker fitted. No biggie though.

Cool, tape deck ftw lol!! Ah right, as long as it's been done recently that's not a problem, water pump etc should have been done too. But I guess you can bargain them down on it etc.

Hmmm import rhd? would be odd but hey ho.

V6 255, 172's, JCW,
Congrats on the new purchase Ant..!

Looks like you've found yourself a very tidy v6. #1157 would certainly be an import.. There were quite a few that didnt come through the RUK system. That bonnet catch looks in need of some lubricant, you know the issues related to them by now i'm sure ;)

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Cheers chap.

my life ain't getting any easier, f**king water pump has not been changed and looks to be the original. Should I be concerned?

Very nice! It does look like you have found a good car there, good to see the yellow sticker and little red cap in place under the bonnet. Panel gaps look spot on too.

Non standard front matts in there though, or are they being used as matt protectors?

The car didn't come through Renault UK so is rightly or wrongly called an import. It was a car that would of been likely ordered new and imported by a dealer or via an owner directly from the factory. Being RHD would of likely been destined for the UK anyway.

The only differences are that the RUK cars had a tracker, glass etching and a different alarm system.

Being a 'non uk' car as they are known to our register, you do have the added bonus that your plaque number is the one applied at the factory and not one of the UK plaques. So you know roughly where it came in the production run (yours would be from about 75% of the way through the production run).

Enjoy the drive home tomorrow, hope the weather is kind to you.