ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Virtual Tuning Challenge !

Being rather bored (run out of credits on mid nite challenge) I thought id put this to you all. If you had a budget of £1000 what mods. would you do to the car to increase BHP/TON - please bear in mind that you would be expected to use this car for everyday driving such as commuting and it would need to pass an MOT.

List modification name/make/cost/expected bhp or weight loss. Then at end total up your BHP/TON.

All Clios are welcome.

This is what I might do:

Standard MK 1 172
172 bhp
1100 KG

BMC CDA Induction Kit £150 3 bhp 175
Get rid of spare wheel/toolkit £0 20 kg 1080 KG
75 BHP NOS Kit £300 40 bhp? 215
4 7x16 Superlegeras/tyres £550 15 kg 1065 KG

NOS 202 BHP/TON
NO NOS 164 BHP/TON

Ive assumed 40 bhp increase when using the 75 BHP NOS jets.

sh*t, a grand aint much and i wouldnt bother.....i would much rather keep saving....or get a loan.

I would get ;

the biggest spoiler i can find,
large furry dice,
some anti static things,
a sticker saying "My other cars a porche",
sunstrip with names of course,
tiger skin fur for the dash and back shelf,
big arial with a flag
fake bullet hole stickers
Hows that for under a grand and think of the street cred and performance gains! The ladies will be well impressed!!!!!!

BMW 320d Sport

Im with you Mike! But Id want some of that rainbow film for the headlights as well. And a pair of tights to smoke the rear clusters. Then a Peco big bore exhaust as well.

We got the same cars then NICK! the rainbow film and tights for the clusters sounds great!!!! Can I add a three tone "Dukes Of Hazard" sounding air horn as well please or will it be over budget?

you are forgetting vinyl supposed "morrette look" stickers for the headlamps, the ever popular neon washerjets, halfords own brand wheeltrims designed to look like five spoke alloys (how people tell the difference i never know, LOL) and those protective rubber things you used to be able to get for doors that are supposed to look like somebodys fingers trapped in the door