ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio vs CBR600

Off the line you know what happened - however...

Between around 90-!20/!35 with the CBR restricted to 5th gear it was pretty evenly matched......except on the bends where his commitment wavered due to experience.....

Not a chance in hell against any bike over 600cc - they do 100 in about 9/10 secs !! and weigh about 200kg max!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

I agree with Cupsize...

A bike like a CBR600 would kill a 172 mate!

They do the 1/4 mile in 11.2secs @ 123mph as standard!!! :eek:

I Dont think there would be much in it on track. A good sports car can go round corners so much faster than even the best bikes. The bike would kill the clio off the line and on the striaghts but round the twisties it would be different.

Well yeah, bikes arent good at taking corners, a lot of cars you wouldnt expect destroy bikes on trackdays. I love the sound and look of superbikes but thats kind of outweighed by the fact id quite like to keep all my limbs.

Quote: Originally posted by ak_uk on 24 February 2003

Off the line you know what happened - however...

Between around 90-!20/!35 with the CBR restricted to 5th gear it was pretty evenly matched......except on the bends where his commitment wavered due to experience.....

Come ON! This wasnt a "172 toasted CBR600" post was it? I gave some specifics, ie the bike was using 5th gear ONLY

Just for clarity I used 4th & 5th only, changing up to 5th @ !11 .

S2000

It is a myth that bikes cant go round corners quickly. In an issue of EVO they were doing a Track day special, they tested an R1, I think, it came third only to an R500 Catheram and a Radical. The cornering speeds were right up there!

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Arjun the CBR would toast the Clio but if the rider was a pu55y then maybe he didnt open it up properly. I had a ZX6R and I had the speedo reading 175mph at the redline but you have to take off at least 10-15% for speedo accuracy.

Speaking as an ex-rider (Bandit 1200, dynojetd, Race can) youve got to realise that although stats have the CBR600 masacreing a 172, unless the roads are dry and clear - or unless the rider has a deathwish - a 172 should be able to hold its own in the real world.

The car can take risks that the rider just cant on your average twisty b-road. All it takes is a bit of muck on the road with the rider pushing it and its game over.

Now on the track.. thats a different matter!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Agreed,

I have a full bike license and have never used it for that reason, one of these days I would race a car (im stupid) and hit some dirt or a drain cover or some oil or basically anything that might make you loose traction on a wheel.

after seeing all the 600cc bikes yesterday at Santa Pod running 11.4 sec 1/4 miles i think its safe to say that the 172 would have no chance (the two that were there were running high 15s low 16s)

i raced some fast yellow bike around snake pass, i cant remember which because im not a fan of bikes but my mate knew it began with A i think not the one that sounds like like them sweets but another one.. Anyway he gets behind me ready for overtaking yet im waiting to overtake this micra, and thought fack this im not waiting for the biker to overtake me 1st so out the sweeper on the straight and i floor it almost at the same time the bike goes as well, its cool i can hear its engine revving like a giant wasp he comes past me and keeps on the throttle so do i he pulls about 5 car lengths in front stays like this till the next tightish bend here im all over him out the bend hes on the throttle again this time i get my power down earlier, not too much in it now were fast approaching other cars, but here he wins only due to it being able to drift past cars due to the size etc... overall very close and a riot.

Also raced another quick bike over some top roads, i had a lead he pulled some wheely and caught me upto the bends, this bit was nuts cus he was on the other side of the rd panning it arghgg this little man leaning everywhere in my miror LOL it looked comedy i had him rd the twisties though he eventually overtook me on some long straight after i slowed

LMAO!!! since reading this this mo! Bikes against cars = no chance unless u have a 3 sec to 60 and 8/9 sec to 100 car!

even more so if you think about racing a GSX-R 1216 Turbo with Nitrous

1/4 mile in 8.47 secs @ 165 mph

In a straight line most bikes will give an F1 car a good run upto about a 100.

Have none of you seen the Clarkson video that was out a few years back. It was something like an R1 v a standard 911.

I was like 911, no chance!!

Of course the bike was like fifteen car lengths a head approaching first corner but the Porche came out the corner in front, then the bike would piss off again etc, the 911 won by a couple of car lengths. And I dont rate the handling in the old 911, the engine is in the boot instead of above the rear axle (doh).

It depends on which track, at Thruxton the bike would have been about a third of a lap ahead!

mwhaahhahahahahahhahhahah-joker!!!!

F1 car 0-100mph and back to 0 in 5 secs mate how you work that out most bikes LOL

my brother has a CBR 600 and it totaly toasts anycar on the rd and the 0-60 is about 3 to 4 seconds presuming that you can keep it on the ground!

i dont care what you drive a 600cc bike would eat most super cars!

I say ....

NO WAY HOSEAY! :eek:

Ivan: The rider was holding back for the very reason that Matt has mentioned.

All: The comparison I have made was the best he and I could achieve with the road conditions that presented themselves. I was only trying to provide some empirical evidence for you all to read so we could discuss it! Reading the initial post carefully might help ..... :confused:

It was FUN however......more for the rider than for me apparently as he was following me.....

:)

On reflection, maybe I shouldnt have called the topic "Clio vs CBR600" tho ...

;)

But I wanted a reaction! :p

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Arjun,

Hairy Muff sorry Fair enough !

I tried to race loads of bikes when I had the 172 but I could only manage to kill Honda CB250s and the odd big bike caught napping at the lights.

The easiest way to get a bike of guard is, just before the lights change, wind down the window and point at the back wheel shouting look look at the rider then nail the throttle as he looks down. Works everytime. ;)

190 BHP Willy 2

Quote: Originally posted by Jonny Disco on 24 February 2003

Have none of you seen the Clarkson video that was out a few years back. It was something like an R1 v a standard 911.

I was like 911, no chance!!

Of course the bike was like fifteen car lengths a head approaching first corner but the Porche came out the corner in front, then the bike would piss off again etc, the 911 won by a couple of car lengths. And I dont rate the handling in the old 911, the engine is in the boot instead of above the rear axle (doh).

It depends on which track, at Thruxton the bike would have been about a third of a lap ahead!
that sequence of film was rigged, my mates dad was there on the day they filmed that and they had to let the Porsche win. The R1 pissed all over it. But you cant have a bike beating a car on a "car video" They had Jason Plato driving the porsche and Neil Hodgkinson riding the R1 if I remember rightly.

Got to say it takes a very brave rider to mess with a car on anything remotely twisty, but if the rider is good then you dont stand a chance. got a vid in the house of the lad from work going from 100-150 in no time at all, scary really to think for 6K you can have such imense speed.

Good one mate for having a try, most of us would, even just to see how much we would loose by (I have trouble with 125s!!!:oops:)

Last year I bought a 1996 gsxr750 as a second/4th bike for £950 lightly tuned I did get 160 mph out of it another bike I have is a 600 bandit that does 0-100 6 secs and people who ride bikes say the 600 bandit is slow! and it is compared to CBR600 so I dont think you would stand any chance whatsoever Anyone see that programme a couple of weeks ago where scooters were racing a Clio AND WON

A 600 gets beaten by a M5 at speed(60-155). Seen it my self. To have one of the faster bikes like the R1 or Suzuki 1000R you need a "Real" supercar. It takes more guts to be fast on a bike in the corners, most riders never touch the asphalt with the kneepads even on trackdays...

Lars

Over an hour via dial-up, but thats what I call empirical testing..:eek: ..266kph

What I want to know is was the bike filming the events the GSX-R600 or was it the other one....:confused:

*edit* Although I reckon the bike filming could have had the M5 if the road was clear...

The thing ive found with motorcylicts is where they can go fast (and often do) they seem to think they are the absolute dogs, but in reality probably cant ride one within 5/10ths of their bikes ability.

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 25 February 2003

The thing ive found with motorcylicts is where they can go fast (and often do) they seem to think they are the absolute dogs, but in reality probably cant ride one within 5/10ths of their bikes ability.
As a biker riding a Kwak ZX6R, I dont think Im the dogs dangly bits when it comes to riding fast. Yes, I can ride fast and fast through the corners but I have to agree that I can only ride the bike to MY OWN limits of 5/10th, otherwise I wouldnt be sat here now replying to your post! I can blow most cars away at any time (road conditions allowing)

Self presavation is a wonderful thing!

Bob RTE

My mates got a CBR600 and no chance will you catch him on! Also he has a R1 and all you see is the number plate dissapear in the distance.