ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio vs CBR600

Quote: Originally posted by FunkyASFunk on 24 February 2003

i dont care what you drive a 600cc bike would eat most super cars!
I say ....

NO WAY HOSEAY! :eek:
Not true, Ive held a ZX9 upto 120, accelerating off a roundabout until be both had to slow down.

I also know what bikes are capable of, I had enough of them, my last being a tuned ZXR750. Off the lights the ZX9 would be looking at 0-60 in about 2.5 seconds, Id be looking at about 4.5-5.0 seconds. But once we are rolling its a different story.

I dont reckon any clio except the V6 can "compete" with a CBR600 thats being battered in 6th.....anyone know what the bikes top speed in that scenario is? I think someone has got 155 out of their V6.......

Im sure every biker reading this is pissing themselves - power to weight people - come on - bikes to about 130 in 3rd with another two gears - how can anyone argue they can keep up with a 200kg bike in a 1200kg min. car is beyond me - most of us would be scared shi*%less if we were on the back of a perfromance bike! Not even a Porshe GT will toast a bike with a capacity of 600cc or more -- the Susuki Hayabusa has been tested well over 200mph - the riders said they werent willing to go any further for fear itself!

2 wheels is better than 4...............

Ive got a video form Fast Bikes mag. In it they take the Busa over an indicated 200mph on a French Dual carriageway. BIKE tested its standing 1/4 at 10.4 sec and a speed of 137 MPH. The GSXR600 will do the 1/4 mile in 10.7 sec @ 129 MPH.

As a rider I have to say that the current crop of 600cc/1000cc sportsbikes would leave almost anything for dead, even in the twisties. For most bikers I know, it is riding the twisties that hold more fun not just outright straightline speed. So long as the road surface is good then most well set up bikes with a competant rider will piss all over all but the best car/driver combo (IMHO). Although I agree that most sportsbikes are rarely ridden at their full capability, and Bob is right about the self-preservation (I learnt the hard way).

For the non- bikers amongst you. Data from BIKE mag.

Honda CBR600FS - 151 MPH 92 BHP/12400 RPM 170 Kg (dry)

Honda CBR900RR Fireblade - 169 MPH 128BHP/11250 RPM 168 Kg (dry)

Ducati 998R - 175 MPH 137 BHP/10000 RPM 185 Kg (Dry)

Aprilia RSV Mille SP - 175 MPH 145 BHP/10500 RPM 185 Kg (Dry)

Kawasaki ZX9R - 170 MPH 127 BHP/11500 RPM 186 KG (Dry)

Kawasaki ZX6R - 159 MPH 99 BHP/13250 RPM 171 Kg (dry)

Suzuki GSXR1300 Hayabusa - 182 MPH 151 BHP/9500 RPM 215kg (dry)

Suzuki GSXR600 - 156 MPH 100 BHP/13250 RPM 170 Kg (dry)

Yamaha R1 - 168 MPH 132 BHP/11000 RPM 174 Kg (dry)

Yamaha R6 - 157 MPH 97BHP/12550 RPM 168 Kg (dry)

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

If you manage to beat a bike then all I can say is:-

THE RIDER WASNT TRYING OR BOTHERING!

And Eightball - the twisties are the best fun - EVER!

Anyone can go fast in a straight line!

Bob RTE

Soo.. the CBR600 is the crock of the pack :eek: which means that if you had a very long road, like the M1, with full tanks of fuel, the V6 would leave the CBR for dead - even from a standing start ... although that might have something to do with the bike running out of juice... ;)

LOL @ CUPSIZE - who said they *could* when piloted well? But I agree riding pillion on big bikes is very scary even just in 1st & 2nd....but maybe thats just me :oops:

Ahem. Urine extraction aside .. anyone got rough stats on the GGSX-R750 out of interest, just to place it in the bunch above....

Like all other bikers im having a good laugh at this!!! A well ridden bike will p*ss over most cars. And conering? Its easy to say an F1 car would beat a normal road bike but what about the GP bikes? Also considering the advantages an F1 has over a bike. More Grip and traction due to four wheels and aerofoils. Lets take the aerofoils off and see how they handle!!

I love my 172 but Id rather have my bike anyday!!!

be better puting in the gsx600 or the r6 both have better times over the strip!!

i had an 1997 gsxr750 which ran crail mailto:strip@10.76">strip@10.76 micron exhaust. and a mates wee bro had an nsr 125r derestricted that ran it @15.46 and that was wi him flat out over the last quarter of the strip engine sounded like it was gonna blow!!!so funny watching him eat the nova 2litre he was racing

cars always have the advantage over tight turns but on average roads we will always win as we can utalise the whole road!!

ps some1 said about getin a knee down!its strange that professional riders say it doesnt make them go round any faster and that it just make u feel more planted on the road

I have a 172 and a CBR600. This is an oldish CBR (an FM). IMO there is no comparison.

The only time the 172 would be able to keep up would be on a series of left-right-left corners (because the bike cant change direction as quickly as the car) and maybe on a wet, bumpy road (because you end up on your arse when you get it wrong).

Driving the car after riding the bike is like living in slow motion.