ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Williams to return in 2012

MkV Golf R32
It is quite alot of money. And also around the same power as the megane too.

If this is true, I could be tempted, but will have to be pritty special. Wonder how many would be made.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Photoshop or not, that looks very tidy.

But unless they turbo it, which they wont, they wont get 240bhp from it.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
A couple of eBay chips and one or two CS stickers and it won't be far off though...

It may well happen I guess, but that's AE just talking b****cks again IMO. Fanciful prediction with little or no substance. I hope it happens and I look forward to hearing more about it, but that article is cobblers as per.

Listerine & Poledo
Mk.3 "Trophy" model.

240hp though? Seriously? Service intervals every 6 months for that... unless they've bought the old S2000 / Integra engine.

£25k is a lot but it'll still be only 10k in 3 years

A couple of eBay chips and one or two CS stickers and it won't be far off though...

They'll need to do something special to offset the power lost by taking the gordini stripes off

Now Sold :-(
Be interesting to see how they are going to find the extra 40+ bhp without forced induction. Looks :cool: if it ever happens.

Reading through again, it's just a comedy of predictions. Throw enough bullshit and some of it will stick.

Quick! photoshop a 200, make up some wild claims. Some of them are bound to be right. Clowns.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
so its basically a gordini and a trophy with a 25k price tag. no thanks.

the williams was special because of how it drove and its purity a 1300kg hot hatch couldnt dream of matching that.

Sprint 172
A tie in with an F1 constructor that has managed so score a total sum of 4 points this year, lol! They aren't as successful as they were in the 90's.

350z, Subaru Legacy
A tie in with an F1 constructor that has managed so score a total sum of 4 points this year, lol! They aren't as successful as they were in the 90's.

Well Williams didn't have anything to do with the original did they? Just marketing. Tbh people buy the Gordinis, so these will sell whatever they end up being.

Well Williams didn't have anything to do with the original did they? Just marketing. Tbh people buy the Gordinis, so these will sell whatever they end up being.

Yes but the name Williams was held in higher regard in those days. Hence arguably better marketing than using it today. If this car goes ahead, it will likely appeal more because of the association with 'Clio Williams' rather than Williams the F1 team.

ClioSport 182
I love it! and would be seriously interested in buying one, lets hope they do a good number of them! :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Flol. I seen the URL and didn't even bother clicking it.

What an actual joke of a magazine.

Evo 5 RS
that whole article is pure b****cks, if they do a Williams I doubt it will be in the life span of the 200 IMO. Could be wrong though

Mini Cooper S sport
Sounds like b****cks to me.

On the other hand, if you'd seen an article like that about the V6 a year before it came out, you woudn't have believed it.

350z, Subaru Legacy
Sounds like b****cks to me.

On the other hand, if you'd seen an article like that about the V6 a year before it came out, you woudn't have believed it.

One day, maybe - just maybe. They will revive the V6.

Maybe if we all hold hands and say a prayer.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
It'll be a blue 200 with gold wheels and some Williams stickers on it,
in classic Renault style they'll slap on a fair few grand on top of the price of a fully loaded 200.

williams and trophy
they werent then either. blue and white, with red front end on mansells iirc....and gold pinstriping.