ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Williams to return in 2012

225 Cup & Williams
Because I don't want some knob come up to me at the petrol station for example telling me how he has just bought the new version of the clio williams. End.

Albi Blue 197
Would love to know how they would manage 240bhp. No mention of it being a turbo charged engine there either. 25k.....Yeah...just no comment lol! - Auto Express said there would be a new Fiesta ST coming out in 2010 when we was in 2009. Then they said that Ford was going to bring out a Fiesta RS. None of this happened. None of this will! This article is just to get you reading there news lol!

Albi Blue 197
Because I don't want some knob come up to me at the petrol station for example telling me how he has just bought the new version of the clio williams. End.

What your forgetting to remember is that the Williams you have is and always will be great just for what it is.

MkV Golf R32
I think they should go down the route of r27r like they have done with the megane. But could possibly call it a Williams Clio instead. Would be nice to get more power but I just can't see it happening.

Albi Blue 197
Yeah it was a red ST. It did look good, but that add from Auto Express is soooo old now!

Did anyone see the pic of the blue Fiesta RS they said they was going to bring out! WOW they thing looked AMAZING! Shame Ford RS most probably wont produce another performance car again though :(

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols does anyone remember the "Gordini" come vxr that ae made a few years back!

Fpmsl@ that publication!

Milltek'd clio 182
awfull, its like the LY 200's they dont look right, only the 182's pull the LY off, if they invent this, then it will be stupid, the williams is a legend an shouldnt be revamped in that way, unless they brought it out in the similar old school shape that'll be cool

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
My boss brought the mag in today!

AFPMSL!

A dark blue 200 with gold wheels and a williams badge! They should just shut that mag down now!

Clio Williams #0184
A Twingo Williams would make more sense, the current Clio's are just too big and bloated imo.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Why not just wait and see but don't hold your breath.
What ever incarnation it takes people will still buy it and probably proclaim it to be the best Clio ever!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my favourite is the rear picture on that link, the WILLIAMS F1 badge...

open up image in ms paint, click the text button, change colour to gold, type in WILLIAMS F1 pop it on a random location on the boot. there, williams clio exclusive picture!

Clio v6
Can't wait for next months edition.

vwillyci.jpg

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
How AE get away with some of the things they report is beyond me. Utter farcical b****cks.

Lol @ the V6!

Merc
+ 40bhp from the current engine in the 200 would be a hard ask without superchargers or turbos. Many 200 owners have spent £££s on the 200 to make minimal increases. However there are potent 2.0ltr engines out there i.e. Golf R, Meg 250, S2000...

+ 40bhp from the current engine in the 200 would be a hard ask without superchargers or turbos. Many 200 owners have spent £££s on the 200 to make minimal increases. However there are potent 2.0ltr engines out there i.e. Golf R, Meg 250, S2000...

Yes but the Golf and Megane roll with boost, and the S2000 engine makes the Clio unit look like a washing machine. The 240bhp headline is a made up number by Auto Express. Jesus, even 200 is a made up number by Renault. Lucky if any are pushin' a true 190 from what I hear.

Merc
Yes but the Golf and Megane roll with boost, and the S2000 engine makes the Clio unit look like a washing machine. The 240bhp headline is a made up number by Auto Express. Jesus, even 200 is a made up number by Renault. Lucky if any are pushin' a true 190 from what I hear.

It came as a shock to me when I heard your lucky if you get 188bhp out of a '200'. But tbh as I am not going to track it or drag race it, I don't mind. It is more than enough for cruizing motorways and the daily use and you can still have some serious fun with 188 ponies too. As I say many a times, if I want fast i'd get a bike! My dad has offered me his Suzuki GSX-R 600 but I am not interested in bikes tbh.

Yeah I'm not knocking the 200 mate. Just saying that since Renault seem to struggle to get 200hp out of it, 240 is just a laughable made-up number on the part of Lollto Express.

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Think all you can realistically read into this is that Renault Sport will being out a limited edition swan song for the current shape clio. Think this is highly likely seeing that the RS clio will drop the F4R in the next gen.

If they want it to be a performance improvement SE rather than a luxury fully loaded job, then they're going to have to go down the road of a .R version. The Auto Express article suggests luxury, but they already have the Gordini version for that. I'd like to see a .R stripped out track orientated version wearing the Williams badge.

Also I'm still lolling a little bit at the instant hate from Williams owners before they even know anything about the car. Newsflash - The Williams was a great little hatch, not the best car ever in the whole world ever ever ever. Serial stuck in the past. Funny how the old-school purists don't drive around everywhere in an original Mini Cooper or something. Everything is the bestest old-skool car ever ever just so long as it's no more than a couple of generations old. In 20 years these same people will be calling the 200 old school.

FYI there's gonna be a lot of Manchester United fans buying these and painting them red.

Last edited:
  Merc
Yeah I'm not knocking the 200 mate. Just saying that since Renault seem to struggle to get 200hp out of it, 240 is just a laughable made-up number on the part of Lollto Express.

Yes well we all now know that if they quote 240 expect 220 lol. Never said you wad knocking the 200, although you do love to rub the RS and boost around here ;)