ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Williams with an odd problem.

I decided to take the Williams for a run at Mallory today (RTOC ND09) as it hasn’t done many track days since its re-build.
It went like the clappers but for some strange reason we seemed to lose all power coming out of Gerards (very very long right hander). It didn’t matter what gear we went in on always the same loss of power and gear shift indicator going mental about ¾ the way round Gerards! get onto the back straight and it clears itself and the power comes back! We left early and I have spent the afternoon driving around the back roads trying to diagnose the problem, it only seems to be on long right hand corners when attacking at reasonable speed!

Our car & mods:
Williams 2, Prima ECU, gear shift indicator, foam filled race tank (it is full of fuel).

I’m stumped. Anyone got any ideas?

@well

no loss of traction, it does have race suspension and 888's on so guess starvation could be the problem, did Bedford autodrome the other month and it was fine!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Jay (Username Burp) had the same problem on the same corner. Was a fuel starvation problem iirc.

e91 330d/type r mini
my hybrid used to this for at least a year then evntually the fuel pump gave up so replaced it witha new pump and it never done it again, could possibly be a weak pump thats on its way out :)