ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio won't rev past 3k. Help!?

clio 172
On way to london and car was running fine until it wudnt rev past 3 thousand revs which means I cnt go past 60. Also a squiggly line came up on dash. Pulled over and pedal seems like it's sticking and keeps revving at 3k revs. This is on my Clio 172. What's wrong wiv it guys??

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
could be a number of things, mine did it over christmas, theres loads of threads on here about it. Mine was cured by removing the throttle body from the car, giving it a really good clean as there was 2mm of s**t inside, left it inside in a warm area over night and put it back on. Ive done 2000 miles since then and its spot on. Did it for free as well. Easy fix really.

Hope this cures your 172 as well ;)

Daf

53 Clio 172
thats the car going into 'limp mode' and the warning light on the dash is 'electronic/preheating' warning light (im sure)

Too be honest you are better off taking it to a renault garage you trust and see what they can do.

Where abouts are you based?

PPS or TPS fault. On DBW Clios there are two PPS and two TPS sensors, if any of these fail the ECU will go into reduce performance mode and limit throttle body opening to avoid an uncommanded acceleration failure. If another TPS or PPS fails the body will revert to sprung centre/fail safe and you will have no throttle and a static 2700RPM'ish idle/engine speed.

Diagnostics will tell you if it's Pedal or Throttle which has failed or you can scope the TPS and PPS signals against each other to find the failure.