ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio200.net Autumn 2014 Wales Run - Blacks & Beacons

I have put this up on Clio197.net Cliosport are more than welcome to come along,

Details are as follows

Sunday 26th October 2014! @ 09:00am

Where:
Merthyr Tydfil Leisure Village
Merthyr Tydfil
CF48 1UT
United Kingdom

Quite a few places to grab a bite and fuel at this place, other the last few meets we have all sat around with a breakfast before we head out on the drive.
I think a good plan would be to go out on a drive, then sit down for food somewhere to get chatting.

So i could either look for en-route or if we all head back to Methyr and have something after the drive. Will have to let me know on preferences.
I'm going to get a map up in the week, we will be in the Brecon beacons and black mountains, about 200 miles of the best roads in south wales, as featured on that tv programme we all love (or hate).

As a bonus you get absolutely breathtaking scenery for free!!! Will stop on the horseshoe for pictures, videos, a few drives up and down.

There is a Travelodge hotel at the meet point if anyone is coming from far and needs an overnight stop.

If you could make a list below if interested then i can transfer across to the other forum.
Will be good to see everyone there before the cars get shut up for winter

Final List:

1, dajones - (Clio200.net) Clio 200 FF cup - Swansea
2, connor - (Clio200.net) Clio 200 - Methyr
3, Gez - (Clio200.net) Push Bike (we will go slow) - Swansea
4, msremmert (CS) - EP3 - Cardiff
5, Sideways182 (CS) - Clio 182 FF - Carmarthen
Caymanr26 (CS) - Clio 182FF - Cardiff
7, P60WER (CS)- Clio 182 Track - S.Wales
8, Joe. - (Clio200.net) Clio 197? - Hereford
9, Alex-J (CS) Clio 182 - Methyr
10, MJRacing(CS) - 172 - Brecon

View attachment 114568

Map: (click to enlarge)

6mu0THs.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  LY 182 T
I will be up for it.
1, msremmert - EP3 - Cardiff
2, Sideways182 - Clio 182 FF - Carmarthen
3, Caymanr26 - Clio 182FF - Cardiff
4, Alex-j - LY182 - Merthyr

maybe the north wales run could consist of the evo triangle?

Renault Clio 172 Cup
It would be rude not to as its only down the road!! Throw me on the list please

Clio 172 Cup

I will be up for it.

maybe the north wales run could consist of the evo triangle?
Think I saw you few months back Alex by castle bingo in Merthyr. I have a LY 182 too.

Did you pass a LY on the back of a recovery wagon near Merthyr too? As a LY 182 overtook us on the bypass. The recovery guy thought the car had fallen off the back for a second! :)

The annual Cliosport Honda meet. Now we're taking!
To be fair I went to this meet last year and a few folks on the PH forums came so there was all sorts there.

Plus I made a few actual friends while I was there who I still see often today so I'm quite looking forward :)

I might be up for this if I'm free. ☺ I could bring the s2000 if your feeling left out being the only honda? msremmert

LY 182 T
Think I saw you few months back Alex by castle bingo in Merthyr. I have a LY 182 too.

Did you pass a LY on the back of a recovery wagon near Merthyr too? As a LY 182 overtook us on the bypass. The recovery guy thought the car had fallen off the back for a second! :)

Yehh i remember passing one on the A470 lol thought it was my mate at first as he had my old one off me. Where abouts are you from en dan?

The annual Cliosport Honda meet. Now we're taking!
To be fair I went to this meet last year and a few folks on the PH forums came so there was all sorts there.

Plus I made a few actual friends while I was there who I still see often today so I'm quite looking forward :)
Lol. Sounds good. I'll prob bring the clio. Mrs won't be happy if I steal her Honda for the day :p

clio 182 trophy
Originally from Swansea valley. But living in Ebbw vale area now.

I got recovered from Llandow when you saw me, my power steering pump blew :(
What part of the swansea valley are you from?
car fixed?
I will try and come to this as really enjoyed the last drive!

What part of the swansea valley are you from?
car fixed?
I will try and come to this as really enjoyed the last drive!
Ystradgynlais.

After paying for 2 refurbished Renault pumps to be fitted, both failed. Couldn't face another potential **** up so went to Dan sjm yesterday and got brand new ren pump and genuine full idler, tensioner and belt kit fitted too.
Dan knows his stuff and car is spot on now.

Need to get my alignment done again though. Think I knocked it out on track kerb :p

Do you still have the trophy 182Trophy? Last I herd you were looking to change it.
LiquidYellDan it be good to meet you again....If you make it on time ;)
Filters you about for this? Can come collect you if needed.

Yeah. Hopefully I'll be there from the start this time. :cool:

Lads could we update this with a list if your thinking of coming along?

Just copy and paste that and place your name on, i can then transfer accros to Clio197.net list. Cheers

Looking....
5, MJRacing - 172 - Brecon

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I'll get Dan to add you 5 to the list :) and will post the full list from both forums up. To show the total amount

think there's about 15 on the list so far

Post has been updated with a list and a map, hopefully more will come along :) good numbers so far. I need the drive now as its at the end of a 3 week course at work that i am not looking forward to!!

Jonesaaaay93

ClioSport Club Member
Sign me up for this! Unfortunately wont be able to make the whole run like last time but will certainly get there for the start as its round the corner from me!
I drive a 182 FF btw :)

LY 182 T
The road over the top from llangynidr to beaufort, dont get much nicer than that.

Which way will be going? should add some arrows :D haha

BG182ff,explod Focus
Alex not decided what direction to go around yet, open to suggestions, stokie your more than welcome to join us.

Thanks boys, see you on the Sunday at Merthyr Tydfil.
And if any of you are at Donnington on the Monday I'll see you there too.