ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clioless - E46 M3 Racecar

330i. E30 Touring.
Haha don't be jealous just yet, wait till we're moved in and the flooring looks pretty! then id be jel :wink:

Yeah of course mate, be happy to! what needs doing, rusty rusty?

It's had a bump at the front corner - i've cut the old corner off it, and have a donor piece to go on all prepped up. I just don't have the right clamps, or a welder, lol.

It's had a bump at the front corner - i've cut the old corner off it, and have a donor piece to go on all prepped up. I just don't have the right clamps, or a welder, lol.

ahh that's made me happier lol
Not your daily is it? when I'm all settled in, hope by mid sep to be floor in and dry, and hopefully a ramp! maybe be a case of you drop it with me for a few evenings, doesn't sound a big job, send me over some photos when you get time and we'll sort it! no dramas xo

330i. E30 Touring.
ahh that's made me happier lol
Not your daily is it? when I'm all settled in, hope by mid sep to be floor in and dry, and hopefully a ramp! maybe be a case of you drop it with me for a few evenings, doesn't sound a big job, send me over some photos when you get time and we'll sort it! no dramas xo
Top man, be good to have a nose over the EmFree too.

Nope, not the daily. It's been sitting for about a year, so no mad rush on it!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Proper unit!

Was this the one i saw pop up on the facebook pages asking if people wanted to rent space?

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Mega build, Proper attention to detail there!

Seen you posting some photos of the unit on on of the FB groups, Never knew you were on here haha!

That unit looks massive! How much does something like that cost?

ummmmm £50? ;)

Proper unit!

Was this the one i saw pop up on the facebook pages asking if people wanted to rent space?

Correct it was, although we're not in the original large section that I posted about, 4,300sqft was just to much ££££.

Mega build, Proper attention to detail there!

Seen you posting some photos of the unit on on of the FB groups, Never knew you were on here haha!

Thank you, getting there.
Yes, been asking for advice here there and everywhere. Haha fingers in all pies mate

Right progress on the emthree, nout
But even better news is that, the deposit has been payed on the new unit!
QFZqoKrl.jpg

Just incase you've forgotten what she looks like!
the m3 probably wont get touched till I can get some suspension on her and drop it onto some wheels to get put on a trailer and taken to the new home!
Other news, I spent Saturday up at Donington for the Britcar Dunlop endurance race, some lovely cars on show, and considering the kumho challenge was racing on the Sunday it was very bimmer heavy! good news
qhoP2uhl.jpg

Thanks to Mike @ mossmotorsport for the tickets!
3I6a6SSl.jpg

o4cLVE5l.jpg

WXenQZpl.jpg

@polariscsl lovely e46, top work today, vey quick indeed!
NraATPgl.jpg

Sunday (as much as I would of liked to stay at donington) was spent in the peak district having a wonder with the misses,
wWYjLEel.jpg

FcPFlLFl.jpg

Weird pano cut...
k8YKuwml.jpg

and bringing back a set of 18" slicks is always a bonus!
0yXXRhkl.jpg
fits lovely in a coupe!

Anyway back to the unit, I've decided against painting the concrete, instead I'm going to polish it, hopefully it'll be more hard wearing, less likely to get chipped and paint flake if there's no paint... and I think it'll look good - although I'll be doing it and have never done anything like it! wish me luck!

Another weekend gone already!
So the project has taken an unexpected turn... kinda
First things first, trip down to Portsmouth to collect a ramp for the new unit
716PMMBl.jpg

1WoXSbUl.jpg

poor quality photo,
on the Saturday...
I've somehow managed to acquired another m3 rolling shell... Just what I needed...
b2eyLd5l.jpg

GRuSkVyl.jpg

2a5CylNl.jpg

BCQJQnyl.jpg

MSBdyMDl.jpg

She's a lovely clean example, as you can see above dry stored for all its life...
Yeah proper horrible, spiders, leaves, goodness knows what else...
RdzbxBUl.jpg

Getting her on the trailer was a bit of a nightmare as it was torrential rain, thunder and lightening when loading and that paired with the car not actually very rolling was a bit of a challenge... it involved winching it up while I picked up the rear quarter and carried her on, a winch I finally finished installing that evening (luckily)
asXXqOhl.jpg

fJJqpkwl.jpg

Just a simple Anderson plug to connect the winch, works perfectly!
anyway back to it...
Sketchy Sunday

managed to scavenge a hub from the M3 in the unit, to fit to the one on the trailer...
4LKoj2yl.jpg

getting her ont tools
Its one of those moments when you thought you'd save time by taking shortcuts, but in the end I definitely should of removed the m3 off the trailer to do it....
ended up being a massive faff, especially as the wheels are tight against the trailer edge...
6HxzjhQl.jpg

had to move the car right back to the edge to get passed the spare wheel, couldn't remove as didn't have a deep 19mm (all tools at unit)
GATSULBl.jpg

CqOrDu4l.jpg

anyway, wheels on!
Nothing more exciting happened really, ended up packing up remaining parts from the old unit ready for the move
uOiaFtFl.jpg

New battery ratchet delivered, been wanting one for ages as they make a job so much faster!
MkIudmhl.jpg

Winner winner, anyway, getting the keys Thursday - I'm looking forward to the unit project starting
I'm still keen to do a vlog/videos about this unit/car projects - I need a name for the channel/collection of videos (ref SelectMotorsport) as I want to start pushing that forward.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
anyone who's undertaken this kinda project will know there's just a lot of work and no real sign of progress...

uh, yeah. knowing how it was on my clio i salute you sir. You can weld though so have surpassed me now.
Looks like a great project, will be following this moving forward

uh, yeah. knowing how it was on my clio i salute you sir. You can weld though so have surpassed me now.
Looks like a great project, will be following this moving forward

Cheers buddy,
getting there matey, lacking experience but getting there!

thanks mate, appreciate it.

Units is all hustle!!
so we left the end of the thread with this
5Frx4Pvl.jpg

The nice blank canvas...
Then we start to fill...
LsA9Kdtl.jpg

After however many months wheels have touched the ground...
ImCqSOPl.jpg

4EWDutDl.jpg

And we have the shell in its new home!
WAKDrSHl.jpg

Off the trailer...
Y3t5nNnl.jpg

Spent the next couple of days and countless trips going to and from old unit to new unit
i6b69mrl.jpg

2osWQfSl.jpg

Next job, building workbenches!
RCt0Ysbl.jpg

FXEYPwol.jpg

u5KqKfLl.jpg

Edges need finishing!
PtukIpll.jpg

iC7FpQul.jpg

fansfqFl.jpg

GQXg8XYl.jpg

61dJJxtl.jpg

L3rPf0kl.jpg

oPwCn7Gl.jpg

Finished mobile bench done, and corner bench done also!
Got CCTV to install next, plus a ramp, sink + worktop for sink, pallet racking to put up...
So yeah that's where we are at currently, trying to also get as much video footage as possible to try and set up some kinda youtube channel... but I'm hopeless and remembering to film or remembering to even bring the camera... We'll get there!

Nice work on the benches! Need to do the same myself, what sizes of wood is that?
Thank you,

2x4" frame top and basically the same lower shelf (had left over 47mm x 37 or something),

But say 2x4 all round if you want sturdy, 18mm mdf topper, plus not bought yet a 2.5mm stainless topper.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Nice upgrade from a Clio!

After reading 1/4 of the first post I was thinking "why wouldn't you just get the thing acid dipped??" Then saw your comment about it doing the first archliner.

I have been unlucky enough to spend sometime in an E46 with a wire brush on a drill getting it down to the metal. Not a job I'd choose to do again!

Sorry lads yeah project came to an end when i realised i just didnt have the budget to finish it this side of the year, so i have bought a peugeot 205 shell and am doing exactly the same thing as above... just as good spec, air jacks, bag tank, floor mount tilton pedal box, cartek wireless PDMs all the pretty stuff

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk