ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cliosport crash on A64 leeds this morning....possible death

Racing Blue 182
Not sure if anyone else has seen, but they have closed part of the A64 this morning after a cliosport has gone round a corner, clipped a curb, flipped it and landed on a different road the other side of the barrier.

They have closed the road causing loads of traffic...but the accident has been cleared so this normally means that there is a death involved. I hope that its no one on here.

The car is a blue clio 172. I have a picture of the mangled wreck,but i wont post it at the moment out of respect incase something bad has happened.

Lets keep our fingers crossed its not the worst!!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Fingers crossed those involved are ok. The roads are pretty bad at the moment.

Mondeo TDCI 130
Fingers crossed those involved are ok. The roads are pretty bad at the moment.

They are, people in town and on main roads probably don't notice, but leaves are a biggie, they are so bloody slippy, and everywhere at the minute!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
They are, people in town and on main roads probably don't notice, but leaves are a biggie, they are so bloody slippy, and everywhere at the minute!
Yep, had an hour long journey on lightly used country roads in the pissing rain last night, could safely do 40 most of the way. Of course rep-man in his Vectra flew past at full chat.

Titanium 182
Same car and colour as his...but this one was standard...i think beatjunkies has a performance exhaust!

I hope not, there's a fella in a 172 cup that I drive past some days that looks standard. Hope it's not him. Did it have a CS sticker ?

Racing Blue 182
Not sure mate, the back window no longer existed. Think it was a full phat though looked like it had leather seats

Titanium 182
Which colour was it ?
IMG_5669.jpg

18.jpg

Titanium 182
Yeah if it's monaco it's not a cup. There's a monaco that goes round pudsey but it's got a big exhaust on it.

320d
Hope they're ok. Don't want to see anybody die on the roads. Brings it home more when its the same car you drive.

lets not jump to conclusions ya'll. hopefully the occupant is fine.

i was aquaplaning at 50mph last night on the M56, its certainly not RS season... we all need to take it easy for a few months :)

Titanium 182
This is scary, my mum was involved in quite a bad accident yesterday they had to close the road from horsforth roundabout down to rodley roundabout but thankfully everyone survived relativly unharmed.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
lets not jump to conclusions ya'll. hopefully the occupant is fine.

i was aquaplaning at 50mph last night on the M56, its certainly not RS season... we all need to take it easy for a few months :)
Truer words etc. Had Riz following me yesterday, both spinning up in 3rd ffs.

320d
Truer words etc. Had Riz following me yesterday, both spinning up in 3rd ffs.

Must be those Hankook V12's ;) My TR1's have been fine. Albeit I haven't drove my car for 4 days since I have Swine Flu.

I don't like the sound of spinning up in 3rd though. Where you driving hard or just normally?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Must be those Hankook V12's ;) My TR1's have been fine. Albeit I haven't drove my car for 4 days since I have Swine Flu.

I don't like the sound of spinning up in 3rd though. Where you driving hard or just normally?
Ummmm, slightly hard.

Titanium 182
thats a good thing mate tbh. i dread to think of the amount of threads in the next 2 months about crashing.

Aye I know mate, just makes me think maybe something's wrong with the car but both of mine have done it so I guess I just drive a bit more boring than others :clown:

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Hope every one is ok,

On the increased crashes note, i ve watched 4 crashes from my window in the last 4 nights.
I live just of Coventry ringroad (Jct 3), the cars come down the slip road, it bends left then merges with the other slip road, every crash has involved a car going down the slip road slightly to fast(in the wet), having to brake to merge. unsetting the balance of the car, the backend comming round and them hitting the barrier.
Last nights was pretty bad the fire service had to cut a woman out of a 106.

Not got a car
Youll know soon enough there will be police signs all down the road if saying Fatal Accident here AM

Drove the tank down the M56 and M6 last night Naith, 55 all the way, took me hours to get there, shite weather.

Fingers crossed for the Leeds occupant.