ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cliosport departure.

Quote: Originally posted by 16v Clio on 12 November 2002

If anyone is that bothered by the Captains comments then dont read what he has written and then you will not be offended and then others can just read and ignore, and then the others can read and be intersted it is as simple as that, the Captain is blatently just seeing what reaction he can get, and he is getting a good one! He is knowlegable and he is very sarcastic simple as that just have to learn to take it or leave it in my opinion anyway.
Maybe when he gets personal about you then you may feel the need to make a response too rather than to just "ignore" what he says about you, as I feel the need when he makes infantile and insulting comments about me.

I happen to also be concerned about what he says about and to other people when those people are members of a club I help to run and people who I have met and have found to be nice people.

Maybe if people dont like his sarcasm and his knowledge is not valuable enough to outweigh his infantile approach he should consider changing his ways or stay away from people who are now beginning to find him extremely offensive.

We cannot all have the same opinions, life would be very boring if we did, but we can all have respect for other people, and if we expect respect then we should be willing to give it too.

When Slarty learns to respect other peoples opinions then maybe, just maybe some may bother to respect his. Until that day then I see no reason why anybody should show any respect to him, he clearly has little or no respect for the people who belong to Cliosport.

172 Cup, V6 255, Williams

RenWill - glad to see your keeping the Williams. Send me some piccies (mailto:paul@infinicar.com">paul@infinicar.com) so I can put them on the new website. Thinking about it, I think you may have already shown me some. Remind me....age is getting the better of my brain!!

Nothing else to add Im afraid, as Im staggered by this threads responses. How some of you can hit the post button after typing such garbage is beyond me.

Paul

172 Cup, V6 255, Williams

Quoting Face - "He feels safe behind his keyboard, because no-one can actually physically retaliate"

This is such a naive comment. I have first hand experience of internet slanging matches turning into real life physical violence.

Which is why I cringe at some of the posts in this thread. Too many people on here, and the net in general think like this....

Slarty and others on here are intelligent people, specially when it comes to computers. And considering that, I wouldnt bet against them being able to find out where any one of you lot lived, worked, banked, whatever.

Bit of advice to all the name callers really....

Paul

Captain Slarty says "The problem is a total lack of moderation and knowledge of running a forum.."

What would you do then Captain to address this? and please help me to understand your feelings about the star system and the ClioSport Admin team.

Cheers,

Simon

I have one thing to say on this entire thing (and only having met a couple of people from here).. Why dont you all group up and chill out. So sad all this..

This is all very sad..

Promised myself I wouldnt get involved in all this but looking at it rationally it goes like this...

1. ANY trouble involves that capn chap...

2. EVERYONE goes off their nut at him!

3. OTHERS stick up for him, causing one hell of a barney!

Surely not what a Car forums all about?

Cant he start frequenting the Yahoo chat rooms if thats all he wants to do? Hell get a much better argument from the Yanks!

They also say Kewl and Dood alot....

I like his technical ability but his attitude stinks. Ive no doubt that hes alone as Im sure if he fell in a bucket of tits hed come up sucking his thumb with his personality!

Wish I knew as much about cars as him, no doubt. But Im glad im not such a c*nt.....

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

take it hes been booted off?

what an ass, hes more stupid than i thought.

its a shame that it came to this

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

SLARTY toys, dummy and pram come into mind.

Go away little boy and do some growning up.

If we ever should meet at a cliosport function I would walk away from me very quickly cause I AM going to floor you. Just watch you back pal. This is not a threat this is a PROMISE.

You cause cr4p on this forum and we can do without that. You are one sad little individual and should crawl back from under the stone from where you came.

You have to result to personal attacks on people and insults, which just goes to show how mentally challenged you are. Now go away and play with all the other 5 year olds.

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Quote: Originally posted by pmitchell on 13 November 2002

Slarty and others on here are intelligent people, specially when it comes to computers. And considering that, I wouldnt bet against them being able to find out where any one of you lot lived, worked, banked, whatever.

Paul I could quiet easily find out where Slarty lived mate so in the imortal word of the Slarty "Bring it on DoooooD Keeeeeeeeewl LOL"

Its like Captain Slartys website (Well he seem to think) and everyone revolves around him. Sad little puppy eh ! And when things dont go to plan he spits his dummy out and causes cr4p.

Ive always found Slarty to be a useful person here on the forum and a couple of times he has helped me out but. Ok sometimes he is a bit of a know it all but he does know his stuff thats for sure. Id like to defend him in fact but having read some of his comments on here recently its going to be hard to do that now. Cant figure it out. What the hell has got into you Slarty!?