ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ClioSport Festival 2017 - Book Tickets Now!

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
I was using race chrono on my note 4, I just secured it in the glovebox, gives good data tbf and its Free. If you pay for it you can video from your phone and it overlays the data, like Harry's lap timer.

View attachment 1332464

I have no doubt you are faster over the lap - but it shows what power can do - I was hitting in excess of 120 on the back straight where you were doing 96.

As I said , bends - they are another story ! :)

I have no doubt you are faster over the lap - but it shows what power can do - I was hitting in excess of 120 on the back straight where you were doing 96.

As I said , bends - they are another story ! :smile:
I let you come past me in the afternoon session just to see your car over a few laps and on the straights it was crazily quick, and in the corners the rears where lighting up on every single corner, it was brilliant to watch. I thought I'd caught it all on my in-car camera but it didn't record it :weary:

Also when I got back into the paddock my mate was also saying on the straights that c63 was unbelievable just how quickly it was leaving me. Its not a car suited for that track at all but by following you for a few laps you were defo having more fun than anything else out there that day.:up:

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
I let you come past me in the afternoon session just to see your car over a few laps and on the straights it was crazily quick, and in the corners the rears where lighting up on every single corner, it was brilliant to watch. I thought I'd caught it all on my in-car camera but it didn't record it :weary:

Also when I got back into the paddock my mate was also saying on the straights that c63 was unbelievable just how quickly it was leaving me. Its not a car suited for that track at all but by following you for a few laps you were defo having more fun than anything else out there that day.:up:

I had some coilovers fitted to try and aid the turn in and release from bends. They were set too low at the front but my turn in was much much better. I need more toe in at the rear as it didnt feel planted. I also soften it a bit to aid in the power out of bends.

As you say , its not a c63 friendly track , I just do it for fun ! Thanks for letting me by - track etiquette was exemplary

Jonesaaaay93

ClioSport Club Member
You look like you're about to throw some shapes here :wink:
View attachment 1332470
I was nearly fallen victim of some vicious peer pressure from the English... I resisted as best I could to your charms!

Agreed.. looks like the start of jazz hands if you ask me.

Oh mate when the Jazz hands get used the dance floor quickly becomes a swimming pool....

I was thinking a full on breakdance routine

:sweatsmile:how do you know my secrets?!

He was just about to get down and do the caterpillar for sure. [emoji23]

Not to imply I know how to do it but that and the worm where a couple of favourites growing up :innocent:

I had some coilovers fitted to try and aid the turn in and release from bends. They were set too low at the front but my turn in was much much better. I need more toe in at the rear as it didnt feel planted. I also soften it a bit to aid in the power out of bends.

As you say , its not a c63 friendly track , I just do it for fun ! Thanks for letting me by - track etiquette was exemplary
Should get it around Oulton mate, you'll be cracking the 2 minute barrier with that thing, it would be immense!

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
Should get it around Oulton mate, you'll be cracking the 2 minute barrier with that thing, it would be immense!
Its on my list along with donington.

Manifolds are being built so I should be able to get a bit more power out of it . Always thought it needed more power ..

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I wish I had got there earlier and taken the E55 on track even if it would have been wholy un suited to it, looked a good fun track!

I might have caused a waved yellow with a 90 degree spin and a metric shitload of dust ! :smile:
I used to work for MB and the anticipation of the C63 was immense, it never failed to bring a smile to my face - to see one driven in anger on a track not completely suited to it, it was a sight to behold! Fair play for actually driving the nuts off it!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
We're always well behaved on track at these events. I think in the three years we've done Blyton there's only been one or two selfish track goers. I saw none this year... unless that's because I was one lol

I was also gutted you'd finished for the day by the time I'd turned up too, the car looked awesome but I bet it looked even better on track!

It flew past me once and sounded mega.

Tandem merc drifts required at csf18 me thinks

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Speaking of track etiquette....was there a single yellow or red flag all day?

Don't think there was mate, didn't see any in the afternoon session but may of been cooling down at the time.

Should of been a black flag for the Megane that enjoyed overtaking cars on their cool down lap mid corner though 😊
Wasn't expecting dickmoves like that on a clubday.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Don't think there was mate, didn't see any in the afternoon session but may of been cooling down at the time.

Should of been a black flag for the Megane that enjoyed overtaking cars on their cool down lap mid corner though 😊
Wasn't expecting dickmoves like that on a clubday.
If it was a black Megane I apologise!

Although saying that I think there was 3 of us on track at one point!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Think it would have been one of the others. Robs track behaviour is impeccable.
Obviously not this time mate! [emoji30]
Funnily enough it was 😂 cut right across my nose.
Apology accepted :up: had my wits about me and saw it was about to happen luckily.
I can't honestly remember such a manoeuvre bud, but like I said no foul play was intended!

If it was me like you said. Again I apologise!

You sure it was me!? There where three black Megane's out on track! [emoji6]

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Obviously not this time mate! [emoji30] I can't honestly remember such a manoeuvre bud, but like I said no foul play was intended!

If it was me like you said. Again I apologise!

You sure it was me!? There where three black Megane's out on track! [emoji6]

I can't be certain 😂 but as you offered the apology I thought I'd roll with it. It may well of been one of the others, no harm done indeed and tbh it happens let's face it 😅 easy to forget about the rules when the adrenalines rushing!

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
I can't be certain 😂 but as you offered the apology I thought I'd roll with it. It may well of been one of the others, no harm done indeed and tbh it happens let's face it 😅 easy to forget about the rules when the adrenalines rushing!
I misread your first post mate, and I thought you meant somebody cut you up on you're cool down lap.

Not the other way around... Which I know wouldn't of been me because although I really should I don't do 'cool down laps' [emoji23]

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I misread your first post mate, and I thought you meant somebody cut you up on you're cool down lap.

Not the other way around... Which I know wouldn't of been me because although I really should I don't do 'cool down laps' [emoji23]

Ahaha you didn't misread the first post bud, someone cut me up a kipper on my cool down lap and even the marshals weren't impressed 😂
It's all good though!

I did have a moment as well were the blue MG slowed for me to pass on the straight but not enough and left me no room coming into the double right hander pushing me out to the outside of the track on the gravel, nothing major just a misjudgement of mine and their own speed. Compared to an open pit day at Oulton the behaviour was impeccable.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I can picture Filters saying it to Sam after saying how cross he is about the stone chips.

And another thing Sam, not only have you chipped my bonnet you cnut, my mum just called to say the cat has died.....flol.

Funnily enough 😂 mums cats died!
Did make me laugh...chips gone now as has the cat 😂

@Phase1sr For the record though, Wasn't cross about it was trying to wind Sam up. My front bumper was already plastered with stone chips + half a splitter and several cracks after a suicidal rabbit 😂