ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ClioSport Festival 2017 - Book Tickets Now!

Eh? In my mind I still haven't met you, when where what?

I was wearing a cap backwards with shades on, you were parked next to where you come off track and you mentioned you needed adjustable top mounts and someone's gearbox had gone bang.

At least I didn't try and shake your hand with the wrong hand, eh?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I have a vague memory of that, but i'll be f*cked if I can remember what you looked like, were you scared to tell me your username incase I asked to see your Beadle hand?

Reactions: Gus

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Yeah, I didn't realise it was you at the gate until Owen said so I made a point to come at least say hello. I have no idea where Daniel ended up that day

Lol I escaped the welcome tent when Kirsty wasn't looking

Mooched about until about 9am, Got showered and ready, watched about an hour of the morning session, went and cooked some bacon/sausage sandwiches, then went on the go karts, then walked around the cars on display, then had lunch, then went on track lots in the afternoon, then drank some beers, then ate a pizza, then stood outside the tent to chat to some people other than the people I went with whilst drinking more beers, then went back to the tent to cook burgers, then the whole world turned up at our tent and we all drank 3 black bags full of beer until 3.15am...

So I wasn't hiding anywhere! Lol

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I just assumed you knew who I was and was scared to throw abuse my way.
There are people that have met me multiple times and got pissed with me multiple times and I still don't remember them, despite them knowing me really well, there's no way i'd have known who you were, even if you told me and I remembered, the next time you saw me i'd have no clue who you were, it takes a long time for new info to sink into my brain, at best I remember peoples faces but can't remember their names or where I know them from.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I was wearing a cap backwards with shades on, you were parked next to where you come off track and you mentioned you needed adjustable top mounts and someone's gearbox had gone bang.

At least I didn't try and shake your hand with the wrong hand, eh?
Was you with RMDavis?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Hi.

Fcuk me it was cold, i was done at midnight.

Mate apart from a pair of shorts, I was wearing everything I took and I was still f**king frozen.
3 t-shirts, a jumper, a tracksuit top and a hoodie! Lol
It just seemed to go Baltic at about 10.30pm.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Mate apart from a pair of shorts, I was wearing everything I took and I was still f**king frozen.
Lol! I remember you showing me how many tops you'd got on.

I was fuckin freezing....so I stole the hoody my Mrs was wearing and sent her to bed :)

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Agreed, It's very good for OE gear. Didn't like Blyton at first TBH, that first corner coming onto the track baffled me for a good few hours, there's little grip and it goes on forever, got it after a few hours and really started to enjoy the track after dinner. For a totally flat track it quite technical, Port Froid is brilliant.
LOL ask @MartinL1993 about my Port Froid technique....

Sling it in 5m before the apex and hope you slide past the bale! On the third to last lap the car only just missed that bale!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Mooched about until about 9am, Got showered and ready, watched about an hour of the morning session, went and cooked some bacon/sausage sandwiches, then went on the go karts, then walked around the cars on display, then had lunch, then went on track lots in the afternoon, then drank some beers, then ate a pizza, then stood outside the tent to chat to some people other than the people I went with whilst drinking more beers, then went back to the tent to cook burgers, then the whole world turned up at our tent and we all drank 3 black bags full of beer until 3.15am...

So I wasn't hiding anywhere! Lol

lol I'm not your wife, I don't need that detailed of a run down.

As if you stayed up until that late! It was bloody freezing! I think that's about the time I woke up and went back to my tent.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I was OK when I went to bed at 3am, it was cold when I woke up at half 4 though and I couldn't be bothered to get up for the fight. Can't really complain as the day had such great weather.

I got black flagged after 3-4 laps, whilst doing some stonking laps, so had to come in without a cool down.
Black flag was to tell me tyres were rubbing. Which i knew and they said i could go straight back out as long as i was aware and happy. But thanks to smell and smoke i decided to let them cool first. Fortunately no damage done and were fine after a few laps on next stint.
I was timing you in the afternoon along with others and you were going well, the silver turbo'd cup with cup reg was the quickest I timed at 1:14, then @Waitey 1:16 in the Caterham.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I slept fully clothed, i even had o put my hoodie over my face to keep warm. It turns out i had my son's sleeping bag. I did wonder why my arms where getting stuck.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
lol I'm not your wife, I don't need that detailed of a run down.

As if you stayed up until that late! It was bloody freezing! I think that's about the time I woke up and went back to my tent.

Where were you sleeping prior to your own tent??

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I find anything funny in the welsh accent, I love it. A man could tell me his cats just died and I'd laugh! Lol
I can picture Filters saying it to Sam after saying how cross he is about the stone chips.

And another thing Sam, not only have you chipped my bonnet you cnut, my mum just called to say the cat has died.....flol.

MartinL1993

ClioSport Moderator
LOL ask @MartinL1993 about my Port Froid technique....

Sling it in 5m before the apex and hope you slide past the bale! On the third to last lap the car only just missed that bale!

Yeah and it was on my side i did watch it go by!!
Thanks again for the passenger laps mate, properly impressed by the car and the driving that last stint out was something else. Properly throwing it about and it just sucked it up and carried on getting faster and faster. I was telling @Knuckles i got back in mine after and completely missed braking for the first corner after those laps 😂

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra

I was timing you in the afternoon along with others and you were going well, the silver turbo'd cup with cup reg was the quickest I timed at 1:14, then @Waitey 1:16 in the Caterham.
I must be getting better.

In summer my best time with working VVC and none leaking shocks was 1:16, so to manage that with no VVC and a knackered shock is pretty good!

Airfilter, exhaust, Gaz Coilovers and a combo of Avon ZZR and 888 rubber. Avons are a world apart from other tyres ive used. Just a little too soft on a warm day like it was.
Yeah could tell you where on coilovers by just how flat and fast you where taking that 90 degree right hander where people were spectating, I was on similar mods bar the coilovers and using Avon ZZS on the front and 888s on the rear, like yourself the Avon's were far to soft and kept over heating, in the end I was doing 2 hot laps followed by 1 cool down lap. Think they're a tyre for a cooler day or/and a less demanding track with more straights to cool, when in the temp window though they were epic.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
What are you boys using for timing? As a rough guess from my camera footage, I was getting around 1:20-1:22 on my fastest laps. But that is a very rough guess.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Think they're a tyre for a cooler day or/and a less demanding track with more straights to cool, when in the temp window though they were epic.
With out a doubt, I used them on cold/damp days at Silverstone and Brands last winter and was hooking up grip 20-30 yards before anyone else, and braking much deeper with plenty of confidence. Shame they are so expensive as the pair I have left now might do one more day on the rear and I doubt I will get another set as cheap - so will be back to part worn 888s or new NS2Rs now... Damn my cheapskateyness!

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
What are you boys using for timing? As a rough guess from my camera footage, I was getting around 1:20-1:22 on my fastest laps. But that is a very rough guess.
I use a Samsung S3 i've built in to my dash, running the Racechrono app but with the paid for OBD2 and laptime 'addons'. A must is the 10hz Qstarz GPS receiver for timing accuracy (1hz all phones have on GPS is pants),also has a bluetooth OBD2 (ELM327) logging the revs/speed/throttle position for doing the video overlays.

I was using race chrono on my note 4, I just secured it in the glovebox, gives good data tbf and its Free. If you pay for it you can video from your phone and it overlays the data, like Harry's lap timer.
Screenshot_2017-08-29-09-56-54.png
Screenshot_2017-08-29-10-04-49.png
Screenshot_2017-08-29-09-57-42.png

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
I was using race chrono on my note 4, I just secured it in the glovebox, gives good data tbf and its Free. If you pay for it you can video from your phone and it overlays the data, like Harry's lap timer.
View attachment 1332462
View attachment 1332465
View attachment 1332464

Interesting that it shows you the optimal lap time based of your 4 best sectors and combines them for your best time acheviable. I don't think Harry's does that but may be wrong.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Interesting that it shows you the optimal lap time based of your 4 best sectors and combines them for your best time acheviable. I don't think Harry's does that but may be wrong.

It has something similar, in Lap List select one of the times and scroll down to Results and there's one that says Virtual Best.

Looking at one of my Oulton ones the time was 2:07.40 with a virtual time of 2:06.74