ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ClioSport Festival 2017 - Book Tickets Now!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I think I may have. I'll check when I'm back at home on the laptop.

I honestly think this one was the best one yet. Not because of things that was happening, but the social side of it all.

It's great that everybody is on the same level and relaxed. It gets more socialable every year but this year was very cool.
Completely agree mate, defo the best one so far for me. Couldn't walk further than a few steps without stopping for a 15 minute chat with someone. Took ages go for a piss :)

The marquee at night was a little quieter than usual, but I think because the weather was so nice, everyone was sat chatting outside instead

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
Just finished recovering from this weekend and what an amazing weekend it was.
Massive thanks to all that were involved in organising CSF for all your hard work making this at great as it was!
This was my first time and it was amazing, meeting so many people, talking cars with like minded people, seeing a great variety of clios and other cars and thanks to @Potatoes for taking me out on track for the first time! Also thanks to @Gus for being so accommodating and making us Yorkshire lot feel right at home, to steal your phrase, you're an absolute legend! To top it all off I won a prize in the raffle which i didn't expect at all! Will definitely be attending next year and can't wait for it now

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I think I may have. I'll check when I'm back at home on the laptop.

I honestly think this one was the best one yet. Not because of things that was happening, but the social side of it all.

It's great that everybody is on the same level and relaxed. It gets more socialable every year but this year was very cool.
Completely agree mate, defo the best one so far for me. Couldn't walk further than a few steps without stopping for a 15 minute chat with someone. Took ages go for a piss :)

The marquee at night was a little quieter than usual, but I think because the weather was so nice, everyone was sat chatting outside instead
This was my first one in a couple of years.

#justsaying. [emoji6]

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Yep I totally agree with the marquee. Normally we've had rain but this year was spot on.

I think the pizza place kept people outside too. The wait was long which was to be expected as it was being freshly made, but it was bloody lovely!

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Decent mate, similar mods to mine then bar all the poll bushing. Coilovers next for me as the apex springs are just to soft for track.

Yeah I know what you mean with the springs. Tbf the cup suspension isn't bad considering.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
How many of you baldies had a burnt head by the end of the day?

@Daniel @Sunglasses_Ron @Phase1sr
I love you for not tagging me in that Mark! I'm just nicely tanned, and we sat and watched the track day on Sunday until 12ish.
I wish I could remember everybody's name who I chatted with, but I'm royally s**t at remembering names so I'll just thank everyone for a great time.

The name badges really helped :wink:

Yeah I know what you mean with the springs. Tbf the cup suspension isn't bad considering.
Agreed, It's very good for OE gear. Didn't like Blyton at first TBH, that first corner coming onto the track baffled me for a good few hours, there's little grip and it goes on forever, got it after a few hours and really started to enjoy the track after dinner. For a totally flat track it quite technical, Port Froid is brilliant.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Agreed, It's very good for OE gear. Didn't like Blyton at first TBH, that first corner coming onto the track baffled me for a good few hours, there's little grip and it goes on forever, got it after a few hours and really started to enjoy the track after dinner. For a totally flat track it quite technical, Port Froid is brilliant.

That's my second time at Blyton on the same layout and love it tbh. Nice little technical sections and suits these cars well. I hate that corner at the pit entrance it makes or breaks your lap times.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I love you for not tagging me in that Mark! I'm just nicely tanned, and we sat and watched the track day on Sunday until 12ish.
I wish I could remember everybody's name who I chatted with, but I'm royally s**t at remembering names so I'll just thank everyone for a great time.

I kept forgetting your name was Paul and was about to shout OSS!

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Feel a bit more human today after a marathon 13 hours sleep.

A massive thank to you to all CS admin who made this event happen. From start to end you all worked tirelessly to give us something to remember for a long time ahead. A big round of applause to you all.

Just to echo what the others have been saying I believe CS17 was the best event to date. I met loads of friends from either on here or TR, didn't take many photos as spent time out on track or mingling, chatting to people. Spoke to people I didn't know but good vibes and conversation.

I would go as far as saying you couldn't meet a friendlier bunch of people on here. In between the Clio technical advice there's a lot of people here with good banter in between which for me creates a decent vibe throughout the club.

Long may it continue
DSC_3314-01.jpeg IMG-20170827-WA0004-01.jpeg

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

I was going to but then I thought that you had elements of dark and grey hair so I didn't bother!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Feel a bit more human today after a marathon 13 hours sleep.

A massive thank to you to all CS admin who made this event happen. From start to end you all worked tirelessly to give us something to remember for a long time ahead. A big round of applause to you all.

Just to echo what the others have been saying I believe CS17 was the best event to date. I met loads of friends from either on here or TR, didn't take many photos as spent time out on track or mingling, chatting to people. Spoke to people I didn't know but good vibes and conversation.

I would go as far as saying you couldn't meet a friendlier bunch of people on here. In between the Clio technical advice there's a lot of people here with good banter in between which for me creates a decent vibe throughout the club.

Long may it continue
View attachment 1332252 View attachment 1332253
Great to see you again mate, it's been a long time.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Yeah they were a good idea. Maybe next year they could go in the ticket pack. Of those who have track time with a little note asking if they are willing to taxi? The pick up point needs relocating too!

I went out in the rs16. It's very impressive. It was nice to catch up with Paul too as I've not seen him in a very long time. I miss my Meg F1 even more now!

Yeah we'll have a chat about how to give them out next year and where to position the sign.

I'm so jealous that you got to go out in it. I really wanted to, but I'd ended up offering to take loads of people out so didn't get time lol

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Yeah we'll have a chat about how to give them out next year and where to position the sign.

I'm so jealous that you got to go out in it. I really wanted to, but I'd ended up offering to take loads of people out so didn't get time lol
Great to meet you bud. [emoji41]

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for a great weekend, especially Filters and Knuckles for the passenger rides (Both cars were ace) and of course Chris for the none stop #Bants! We had a top weekend with top people!
Can't wait for the next one, I'll be bringing the little Metro for sure.

You're welcome fella glad you enjoyed yourself.
Make sure you bring the metro next year, sounds like it's a little belter from what you were saying!