ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CSF19 ClioSport Festival 2019 - Book Tickets Now!

ClioSport Festival 2019 - Book Tickets Now!
Posted by Nik
Blyton Park Driving Center, Old Blyton Airfield, Kirton Road, Blyton, Gainsborough. DN21 3PE
Friday, July 5, 2019 - 05:30 PM
Until: Sunday, July 7, 2019 - 02:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Once again it was an epic weekend at Blyton.
So much fun and laughs with an amazing turnout and cars where also amazing.

Was good to see @Sunglasses_Ron , @Knuckles , @Owen and my resident Saturday night fire friend @OssPoop and also to speak to @SharkyUK which was an absolute pleasure and honour.

Hats off to all the team for the work they put in every year to bring this to CS.net and make it happen for us.
The effort and time must be so big along with the organisation to plan something like this.
All I can say is "THANK YOU" and I hope this echo's the feelings of everyone else that came to the weekend.

Best part of packing up this morning (Sunday) was heading down the road to the ice cream shop and getting this.

TWPT2857.JPG

Last edited:

Big_Steve_T

ClioSport Club Member
On the subject of track etiquette... I found the day generally good, and my wife and I religiously let faster cars pass on the three straights as we were all instructed to do so.

So I’m still at a loss why some drivers were passing around corners... ??‍♂️

Great event as always though, thanks to @Sunglasses_Ron, @Kirsty and all the mods who put their heart and soul into organising it all ?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Had a little nap after my dinner today, 4 hours later I feel nearly normal again?. Even with staying the whole weekend CSF just isn't long enough! It was great to catch up with my regular csf buddies @Sunglasses_Ron @MarcB @Gus @Dr Jekyll @leeds2592 @Louis and others and it was good to put some more faces to names and chat with @benji93 @Scrooge @SharkyUK and others whose names my feeble mind can't recall?.
And lastly thanks to Ryan (username ?) for tormenting me and @YorkshireKyle with barbecue as we were setting up camp?. And big thanks to @YorkshireKyle and @DaveDreads for the laps and @Filters there's always next time pal?.

My 4th csf on the bounce and the biggest and best yet, roll on next year?.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Had a little nap after my dinner today, 4 hours later I feel nearly normal again?. Even with staying the whole weekend CSF just isn't long enough! It was great to catch up with my regular csf buddies @Sunglasses_Ron @MarcB @Gus @Dr Jekyll @leeds2592 @Louis and others and it was good to put some more faces to names and chat with @benji93 @Scrooge @SharkyUK and others whose names my feeble mind can't recall?.
And lastly thanks to Ryan (username ?) for tormenting me and @YorkshireKyle with barbecue as we were setting up camp?. And big thanks to @YorkshireKyle and @DaveDreads for the laps and @Filters there's always next time pal?.

My 4th csf on the bounce and the biggest and best yet, roll on next year?.
Always a pleasure seeing you Paul. Car was looking fantastic! Wish i'd gotten a chance to sit in those expensive seats ;)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Well, that was alright wasn't it?! :)

If I may be selfish for a moment I would like to say that I was chuffed to finally pop my CSF cherry and actually make it this year. It exceeded my expectations and, like many others, look forward to next year's event already. Firstly I would like to offer my thanks to the admin team and all those involved behind the scenes that make these things possible. You do a great job and your efforts (past, present and no doubt future) are welcomed and very much appreciated. Thank you all. I won't even attempt to list you by name as I will forget at least one member of the team and feel truly awful about it afterwards! :p :ROFLMAO: Top job, thanks!

Secondly, a big thanks to all those who kindly gave up part of their day to catch-up, acquaint and chat. It is always good to see folks whom I haven't seen for a while, and equally good to finally put a few more faces to the usernames! Apologies to the new acquaintances if I initially met you with a dumb stare; inside my mind was racing trying to recall whether or not I could put a face and name together! I've chatted and 'virtually' met so many people (good people) through this Club that I can't always keep up. And, y'know, old age. Rest assured, I thoroughly enjoyed the chats and the catch-ups and thanks to those who kindly complimented my German Beetle. The only downer was that I missed a few people during the day (goodness knows how!) Sorry!

@MarcB - it was great to finally meet you and have a chat, a chat that I hope we can continue on another occasion. The honour and pleasure was mine mate. Cheers! :)

I'm just about to see what pics I have from the day and will post them up soon. Sadly a memory card failure means I have likely lost a load of images (I really should upgrade my gear) but I have a few others on another card.

TLDR;
I had a blinder, met loads of great people, saw lots of great cars. Let's do it again.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy

If I may be selfish for a moment I would like to say that I was chuffed to finally pop my CSF cherry and actually make it this year. It exceeded my expectations and, like many others, look forward to next year's event already. Firstly I would like to offer my thanks to the admin team and all those involved behind the scenes that make these things possible. You do a great job and your efforts (past, present and no doubt future) are welcomed and very much appreciated. Thank you all. I won't even attempt to list you by name as I will forget at least one member of the team and feel truly awful about it afterwards! :p :ROFLMAO: Top job, thanks!

Secondly, a big thanks to all those who kindly gave up part of their day to catch-up, acquaint and chat. It is always good to see folks whom I haven't seen for a while, and equally good to finally put a few more faces to the usernames! Apologies to the new acquaintances if I initially met you with a dumb stare; inside my mind was racing trying to recall whether or not I could put a face and name together! I've chatted and 'virtually' met so many people (good people) through this Club that I can't always keep up. And, y'know, old age. Rest assured, I thoroughly enjoyed the chats and the catch-ups and thanks to those who kindly complimented my German Beetle. The only downer was that I missed a few people during the day (goodness knows how!) Sorry!

@MarcB - it was great to finally meet you and have a chat, a chat that I hope we can continue on another occasion. The honour and pleasure was mine mate. Cheers! :)

I'm just about to see what pics I have from the day and will post them up soon. Sadly a memory card failure means I have likely lost a load of images (I really should upgrade my gear) but I have a few others on another card.

TLDR;
I had a blinder, met loads of great people, saw lots of great cars. Let's do it again.
Was really good to meet you mate finally ?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member

TLDR;
Good to meet you Andy and thanks for tanking the time to show me around your beetle, it truly is an epic machine. A few of us are visiting Wales for a weekend driving in September, maybe you could tag along for a few miles if you're not busy.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Good to meet you Andy and thanks for tanking the time to show me around your beetle, it truly is an epic machine. A few of us are visiting Wales for a weekend driving in September, maybe you could tag along for a few miles if you're not busy.
Likewise Paul, thanks for seeking me out and introducing yourself. :) Enjoyed speaking with you and I'm always happy to share my Beetle with interested folks. Thanks for the heads-up regarding the Wales drive. I might be struggling due to the date as I think it conflicts with a Welsh driving weekend I already have planned... let me check the dates, etc. All the best fella. :)

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Who's was the eg civic?

Is there a separate pic thread (I'm using tapatalk)?

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Wasn't able to make it this year sadly :( Is it still possible to donate to MIND? Where is the pic thread?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
@andybond do you know who was in the grey mk3 megane pitched up by the hanger? They had plenty of complaints Saturday morning and packed up and fucked off before the rain stopped?. They were asking where the turbo Renault guys were on Friday when they pitched up.

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
@andybond do you know who was in the grey mk3 megane pitched up by the hanger? They had plenty of complaints Saturday morning and packed up and fucked off before the rain stopped?. They were asking where the turbo Renault guys were on Friday when they pitched up.
Yes mate. We have had a chat over at TurboRenault.

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
@andybond I waited for you to catch up in the AM session so we could have a little tussle and as you came through port froid I just seen you in my mirror do 2 x 360 spins but catch it, bravo ?
It was only a full 360 rotation.

I did what any good racedriver would do after a 360 spin , checked my tyre pressures and went for a courtesy wipe at the bogs after.

Got back on it again though and no more spins.

I was quite chuffed with myself. Kept the engine running and just pulled away hoping noone had noticed. Eldest son told my 1/2 of Yorkshire saw it.

I did what any good racedriver would do after a 360 spin , checked my tyre pressures and went for a courtesy wipe at the bogs after.

I was quite chuffed with myself. Kept the engine running and just pulled away hoping noone had noticed. Eldest son told my 1/2 of Yorkshire saw it.
Looked like 2 spins in my mirror. Yeah spoke to your son ?

benji93

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 182, mk1 mx5

I believe I have footage of this, I'll have a dig

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
That EG was pushing you hard in the last session. Have you seen the videos of it?
Yeah , spoke to the drive after. I could murder him on the faster first half of the circuit but he did me under breaking and the twisty bits on the latter half. We swapped over for a lap or two and it was a marked difference in speed in places.

His EG was tricked out mind! Had some great setup bits on there.

I need to sort out my braking. I couldnt modulate my brakes as well as I wanted. I was either nothing or grabbing. I borrowed a friend and with that extra weight it was a lot better.

Yeah , spoke to the drive after. I could murder him on the faster first half of the circuit but he did me under breaking and the twisty bits on the latter half. We swapped over for a lap or two and it was a marked difference in speed in places.

His EG was tricked out mind! Had some great setup bits on there.

I need to sort out my braking. I couldnt modulate my brakes as well as I wanted. I was either nothing or grabbing. I borrowed a friend and with that extra weight it was a lot better.
Yeah you could see you pull on the straights but that thing was on rails in the corners.

What's pads were you running?

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah you could see you pull on the straights but that thing was on rails in the corners.

What's pads were you running?

It wasnt the bends where he was fast. It was the stopping zones. I could do the bends with him.

Mitex 1155. Pedal either felt dead as in no slowing or was verging on locking all 4 and the car wasnt underneath me. I had to feather early.

I am suspecting its geometry based as when another passenger was with me I could brake hard and in a straight line.