ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CSF22 ClioSport Festival 2022 - Book Tickets Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Well that was a good one. I got to chat to loads of folk I've met at CSF in previous years and it's always great to catch up with them as it's the only time we ever come face to face. You know who you are👍.

I also managed to chat to lots of new faces, @Sash @Touring_Rob @The Crop Duster @DavidDave @Stefan. @Ash J @Cub. and others my mashed up brain can't remember it was great to meet you and to chat as though we've been mates for ever. And that's what so bloody good about this gathering, no matter where you come from your always made super welcome at csf.

Just like every year thanks and appreciation go to the admin team for all the hard work that goes into organising the weekend👏. I know you're not seen much on the forum but you're always there, so thanks it really a fantastic job you do 👍.

And finally to my dysfunctional csf family, wtf happened Saturday night? 😂 It was a great weekend gents and I can't wait for the next one. Special mention to @Gus who's the nicest guy you could meet, that car is something else thanks for taking me for a little spin mate👍. Next csf we want to see that BG though!
You were both great company and excellent value all weekend mate! Thanks for the laughs, but not for waking me up when you were throwing up

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Dont post much on fourms, was there for the trackday all day saturday and what a atmosphere and vibe there was going around, was just abit warm out in the car 😂
Thank you to all that was involved in making this happen, see you all again next year 🤞
This was f**king rapid. Did you even brake in the corners?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Dont post much on fourms, was there for the trackday all day saturday and what a atmosphere and vibe there was going around, was just abit warm out in the car 😂
Thank you to all that was involved in making this happen, see you all again next year 🤞

That thing was f*cking rapid!!
Made me spend most of Sunday on Autotrader wondering how much id get for the Clubman :ROFLMAO:

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Top marks to the dads @Steve_RS for bringing the cooler filled with ice cold drinks and @Louis for bringing his lovely picnic blanket.

+1 on the grumpy women. She might as well have chucked our food at us then spat in our face tbh.

Those tiny black bugs were annoying as f**k, especially in a white t shirt, if you could sort them out for next year, that'd be great.

It was lovely to get home and have a shower to get all the suncream and sweat off but I reckon I'll do the night next year and opt for the travelodge, best of both worlds then.

Barfonar

DaveL485

ClioSport Club Member
  21T, 9T, Meglio, V6
Thankyou to the Admins for organising and working to make this event possible. Fantastic event as always, there is just too many people to get around and meet everyone!

Well, we dont do all the admin / setup / organisation / fees so prolly the least we can do

That and the MASSIVE Toblerone that @DaveL485 sources for us.
I'll drop Katie a message today and get the photos sorted, she was busy busy all day so hopefully there are some great shots :)

Just sayin' - I didnt win anything in the raffle for the sixth time runningrofl.gif

Looking forward to my credit card statement for the fuel bill for this pair laugh.gif Hoping the Renault 9 will join in next year too.

20220716_170805_remastered.jpg

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
If you were in the lotus did I get you black flagged? I was pulled over to the right waving (I think you) past, when you got pissed off with me and went by they black flagged you :ROFLMAO: I had no idea what was happening :ROFLMAO:
It wasnt for the pass. It was for noise. 95.9DB on a limit of 95DB. Only hit that level once so unsure quite what I did different on that lap

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Was it a mini with a clio badge on it? First session out I did exactly the same as @Sir_Dave and couldn't remember what side to pull over... once again whoever I was annoying was very decent about it!

Nah it was this which was behind the Mini (perhaps adding to the confusion?! 😅). At first I thought the sun had reflected off the indicator. Decided just to hang back to be on the safe side. :ROFLMAO:

vlcsnap-2022-07-18-12h15m12s749.png

Dat ass though :love: great looking things.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
It wasnt for the pass. It was for noise. 95.9DB on a limit of 95DB. Only hit that level once so unsure quite what I did different on that lap
Probably because I forced you to take a line closest to the noise meter. Apologies for being in your way dude, Lotus looked and sounded awesome (y)

The lovely @Sir_Dave sent me this vid of the drifty mini (which is for sale should anyone be in the market for one :ROFLMAO: )

View attachment WhatsApp Video 2022-07-16 at 11.58.27 PM.mp4

DaveL485

ClioSport Club Member
  21T, 9T, Meglio, V6
Lotus looked and sounded awesome
I got a pax ride and it was on another plane of existence. The thing is absolutely savage. If I could fit in one to drive, i'd go get myself one... but I can't. Too tall for anything Lotus make, my legs simply dont fit.

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
I have zero videos of the car in its current guise so if anyone has any that would be awesome to see.

I was in the Caterham, I was trying to catch up during one session however 1) you were too quick 2) car was getting mega hot.

Went really well. 👍

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Can only echo what everyone else has said already. Massive thanks to everyone and anyone involved in organising this. There's clearly a lot of effort goes into the weekend, and I don't envy you all putting up or taking down stands and marquees in that heat. A f**king tent and chair was bad enough to pack away yesterday morning!

Partly wish I'd went and got a passenger pass to get out in some cars but there wasn't a chance I was pulling on a hoodie and long trousers in that heat whilst nursing a hangover and running on 90 mins of sleep from the night before 😂 Didn't really talk to many folk over the weekend because I spent most of my time at our campsite trying to find any available shade, apart from @Brigsy on Sat night round his van. That thing is incredible, as is the trophy!

Buzzing about winning the 3D printed parts, the GT championship tickets @Filters had donated and a bottle of prosecco in the raffle!

Oh, and who the f**k turned up on the Saturday in a camper van with their dog?! They were camped right near the entrance behind all us, by the orange Ginetta lorries.

Was a great weekend even if if was a last minute decision when added to my plans!

I did my usual introverted self thing and didn't speak to too many people but was great to see everyone having a good time.

Would have loved to have made it more of an evening too but I had the track day booked on the Sunday and had to be up to sign on and sort out the car etc. So didn't want to be hanging out my arse!

Out of interest, who's is the blue 172 Cup (reg number 172 Cup) that was on track too? That thing was mental and wanted to have a look at the spec!

Deffo be making it next year, hopefully with my Clio rather than the MX5 too

Cheers to admins/organsing team for putting it all on! Deffo a load of effort in making it run smoothly and some real effort put in. Came home with a hoody too!

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Status
Not open for further replies.