ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CSF22 ClioSport Festival 2022 - Book Tickets Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Also shout out to @Daniel

Considering we’ve both called each other a wanker about a 100 times on here before. We had a great chat, looked at cars together then he totally caught me of guard by offering me a drive in his valver, after I told him I’m a terrible passenger.

I was that taken a back I fumbled a “no I couldn’t do that mate”. When I should have just gone and driven it.

That for me is what this place is all about. On here we can have our differences, as we are all that bit weird.

At CSF though it is our common interests which bring us to it, and it’s just awesome.

Just people who like cars, dicking about with cars.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Just waiting at the hotel for a cab back to Blyton to pack away the rest of our gear.

what an absolutely brilliant day. By far the busiest event we’ve held to date. The amount of people attending with day tickets was phenomenal!

Admittedly there didn’t seem to be as many people who stayed last night but it didn’t detract from what was a brilliant day/night.

It was bloody brilliant to catch up with old mates and to also put more faces to names @Stefan. @Ash J @Sir_Dave @The Handbrake Kid @RMDavis @GiT @Touring_Rob

There were others but I’m afraid I just can’t remember whilst suffering a slight hangover 😂

Was good to finally chat with @Yorkshire Pudding who blanked me at the last CSF 😂

Huge thanks to @Gavin. and @GiT for bringing choons and doing fantastic DJ sets throughout the day!!

After getting slightly sun burnt at half 8 in the morning while supervising the parking of cars and the afternoon heat left me not feeling too great! I still made it to midnight but by then a combination of beer and tiredness got the better of me 😂

I need to give @Sash a huge shout for the lift back to the hotel!

All I have to add is that if this goes ahead again next year you really must come along! It’s evolved into something much bigger than just a Clio meet! There really is something for everyone!

Bosh!

R999

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Epic day. My first time attending and I found out to be way beyond what I imagined it would or could be.

Good to talk to everyone, did a bit too much of that, soz, have no voice now.

One more thing, track etiquette, it was outstanding. Made the track time really really enjoyable.

Thanks to everyone involved 😁👍

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Had an ace time as always, thanks to all the admins, mods and others for arranging it all! Always lovely meeting the southerners and hearing how surprised they are at the cost of everything up norf.

Think there needs to be some form of ginger zone next year if it's this hot (and i dont mean in the sea).

What's the plans for next year 👀👀

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Wow! What a weekend 🤩 absolutely brilliant.

So good to catch up with the usual suspects but also meet some new faces.
Was a different experience for me this year not being on track but actually I enjoyed it more I think.

Did a little track walk with Owen in the evening which was really lovely.
Buffet pizza was bar far the best idea ever, plenty of delicious pizza to go round and some left over for breakfast 🤩.

@Sunglasses_Ron I’m feeling the same as you on the effects of the sun 😂

Well done to ALL the admins. Absolutely phenomenal effort from you all without you none of this is possible. ❤️

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Wow! What a weekend 🤩 absolutely brilliant.

So good to catch up with the usual suspects but also meet some new faces.
Was a different experience for me this year not being on track but actually I enjoyed it more I think.

Did a little track walk with Owen in the evening which was really lovely.
Buffet pizza was bar far the best idea ever, plenty of delicious pizza to go round and some left over for breakfast 🤩.

@Sunglasses_Ron I’m feeling the same as you on the effects of the sun 😂

Well done to ALL the admins. Absolutely phenomenal effort from you all without you none of this is possible. ❤️
Thanks again for the lift back last night!

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Absolutely mint weekend, I've just got back myself.

Thank you to the admins and mods for all the effort that went into organising it, it really was absolutely brilliant.

This year I managed to go around and put some faces to names and had some really good chats with people. Nice to properly meet you @Cads @Stefan. @Ash J @MarkCup @Touring_Rob @DavidDave @The Handbrake Kid @Waitey

such a good amount of money raised for a charity that is also really close to my heart too. Can't believe I won 3 prizes. (Cheers for fixing it @Sunglasses_Ron ill paypal you in a bit.)

20220715_184040.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
A huge shout to @Kirsty @Nik @Brian @Owen and Rob - these guys hardly ever post on the forum but you would not believe the amount of work they do behind the scenes to keep this place going and also CSF.
They literally don’t stop from the moment they wake up til they go to bed.
This year was the first year I’ve actually pulled my finger out and helped for an extra day and it was totally worth it. Great guys and a great laugh and I cannot thank you guys enough for what you do for the club. You’re awesome.

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
Just wanted to echo all that’s been said already.
I felt like a right gimp turning up on my own and not knowing anyone. But it was a top day and great to actually meet fellow virgins!!
Disappointing not to see any Merrells though.
Till next year. 👌

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow
Like everyone have already said, this was a great day.

Although I am a bit shy, I've meet some of you, put some faces to the names around here, and had a good time. Not to mention, that I now know that our Yorkshire pudding is not as scary as he sounds here 🤣.

Also, a big 👍 for whoever got the idea with the charity hot laps. That was the craziest car ride I ever had. That is another level of driving.

Can't wait for next year ! Keep up the good organising!

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Is it weird asking folk what their usernames are🤣? I’d probably wear a t shirt with my username wrote on it in sharpie. Would’ve loved to have been there but it’s almost a 5 hr drive for me

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Genuinely as much s**t I might give people not a single one of you are a bellsniff. I've had the best weekend meeting you all. I've loved putting faces to names, especially since I've been ripping the piss out of some of you for the past 3 years without ever meeting you🤣

To the oranges, greens and blues thank you for such a mint event. None of this weekend would have happened without you lot, just go easy with name changes🫣

Also, if you came to try and speak to me at the end of Friday or Saturday night and I didn't respond well it's because I was slipping into something more comfortable... A coma 🤣

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Bit of a flying visit for us but great to meet those of you I managed to awkwardly stumble across 😅.

Top event as usual from what I saw, awesome effort with the planning side of things.

My wallet is shaking from seeing so many nice cars!

Thanks to everyone that had some input into the whole event!

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
One thing I will say is, I didn't expect @Touring_Rob to look how he looked

I was fully waiting for a bald, middle aged bloke not someone that looked the same age as me🤣🤣

I saw a pair of sandals so assumed that was @GiT. His pockets were full of lottery tickets
I told Sharky that I messed up, I should have brought the old ones (all still here) and started handing them out randomly lol

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
One thing I will say is, I didn't expect @Touring_Rob to look how he looked

I was fully waiting for a bald, middle aged bloke not someone that looked the same age as me🤣🤣

I saw a pair of sandals so assumed that was @GiT. His pockets were full of lottery tickets
You said that to me about 4 times hahaha, I must just give off @Clio_fool vibes on here.

Lads last night, round the fire had me on stitches for an hour straight, properly funny group, Dave, Dave, Dave and Dave.

How's your wife doing Paul? Did she survive your return or is she under the garden?

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
The heat definitely stopped me from chatting with more people.

I spent most of my time chatting with @Cub. @Jonnio and @SharkyUK , also met @Daniel when he joined us.

@Yorkshire Pudding @dann2707 @DavidDave I didn't really have a proper chat with you guys but still good to meet you.

Daz lovely to meet you too mate, albeit apologies for being 100mph everywhere and not getting to enjoy a beer with you. Weekend was a whirlwind.

You said that to me about 4 times hahaha, I must just give off @Clio_fool vibes on here.

Lads last night, round the fire had me on stitches for an hour straight, properly funny group, Dave, Dave, Dave and Dave.

How's your wife doing Paul? Did she survive your return or is she under the garden?
I’m with The Yorkshire poo pudding, I was not expecting you to be quite so handsome Touring Dave!

Proper fun weekend. Just not enough time to meet and talk to people. Made harder and more awkward without name badges! @The Handbrake Kid was excellent sport all weekend. His attempts to help the farmer harvest the crops off the side of Blyton Park track, should also not go unnoticed…ironically happening 5 minutes after @dann2707 (the raffle snaffler) bled his brakes…🤔

I’m home now, I have just finished getting a bollocking from Mrs Dave. For spending £50 on raffle tickets…apparently the Prosecco “better be f**king nice, you silly fat t**t”

so to summarise my learnings from the weekend:
1) @Clio_fool will end up on the news at some point..just think Fred West
2) @dann2707 is either very lucky or brides someone
3) @Yorkshire Pudding is exactly the same in real life as he is online, but also a genuinely nice, generous lad. Who can actually get a car around a track in more than a respectable fashion…he can also eat!
4) @Touring_Rob is a glorious looking man
5) @Cub. is very Bear like and had a very angry sounding car
6) @Jonnio Punto is a lovey little car. In fact much better than I ever remember them looking
7) @Daniel Clio was quick, very quick
8) @DaveDreads what a legend
9) @The Handbrake Kid - Chapeau mate, you took the banter very well.
10) @Gus is a pyromaniac

Thanks to all of the crew who put on a Stella event for us all to enjoy.

Big_Steve_T

ClioSport Club Member
Bloody awesome ClioSport Festival 2022!!!

Great to catch up with so many old faces, and many new also!!

Great track etiquette, and those of you who were stepping out of line, soon got a slap 👋 from the Marshalls to bring you back!! 🤣

It’s the first time my wife has just taken the Clio 182 and driven it herself round the track. The 30mins tuition she had from the instructor REALLY made a Difference, and by the end of the day, was really peddling the little thing round at a fair pace!!
1E42730D-F01D-4052-9B70-FFA54B50D18A.jpeg

Great selection of Clio’s around and some truly epic one off’s as well!!

@Brigsy ’s Clio Trophy Turbo 🥰😲
@Adey. ’s Twingo Mingo (KER-WIK!!)

Look forwards to whatever 2023 brings…

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Excellent time was had, thanks to everyone involved. And thanks @Big_Steve_T for letting me have a pedal in both the cars👍🏻. That rb is quite simply the best thing I've driven in ages, whole setup is so complimentary and that diff..... yes I want one now.

Great to catch up and meet new people, sorry if anyone spoken to me and got "mate" back, I'm so bad with real names that when it comes to usernames too I fall flat.

Can't wait for next year

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Daz lovely to meet you too mate, albeit apologies for being 100mph everywhere and not getting to enjoy a beer with you. Weekend was a whirlwind.

I’m with The Yorkshire poo pudding, I was not expecting you to be quite so handsome Touring Dave!

Proper fun weekend. Just not enough time to meet and talk to people. Made harder and more awkward without name badges! @The Handbrake Kid was excellent sport all weekend. His attempts to help the farmer harvest the crops off the side of Blyton Park track, should also not go unnoticed…ironically happening 5 minutes after @dann2707 (the raffle snaffler) bled his brakes…🤔

I’m home now, I have just finished getting a bollocking from Mrs Dave. For spending £50 on raffle tickets…apparently the Prosecco “better be f**king nice, you silly fat t**t”

so to summarise my learnings from the weekend:
1) @Clio_fool will end up on the news at some point..just think Fred West
2) @dann2707 is either very lucky or brides someone
3) @Yorkshire Pudding is exactly the same in real life as he is online, but also a genuinely nice, generous lad. Who can actually get a car around a track in more than a respectable fashion…he can also eat!
4) @Touring_Rob is a glorious looking man
5) @Cub. is very Bear like and had a very angry sounding car
6) @Jonnio Punto is a lovey little car. In fact much better than I ever remember them looking
7) @Daniel Clio was quick, very quick
8) @DaveDreads what a legend
9) @The Handbrake Kid - Chapeau mate, you took the banter very well.
10) @Gus is a pyromaniac

Thanks to all of the crew who put on a Stella event for us all to enjoy.
You do not look old enough to have teenagers, It was very dark, and you were drunk... but I thank you for your kind words sir.

I've got a good clip on the gopro of @Yorkshire Pudding absolutely slaying me on track and another of @MarkCup (king late brake) taking me for some passenger laps... he was very very fast, gloves akimbo.

Apologies to anyone I blocked the s**t out of on track, especially the black Clio with black light covers who was very patient while I was knobbing about.

Such a nice bunch of people. Cheers for the chair loan @Filters

I came alone and assumed it would be an uncomfortable day spent smiling at people not wanting to chat, I couldn't have been more wrong and immediately found the silver love fox @Sir_Dave, @Panda. and @Cads who looked after me all day, had great chats with the lads from BTT Motorsport and basically everyone who I bumped into....@Ol’ Tarby! is disturbingly not old at all which messed with my head when we first met. @Cub. was a gent, @Daniel was the nicest bloke alive... I could honestly brown nose you all for another page... it was just brilliant. The end.

I think the only person who met with my mental image 100% was @DaveDreads, especially when he pulled a pink bong out of nowhere...

@Louis needs to come for the whole weekend next time 👀

And anyone who didn't come because you were worried you wouldn't know anyone... you fucked up.

What a legend

View attachment PXL_20220716_152532532.mp4

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Great weekend from start to finish. Big thank you to all the organisers, such a well ran event.

Also got to put faces to user names, everyone we met were top guys.

Track etiquette was spot on too, didn't get many pics but got lots of decent video chasing some very tasty cars around.

View attachment 1603060
Mate you and your car were unbelievably rapid. Kept trying to find you to come say hi/rub one out over your murtwo.... didn't work out.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
You do not look old enough to have teenagers, It was very dark, and you were drunk... but I thank you for your kind words sir.

I've got a good clip on the gopro of @Yorkshire Pudding absolutely slaying me on track and another of @MarkCup (king late brake) taking me for some passenger laps... he was very very fast, gloves akimbo.

Apologies to anyone I blocked the s**t out of on track, especially the black Clio with black light covers who was very patient while I was knobbing about.

Such a nice bunch of people. Cheers for the chair loan @Filters

I came alone and assumed it would be an uncomfortable day spent smiling at people not wanting to chat, I couldn't have been more wrong and immediately found the silver love fox @Sir_Dave, @Panda. and @Cads who looked after me all day, had great chats with the lads from BTT Motorsport and basically everyone who I bumped into....@Ol’ Tarby! is disturbingly not old at all which messed with my head when we first met. @Cub. was a gent, @Daniel was the nicest bloke alive... I could honestly brown nose you all for another page... it was just brilliant. The end.

I think the only person who met with my mental image 100% was @DaveDreads, especially when he pulled a pink bong out of nowhere...

@Louis needs to come for the whole weekend next time 👀

And anyone who didn't come because you were worried you wouldn't know anyone... you fucked up.

What a legend

View attachment 1603054
A comfy bed and decent shower just seemed like the better option after melting in the sun for 6 hours 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.