ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cliosport festival - CSF TAXIS!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Last year, in a bid to get more people involved in track time, we trialled CSF taxis to try and help with the awkwardness of approaching strangers to ask for passenger rides. Willing members had a sticker in their window to show that they were happy to take people out for rides during the day.

C730401D-C556-41D1-98F0-E3D4F5192ED5.jpeg

We’ll be handing out CSF TAXI stickers at the gate to track going members willing to give people passenger rides around the track. So let us know when you receive your weekend pack and we’ll hand out the stickers.

The non track going members just have to find a car with a sticker in and ask for a ride. Simples.

The passenger pick up point will be on the corner of the pit area this year as it was a bit out of the way last time. So brilliantly marked on the map.CB548C87-A784-4493-BEF2-FF22A9700BF7.jpeg

*NOTE: To go on track, you must purchase a passenger wrist band from javelin and be wearing appropriate clothing. NO SHORTS. A helmet is also mandatory, you can rent one from the office if you don’t have your own.*

Passenger wrist bands can be purchased from the briefing suite/reception, to the left of the canteen.

As a Taxi driver for a living can I please have/purchase one of these for my Clio...

I won’t be making it to blyton this year... but I’ll happily offer this service at any track I visit ????
Plus... I don’t think this should be limited to CSF.. I think it should say CS Taxi!

This way, those that are members and see me/other members flying around the track, they know they can come and hitch a ride.
I’m well happy when other forum members want to jump in for a few laps.. I remember going out with a lad at Goodwood and that had me HOOKED!

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
I'm more thank happy to offer passenger rides for anyone that wants to come out in the Trophy?

I will grab a 'Taxi' sticker when I arrive Friday evening! [emoji1303]

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I will try my best. Just got a few bits to finish off and would need to find a way to get the car there.

Seats etc are all ordered, just need to make some cage tweaks and find an exhaust that isn't 118dB ?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
As a Taxi driver for a living can I please have/purchase one of these for my Clio...

I won’t be making it to blyton this year... but I’ll happily offer this service at any track I visit ????
Plus... I don’t think this should be limited to CSF.. I think it should say CS Taxi!

This way, those that are members and see me/other members flying around the track, they know they can come and hitch a ride.
I’m well happy when other forum members want to jump in for a few laps.. I remember going out with a lad at Goodwood and that had me HOOKED!

Good idea, I’ll try and get Nik on it ?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)

Great idea. Only issue is that if someone is hero it can show Cs in a bad light. Imo.

Great idea. Only issue is that if someone is hero it can show Cs in a bad light. Imo.

Whilst I agree with this, you’d hope that if people are taking others out with them, it’ll stop them being dickheads... plus, if you see someone being a hero, you’d be less likely to jump in with said person.

I completely understand that there are “those” that think they are Ken Block or Lewis Hamilton, but if members see a knob on track with a sticker, they can report it to Admin, Admin can then take it further if they need to.

This could also be something that comes as part of the ‘Members Pack’...
In the members section, upon renewal after your first year, you could be prompted with “Do you use your Clio for track use?” Then you tick that box, another drops down. “Would you take other members out in your car free of charge if they’re paying passengers” then you put another tick in a box.

Then it gives you the T’s and C’s

B-shaw557

ClioSport Club Member
No shorts rule makes me mad ? It'll ruin my then 9 week streak of wearing only shorts.

Hoping to go out as a passenger on the day though.
Want to see what some different setups are like out on track. Turbo/ITB/LSD etc etc to help me come to a decision as what to go with on my own.

May buy trousers that unzip into shorts just for this tbh, I'll be less mad then.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
No shorts rule makes me mad ? It'll ruin my then 9 week streak of wearing only shorts.

Hoping to go out as a passenger on the day though.
Want to see what some different setups are like out on track. Turbo/ITB/LSD etc etc to help me come to a decision as what to go with on my own.

May buy trousers that unzip into shorts just for this tbh, I'll be less mad then.

I always just bring a pair of jogging bottoms and quickly get changed before I go out for passenger laps.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Would love to get there with the rally car and wouldnt have a problem with giving passenger laps. Currently very busy with a major shutdown in work so will see if I can get something sorted.