ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ClioSport maindealer Servicing

Good Day Petrol Headz.....

Just a tale Id like to share and maybe get some feedback on, since my choice for a 172 was for cheap yet exciting thrills. The latter has not failed, since having my 172 X-reg (albeit imported) from 12k miles. Its given me lots of good fun and not cost me too much, tyres, rear pads and a 24k service that cost not more 250 at a local renault dealer.

Now nearing the 36k mark I went back to the same dealer and asked for a quote on the b type service. £298 and some pence all in. I thought thats not to bad and then quizzed the young lady behind the desk as to whether that included the ancillary belt change. After much clicking of her mouse on her super renault software it emerged that it didnt list anything to do with belt. She went into workshop and came back to quote me a further £168.70 for a ancillary belt change. (Ok I have a pal who would spend 70 notes on a Gucci belt to wear, but this is madness!)

Unless I am unaware of something obvious, can anyone out there who has had their 36k revision completed by a dealer comment as to costs incurred?

Incidentally, the pads change quoted was for 120 squids and I managed to get them from renault for £25 and changed them myself.

I live in Coventry at moment, if anyone knows of an alternative 3rd party service centre they recommend then please let me know?

Happy motoring with Optimax!

E

get another garage (i.e. not Reno) to do your service?

Im dead lucky, I know one of the mechanics at my Renault garage and he did my 24k for me, £220 all in, that included new front discs and pads and new auxillary belt and all the usual bits and bobs, filters, oil.

Just been on BB performance tuning link, theyve posted graphs for the 172 turbo incidentally (WOW)!, and also do the servicing. May just take a trip down to enjoy petrol head environment and get service done and save myself well over a 100 squid.

I know guy in WSM but it not a main dealer, so awaiting price....

Cheerz all.

E

I had my 36K done today @ Renault Ilkeston. £264 - £52 cheaper than Renault Derby, and 10 mins drive away!

Anyhow, I quizzed them about the same belt. £79 extra inc labour, so yours seems a but out!

They also reckoned that it doesnt need doing until 72K - thats what it said on their system. I took my service manual in with the car, which clearly states that it needs replacing @ 36K and they called Renault UK to check. Renault UK confirmed that its doesnt need doing until 72K. Im now of the opinion that Ill leave it and its on their heads if it fails!

Cheers

Rich

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 25 August 2004

my belt was squeaking like smurf on heat
Its the belt tensioner, it has been known to be come worn and need replacing.

Called another local Renault dealer who quoted a tenner less (£289) than first garage and when quizzed about belt, responded that in the service its checked for condition of, tension and retighten if necessary, but not replace.

BB Per Tun list it as change and do the lot for 230 all in. May take a break and visit the turbo shop and the loacl area and still save money!

Thanks for feedback, will re-question other garage as to 168 cost for belt change?

Ez now E