ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ClioSport meet only ideas and opinions welcome.

ITB BG 182
Admin/Modz - if you could put this in the local meets section covering all locations please, as it would not let me do this.

After the FCS10 thread there has been talks about doing a cliosport meet for every member to come to one location and possibly have a night camping after a day out with everyone.
For some of the people who went to FCS, you will know what its like. You get out of the car walk around and dont really talk to many other unknown members.

Well hopfully this would be different, there are many other clubs/forums that do this and they are big events for them each year with great success.

So would you be interested in this?
Also we need to have ideas so people can agree to a location central to the UK, just so neither nothern or southern members will moan about having to travel further than anyone else to it.
And what month of the year would your lot like this to happen?

Bumder With A Buffer
Without sounding too negative...

It has been tried before and it boils down to people saying

"yeah awesome ul come" , there is a list of 100 or so people, then when payment is needed only 5 people bother paying.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Tom tried to organise a national karting day and people were moaning about the central location etc etc.

Never gonna happen.

ITB BG 182
£50 a head is a little much i would say for one day + that is next year.

Was thinking of trying to get people together to go and watch or do some track time if possible some where or meet up for a night camping, bbq's, drinks, games, inclub competitions.
IF we started saying £20 a time to people for this then i would not expect many to show, but im thinking cheap an cheerful where we can all get together have a laugh an abit of fun with drinks and food at some time and possibly arrange for some one or more to bring a BBQ or 2, other people to bring some food for it and people to bring their own drinks.

Hyundai i40
i seem to remember about 2 years ago maybe. the reps at the time tried to organise a bit meet somewhere, and loads of people were up for it, but it just fell on its head

Just a warning tho, keep it simple, if you make it camping then people pay for themselves etc.

you will get the scots complaining about it no matter where it is in england for a start

ITB BG 182
i seem to remember about 2 years ago maybe. the reps at the time tried to organise a bit meet somewhere, and loads of people were up for it, but it just fell on its head

Just a warning tho, keep it simple, if you make it camping then people pay for themselves etc.

you will get the scots complaining about it no matter where it is in england for a start
I know what ya mean though Sarah, just some thing simple and easy so people dont get moaning about the cost of it. It could just be an easy piss up laugh for people together.

None
I can't believe someone thought of taking this idea seriously, i was sure everyone would rip it to pieces :)
These were the idea's i thought of:

Football game..............the more that come the bigger the teams, possible rounders too for the girls/boys that don't like football :)

awards.......................every attendee gets a voting slip with several catagories....ie, best kept car, best/loudest sound system, lowest mileage for year of car, sweetest engine/exhaust sound.........the basic idea being it's silly things that everyone there can take part in(we're not talking maguires top 25 here ;) )

BBQ............a basic pre paid ticket for say £10 would cover the cost of this (if you can't afford a tenner you shouldn't own an RS clio :rasp: )

Mass photo shoot............with everyone there getting in on the picture, maybe all sitting/leaning on the bonnet (in a kind of red line magazine front cover sort of way)......plenty of photographers on here would jump at the chance to be an official photoghrapher for the day :).......also the picture could be used to advertise Cliosport in a sort of CS year book type way, everyone would want to get in on that picture ;)........and there would be lots of time and space to organise the cars into fancy arrangements.

Free Flumps at CS marquee.........just because ;)

Camping the night before..........for anyone not wishing to get up at 3am to drive there on the day :)

You get the idea anyway, if all these events were structured into the day then people wouldn't be getting bored by lunch time like at FCS

Also the event would need to realistically be near to access for the M1 as most people would be using that to get there, you wouldn't want to be leaving the motorway after travelling three hours only to have to do two more hours on dodgy back roads!

Anyway just a few idea's i had.........feel free to start pulling them apart :rasp:

Last edited:
  Clio 182ff
I can't believe someone thought of taking this idea seriously, i was sure everyone would rip it to pieces :)
These were the idea's i thought of:

Football game..............the more that come the bigger the teams, possible rounders too for the girls/boys that don't like football :)

awards.......................every attendee gets a voting slip with several catagories....ie, best kept car, best/loudest sound system, lowest mileage for year of car, sweetest engine/exhaust sound.........the basic idea being it's silly things that everyone there can take part in(we're not talking maguires top 25 here ;) )

BBQ............a basic pre paid ticket for say £10 would cover the cost of this (if you can't afford a tenner you shouldn't own an RS clio :rasp: )

Mass photo shoot............with everyone there getting in on the picture, maybe all sitting/leaning on the bonnet (in a kind of red line magazine front cover sort of way)......plenty of photographers on here would jump at the chance to be an official photoghrapher for the day :).......also the picture could be used to advertise Cliosport in a sort of CS year book type way, everyone would want to get in on that picture ;)........and there would be lots of time and space to organise the cars into fancy arrangements.

Free Flumps at CS marquee.........just because ;)

Camping the night before..........for anyone not wishing to get up at 3am to drive there on the day :)

You get the idea anyway, if all these events were structured into the day then people wouldn't be getting bored by lunch time like at FCS

Also the event would need to realistically be near to access for the M1 as most people would be using that to get there, you wouldn't want to be leaving the motorway after travelling three hours only to have to do two more hours on dodgy back roads!

Anyway just a few idea's i had.........feel free to start pulling them apart :rasp:

um this ^

SG9 Forester STi
That all sounds really cool Ste, love the idea of the voting slips for different things.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
As has been said, something like this what atempted by the area reps a couple of years ago. BUT, times change and there's more members now so potential for more uptake.

Let's see what happens, but try and keep things realistic.

None
As has been said, something like this what atempted by the area reps a couple of years ago. BUT, times change and there's more members now so potential for more uptake.

Let's see what happens, but try and keep things realistic.

I know what you mean Brian, my idea's are good in principal but i wouldn't know where to begin Organising a meet on that scale!

Yozz'd up 182
Haha oh the images that just came in my head would kill a nun.

The flailing of bodyparts hahaha.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
This would be a good idea as long as everyone did talk rather than shy away like most meets and events

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
If it does go ahead il be up for it but make sure who ever runs it is a friendly chatty person, hate meeting people who say two words then stand there or dont even bother chatting to you.

SG9 Forester STi
Another reason I like this is we'll get to have a proper chat to other members ... I hardly met anyone at FCS, everytime I was back at the car there was nobody there lol :eek: So would be good to meet a few more members.

Civic Type S GT
I'd of liked to talk to a few more people at FCS, think this idea should definatly be done though, it'll be great!