ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cliosport.net day! Opinions?

BMW 535d
After setting out on to a 310 mile round trip to the heritage motor museum at 7:15 this morning the weather got better and i knew the day was going to be good. stopping off at Cambridge services for a coffee in the morning we made it there in one piece 3 hours later. got there and saw everyone polishing their cars and getting all of the bugs off so i though, why not?, and went for a look around the other cars leaving all the bugs and s**te still on the front of the car. looked around, saw some stunning cars and chatted to some people and then went to the dreaded burger van where everything was £3.75 or above!! then we went and had another look around because more people arrived and set off home after getting some 'cliosport.net' stickers and some dents removed from the bootlid. on the way home went and had a look at silverstone and got a glimpse of the last session of the british superbike qualifying so that was a good finish to the day. set off from there and poodled home passing everything and seeing some idiots that shouldnt have been allowed a lisence. got a kfc on the way back too. when we got home we had averaged 39.4mpg crusing at about 80-90 at about 4200rmp so wasnt too bad. all in all a good day out but the burgers were a bit expensive. just thought i would get your opinions on the day and see if anything good or bad happened on your travels to the show.
jake

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Need to breath.

You do realise you got a free burger with entry?

Infact I got a free butty and a tea which were worth more than the ticket cost!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Hi Jake,

Food voucher was free so we didn't envisage the price of food being a problem.

Did you pay for a ticket?

Clio v6
I got a free burger and later on bought another, it was under a fiver and very tasty too. The boyracers did look a tad shocking, but they all managed not to cause a mass pile up on the roundabout. Great day it was.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I thought it was a great day, nice to see the Club gathering together.

The ticket price included a free burger and the food prices seemed much more reasonable than FCS so bit of a moot point IMO

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Was a great day, im burnt to a crisp too! :(

i was happy as a pig in sh1t! well done boys :D

Bus w**ker
I've not bothered to read the OP, because he can't be bothered to use a paragraph. So I'm going to assume that it was all praise and agree.

BMW 535d
did get a free burger with the ticket but i thought £4 was a little exspensive for anymore than just the one. I didnt go to FCS so didnt know about the prices there. Were they really expensive then? slightly burnt as well if im honest.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
did get a free burger with the ticket but i thought £4 was a little exspensive for anymore than just the one. I didnt go to FCS so didnt know about the prices there. Were they really expensive then? slightly burnt as well if im honest.

Every car shows the same mate, expensive. No other car shows include food free though!

Never above 25mpg
Goto Goodwood and buy a burger, you'll be complaining about the price then!!

Good job today. Couldn't have asked for better turnout/weather!!

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Bit red here too.

Meant to come find you again for a chat Donny, but failed spectacularly. Lol.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Bit red here too.

Meant to come find you again for a chat Donny, but failed spectacularly. Lol.

Don't worry at all mate...I was doing a few things, then the lads were disappearing off...so once I'd finished speaking to the 'Boss'...I set off, but didn't see you as I went round to say my farewells. :)

i went to total vauxhall instead, i like clio sports clearly but i didnt wanna sit in a field with just them :( Sorry.

too many shows this weekend to be honest there was a VeeDub one, Total Vauxhall, Clio and Awsome fest. Did see a few of you guys on the motorway gave respect but you wouldnt notice me in the Shuvit !

ITB'd MK1
I thought it was excellent. I'm just in from spending the evening at Tony's place with an superb crowd. Kind of wish I'd camped now

Hopefully this can develop into an even bigger event next year, maybe become a 2 dayer with camping and "show" combined, because I think events like this really make a club a proper community :)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Gutted I couldn't make it as I really want to put a few faces to the names... A full weekend with plenty of camping would be good.

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
I was impressed at the turnout and the variety of cars. The museum was very interesting. A lot of cars in there I'd never seen before. Lets hope the National gathering gets bigger next year. The trade stands were good. Maybe more will come and support it next time.

Now Sold :-(
I was impressed at the turnout and the variety of cars. The museum was very interesting. A lot of cars in there I'd never seen before. Lets hope the National gathering gets bigger next year. The trade stands were good. Maybe more will come and support it next time.

This was the only minor let down TBH. I expected a few more of the traders to be about tempting me into parting with my hard earned.
Those that did attend did a great job and offered some fantastic deals. I would however suggest ClioSpares invest in a stronger table for next year. :eek:

This was the only minor let down TBH. I expected a few more of the traders to be about tempting me into parting with my hard earned.
Those that did attend did a great job and offered some fantastic deals. I would however suggest ClioSpares invest in a stronger table for next year. :eek:

LOL, that was pretty funny TBF, they only cost a tenner but we put the weight in the middle like 'tards.

320d

I'm not being funny mate but you went to a car show not a burger show. Was the food really the number one priority for you?

I don't know how anyone could moan over a fiver?!

The burger was bloody free, if you wanted another one then so what. £10.00 all in for the day.

£5.00 wouldn't even get you all day parking elsewhere, certainly wouldn't get you a rodeo thing, Guitar Hero, personalised club bits and pieces etc etc etc

Couldn't go either :-(, was working.

Lol at complaining over an extra burger.
As above, you had free parking, 1 burger already free, and many other things.

£10 parking next year and 2 free burgers? Will you be pleased then ;-)?

And TBH, if you'd come to tent and admitted to being a massive fatty who needs to eat every 8mins I'd have given you my voucher.