ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*CLIOSPORT PLATES*

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)

I thought the plates had to have the postcode present, stating where the plates were issued and only the GB/SCO Euro symbol were allowed on the left hand side!

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)

You could use the top one but put the Cliosport bit in the middle on top of the postcode, that would still look cool!

Me and bubbles both have a set of these plates and cannot stress how kool they are !! You can literally have anything you like !! Tell scott and hell bang em up for a good price too !! Ill get some pics up of mine in the light tmrw for all to see !!

The Jinx

Quote: Originally posted by Paul_CTR on 29 January 2004

I thought the plates had to have the postcode present, stating where the plates were issued and only the GB/SCO Euro symbol were allowed on the left hand side!
None of mine have the postcode thing, and the euro thing was dropped as a result of protests from people who couldnt display their national flag.

Quote: Originally posted by mike8579 on 29 January 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Paul_CTR on 29 January 2004

None of mine have the postcode thing, and the euro thing was dropped as a result of protests from people who couldnt display their national flag.
http://www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/regmarks/reg_marks_current_requirements.htmwww.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/regmarks/reg_marks_current_requirements.htm

"<A name=before2001>NUMBER PLATES FITTED BEFORE 1 SEPTEMBER 2001
Number plates fitted before 1 September 2001 must display characters that meet the dimensions shown in one of the two........"

how can they prove wen u had thm fitted tho? :confused:

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

I want 2 sets of the last ones. 1 show/track day, 1 road.

The Jinx

The Government announced on 28 December 2001 the intention to permit the display of national flags and national identifiers on vehicle number plates. The Road Vehicles (Display of Registration Marks) Regulations 2001 are in the process of being amended. They will provide for the voluntary display of the Union flag, Scottish Saltire, Cross of St George and Red Dragon. Football team crests etc are not allowed.

There was no mention on there of postcodes.

What about one similar to the top one but the cliosport logo in colour. That cant be illegal can it?

Mk2 Golf GTI

I dont think you have to have post codes. i bought mine last month and it didnt have a post code, just the name of the shop where i got them made up. id be interested in a pair of the last ones. What fonts do you do?

Quote: Originally posted by mike8579 on 30 January 2004

(snip)
There was no mention on there of postcodes.
<A name=thebritishstandard>THE BRITISH STANDARD
The British Standard sets out the physical characteristics on the number plate. This includes:

Visibility
Strength
Reflectivity
The British Standard also requires that a number plate must be marked with the following information: -

The British Standard Number (currently BS AU 145d)
The name, trade mark, or other means of identification of the manufacturer or component supplier. (The company who actually make the number plate.)
The name and postcode of the supplying outlet. (The supplying outlet is taken to mean a company whose business consists wholly or partly of selling number plates.)
A non-reflective border and the Euro-symbol with the national identification letters are optional additions. **
There shall be no other markings or material contained on the number plate.
** As Mike said, this is to change so that county flags can be shown

The Jinx

Well there you go. Cant remember ever having a plate with a postcode on. Dealer plates generally just have the dealership name on and phone no if I recall.

Cant see the police pulling you for not having a postcode on. Unless they want to get you for something. Id imagine that the above are quite discreet and that with proper lettering you wont have trouble.

So sbmbailey could you do the top one but with cliosport in colour (the lines beneath it)? And for how much?

Quote: Originally posted by mike8579 on 30 January 2004

Cant see the police pulling you for not having a postcode on. Unless they want to get you for something. Id imagine that the above are quite discreet and that with proper lettering you wont have trouble.
I would imagine that you are correct. The pigs are going to have to have pretty good eyesight to be able to notice that the postcode is missing if the rest of the plate is legal. I think the new laws were to catch the people whose plates had blatently dodgy fonts/spacing and the people who manuctured them.

I like to know what laws I am breaking and what my punishment could be. In the case of number plates, it seems to me that the driver has the most to loose, more so if you have a personalised plate, especially if the supplier/manufacturer of the plate cannot be traced because they dont state the correct details.