ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clipped a Kerb - Alignment Needed!

Clio RS200 Cup
A less than perfect start to Xmas day, clipped a central island at about 40-50 trying to avoid some t**t that couldn't stay in his lane.

Sliver lining, the front tyres needed replacing anyway, the drivers side certainly does now. Plus my wheels have been crying out for a refurbishment for a while, so just another mark to be hidden.

The tracking is now badly out, hoping it's just an alignment it needs. Just for a heads up, what other parts could I have damaged and may need to replace?

I'm thinking track rod end, Euro have a deal on but I'm not sure which is the best to get, don't want to just go on price. I'm thinking the £39.99 ones are OEM? Any advice would be great. Going to have it looked at this week before buying anything but want to be as prepared as possible.

YqYuSBq.png

Clio RS200 Cup
Good 50% codes for ECP and GSF btw mate. Out of interest, where did it happen?
Cheers for that, I'll have a look there as well. Newgate Lane, just after MD's, guy pulled out from that left turn too wide, I reacted and just clipped the traffic light island :rage:

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Cheers for that, I'll have a look there as well. Newgate Lane, just after MD's, guy pulled out from that left turn too wide, I reacted and just clipped the traffic light island :rage:

No worries. Yeah it's a nightmare there since they've added lanes, noone has a clue where they're going!

monaco 172
Could be many bits bent/out of line and caused your tracking to be out.

Bottom ball joint to wishbone could have moved, strut position in hub could have moved.
I'd get the wheel off and check for any signs of bent parts before just getting a rod end.

Genuine rentault ends are only about 30 quid from renaultparts direct.

Clio RS200 Cup
No worries. Yeah it's a nightmare there since they've added lanes, noone has a clue where they're going!

I should have been more careful, people always merge too quickly there, I've had people straddle both lanes from MD's. Then give you the finger when you honk them!

Could be many bits bent/out of line and caused your tracking to be out.

Bottom ball joint to wishbone could have moved, strut position in hub could have moved.
I'd get the wheel off and check for any signs of bent parts before just getting a rod end.

Genuine rentault ends are only about 30 quid from renaultparts direct.

Thanks, I'm going to get it on the jack and have a look. I'm not hugely familiar with what I'm looking for, any easy checks to do?

RB Clio 182
Clipping a ketb at 40-50 is a decent whack, did it burst your tyre? What damage has the alloy got?

Ill guess its bent your tie rod at the least, id replace tie rod track rod end and bottom ball joint and get the allignment done and take it from there.

Other damage could be a bent wishbone or even worse subframe or chassis.

PH2 172
Clipping a ketb at 40-50 is a decent whack, did it burst your tyre? What damage has the alloy got?

Ill guess its bent your tie rod at the least, id replace tie rod track rod end and bottom ball joint and get the allignment done and take it from there.

You could add wheel bearing to that list.

Clio RS200 Cup

You could add wheel bearing to that list.

Ok, thanks for all that. I'm planing to have a load of work done later in the year once I've recovered from xmas so I'll add the bearings to that list and get the track rods on order.

Looking at the damage it does look more of a scuff than a direct hit, the car didn't jerk much when I hit it so fingers crossed none of the big items are effected. I jacked it up and there was no play in wheel, couldn't see anything bent.