ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clive the RSi

Mk1 Clio Rsi
Well people, as some of you may have seen
this is my clio rsi, nicknamed clive
20042008291.jpg

decided that while it was off road before its mot we decided to do a few odd jobs to him, first was a cambelt change, and full gasket change so to make things easier... the bonnet came off
IMG_0006.jpg

which made things 100x better, so up the car went to sid on axel stands
IMG_0005.jpg

off came the strut brace... which was a challenge in itself as the sus had to come off
IMG_0008.jpg

and then off came the rocker cover :D
IMG_0015.jpg

ahhhh 8v single cam power :D
off came the head
IMG_0016.jpg

everything went soooo easy, had the head skimmed, and cleaned up the block, which, suprisingly just cleaned up with a bit of elbow grease and a cloth
car was starting to look like it had been gutted :) lol bless it
IMG_0018.jpg

one the gaskets were done and the cambelt had been changed it was time to look at the underbody, was a bit tatty and messy, so we rubbed the whole lot down, and re-undersealed the WHOLE car :D looking boooootiful:D
IMG_0035.jpg

this took a few coats, and a few days, so afterwords, we thought a break upgrade was in order :)
, the old ones (standard rsi brakes) just wernt looking the part...
IMG_0037.jpg

looked old, tatty and the whole arch just looked a mess... so decided to sort this out... but uh oh... problem...
has anyone tried to take a track rod end out of a 14/15 year old car?? trust me... it wasnt at all easy, after alot of hammering... heating... cutting... more hammering... we managed to do it :D
IMG_0032.jpg

both sides were a pain, but the drivers side was just stupid... took around 2 days of messing about to get the track rod ends off :(
once everything was off, we undersealed all the arches of the car, just to protect them, and make them look nice :D
IMG_0033.jpg

ooooooh goody, now to the new brakes :D YUMMMY!
IMG_0052.jpg

before these were put on, we decided we may aswell change the bearings... and holy christ!!! what a ball ache these were, to get the bearings out... we tried tapping them out with a hammer... this didnt work... so we tried hitting them out with a lump hammer... this didnt work either.... Mmmm wondered for a bit, and decided to take the hubs to my mates work to use his 5tonne hand press :D... but the smile soon turned to :(
even with the 5 tonne press... the bearings would not budge, it pretty much just started to flex the hub :O so we stopped!! god damnit... time to use the big gun... the grinder, been careful we finally managed to get the bearing out, thank f**K!!!! okay, new bearings in :D piece of piss :D put hubs in the oven on high heat for 20 minutes, took them out... new bearings just dropped straight in :D ohh joy
once that was done we painted up EVERYTHING that was in the arch, including,
lower arm, anti roll bar, hub, caliper and carriers (will get a picture of these soon)
the new pressies also arrived, 3 boxes of power flex poly bushes :D woop
all poly bushes were fitted in about 30 minutes, quite easy tbf :) (get pictures soon)
okay all that done, everything was re-assembled :) and if i do say so myself... it maks the arches look a HELL of alot better :)
IMG_0053.jpg

for friday... Decat pipe to be made and put on and then all manifold and sensors to be connected back up all ready for its MOT next week :D, cant wait to get her back on the road :D
comments welcome
-Smilfy-

106 GTI
Seems like a good session on general servicing was needed, car will feel like new now lol

clio 172
looks good, only thing depends on howfriendly your mot guy is your car might fail on the de-cat! i had to have one fitted to get mine though an mot