ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clunking

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

anyone else get a clunk and slip on the steering when on full lock in reverse?.....:cry: or is it just MY car thats fooked ?? :eek:

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

both....i think ....but notice it more on left lock as thats the way i reverse off the drive.................

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

Quote: Originally posted by CocoPops on 14 February 2005

Its normal (well for the 172/182 anyway)

oh good ! (i think)............was hoping i didnt have to take it in to the garage for them to scratch it......

thanks cocopops !:D

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

Quote: Originally posted by CMRsi on 14 February 2005

yep, i get this. think its worse on smooth surfaces like concrete in car parks etc.

yay more people with the same thing......feeling beter now..............so what is it anyone know ????

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

I think its just the combination of camber/tracking/wider tyres that causes it to scrabble/knock on full lock.

Ziel Nurburgring

Mine does something similar. But it only does it once after start up, when reversing or moving forward with lock and then doesnt do it again. Weird french shopping trolleys

Could be ABS self checking system. Mentioned recently by someone , somewhere on here, recently...

Sorry for being vague.

Rich

Mine clunks on full right lock if I go over a bump (like the drain cover on my drive). Doesnt do it on left lock tho. Its always done it. I was a bit worried at 1st but think its a clio feature now.

VW Potato

im getting a slight clunk now when pulling away from rest. Theres no pattern as to when it happens - it doesnt always happen. I still havent ruled out that its just some junk in the boot or in the glovebox, but i have a sinking feeling it wont be...

g

Ultra Red Megane R26

Im getting a clunk when I turn my steering wheel to full lock. Does anyone know what it is?

Mine does the same when I reverse off my drive full left lock each morning. Only does it when cold though, quite bizzare.

I used to get a clunking noise on full lock - turned out to be a problem with the suspension mounting. The dealer said it was a known problem. Got it fixed under warranty. They said something about the mounting being a circular shape and that it needed to be modified into an oval shape (?)

Getting the same clunking noise from the back now. Happens when I slow down without breaking - Probably the same thing wrong

Honda S2000

Same problem on my Cup. Suspension mount needed to be widened. Got it covered on warranty but then they tried to claim the problem wasnt covered.

130i, 306 hdi, vrs

i get a sort of double knock audible and felt through the well when taking sharp left hand turns shocks and bushes changed still doing it cv joint next apparently still under warranty anyone really know?

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

i get this quite badly as well, especially when on full lock and coming off brake on a hill and reversing back the way, tried to get it fixed and they said it was a quirk

Ultra Red Megane R26

Took mine to Renault yesterday, had a Road Test Engineer take a test drive with me and showed him the fault(s). Got it booked in next month for 2 days. Hope they dont scratch it!

ClioSport 182

Quote: Originally posted by CMRsi on 14 February 2005

yep, i get this. think its worse on smooth surfaces like concrete in car parks etc.
Yep, I get this every evening after work when reversing into my underground parking space which is a smooth concrete floor. Very annoying. This is on my list of items to be checked on the first service.

Let us know if you get anywhere!

KnightAzul

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

Quote: Originally posted by mxfuk on 22 February 2005

Took mine to Renault yesterday, had a Road Test Engineer take a test drive with me and showed him the fault(s). Got it booked in next month for 2 days. Hope they dont scratch it!

my reason for just living with it know i know its quite common......renault always f**k something up when i take my car there !