ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch Adjustment Problem... HELP!

Clio Phase II 16V

I fitted a new clutch cable last Sunday and ever since ive had problems getting the car into gear sometimes ive had to stop the engine and put it into gear then restart the car.

Ive done a search on the site and read up on other peoples experiences, from this i tried the method where you remove the little green grommit and let the peddle adjust (you hear loads of clicking), this is fine until i put the gromit back in, the peddle goes slack and it sounds as if it has released the tension that was taken up.

My initial thoughts are that the cable is too long? as it is a patent part (dont usually buy these for this reason), secondly ive felt the toothed section and it feels like it has sufficient lubricant on it.

Your advice would be appreciated, as it stands ive taken the grommit out to get the car around but the peddle is so high, im sure this is not the best solution.

Thanks

Tony

B

Bennyboy

id double check that youve got the right cable for a valver. when i changed mine the monkeys in the shop gave me the wrong one to start with and it was too long.

some thing sounds well wrong there !

mine went last year and i replaced it myself, its fine

as above i would check you got the right one.

Clio Phase II 16V

Thanks for the feed back,

Youve confirmed my thoughts exactly, cable too long. No its not a genuine renault part as i needed the car that night. but was on the verge of ordering one just wanted to check with others that may have simular experience.