ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CNC thread

Krarl

ClioSport Club Member
I couldn't ask for it to be FOC, that's too kind of an offer mate

I'd be more than happy if you could turn me 4 of them out of something capable of mounting brake calipers 🤣

If you're stuck Kyle I'll have a look in work on Monday to see what sheet metals we have ( not a great deal) I could water jet them out then 🙂

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
dont have a lathe, but could easily do some on the cnc mill if you get stuck.

jut wont be as accurate as a lathe

Flat Eric

Sing Hosanna!!
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na

I'd be more than happy if you could turn me 4 of them out of something capable of mounting brake calipers 🤣

I literally spent the other week in college turning s**t on the lathes. I'd have done these for you no bother as well. Instead I was making trolley coins 🤣🤣

Flat Eric

Sing Hosanna!!
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Also not 100% relatable but still sort of related to this thread.

Made a 2x4 lego brick on the milling machine a few weeks ago.

Really enjoyed it.
Should've done it with Ally though as it took forever milling the steel
20240812_160859.jpg
20240813_095022.jpg
20240814_083840.jpg
20240814_114725.jpg
20240814_121231.jpg
20240814_160634.jpg
20240819_080610.jpg
20240819_080616.jpg

donnylad

ClioSport Club Member

These should work? Made in ally, 30od 12id 6mm thick about .1 tolerance, they’re not perfect but I don’t normally work with ally and can’t use the magnetic table to grind them up.
You can collect them from Rotherham or Penistone or I can post em for you pal.

IMG_0172.jpeg

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182

Flat Eric

Sing Hosanna!!
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Looks ace but why?

We had free reign on the milling machines for a week at college. Never worked on one before.
I like lego and thought I'd make a brick. Had to scale it up from the drawing so the tools would fit around the studs

Was a good little project though for a few days work

Krarl

ClioSport Club Member
I'd just like to say a massive thankyou to @Paulie031 and @donnylad. I owe you both!

Apologies if you didn't want me posting in here showing your workmanship🤣

I got the spacers last week and gave them all a measure up with my cheapie verniers and matched them up into the best possible pairs. To give a bit of background as I was quite vague beforehand, they're a caliper spacer which needed to have a larger OD just to spread the load a bit better

Tested them all at the end of last week and confirmed they're all spot on. I still need to test them with some spacers bolted to the disc to make sure there's zero runout in the disc and it's bolted to the spare hub nice and tight, measured everything up with the feeler gauges

I'll give some more feedback after tomorrow, I'm gonna test them again after work

20240912_172132.jpg

Beauvais Motorsport

ClioSport Club Member
I'd just like to say a massive thankyou to @Paulie031 and @donnylad. I owe you both!

Apologies if you didn't want me posting in here showing your workmanship🤣

I got the spacers last week and gave them all a measure up with my cheapie verniers and matched them up into the best possible pairs. To give a bit of background as I was quite vague beforehand, they're a caliper spacer which needed to have a larger OD just to spread the load a bit better

Tested them all at the end of last week and confirmed they're all spot on. I still need to test them with some spacers bolted to the disc to make sure there's zero runout in the disc and it's bolted to the spare hub nice and tight, measured everything up with the feeler gauges

I'll give some more feedback after tomorrow, I'm gonna test them again after work

View attachment 1711694View attachment 1711695

Curious what the clearances mean?