ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coco - Camo Ph1 soon to be ITB & Cammed

Ph1 172 (titanium)
Yea no problem at all fella! I'm on ktec coils at the moment. Set fairly low. It's always been fairly Crashy. Also one shock has seized up. Hence the change!

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Re: Coco the french 5lut

Really, they are rather cheap so I guess that accounts for the problems.
i am hoping that spending that bit more and having 4 coilovers will be better as handling is a must in my eyes

Are you going to get it corner weighed and a 4 wheel alignment??

Ph1 172 (titanium)
Are you going to get it corner weighed and a 4 wheel alignment??

In a month or so I will be doing a full front refresh with cups wishbones etc etc.
So once that is done I will perhaps looks in to a proper proper set up.

Definitely right though. Handling is an absolute must with these cars.
It's why they're so much fun :D

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172

Its been a while so thought it was worth an up date

Fitted my anti roll bar and half cage

IMG_4716_zpscaa7659d.jpg

IMG_4720_zps903e19c5.jpg

30mm spacers on the front
Before
IMG_4723_zpsa029ea7e.jpg

After
IMG_4722_zpsa892420c.jpg

Got my private plate on her but only had double sided tape for the rear

AFBA8386-E562-4F3F-80A1-AED8CD562AAF-1818-00000212BA442FD1_zpscb4c8f6b.jpg

And went for a drive to croft and darlington as its just round the corner

IMG_4746_zps68111739.jpg

IMG_4752_zps008ebb06.jpg

IMG_4753_zpsb37e0d60.jpg

IMG_4756_zps1563c388.jpg

Nighty night

IMG_4785_zps79bedff3.jpg

Plans are to get my order placed for some Spax RSX coilovers, Pure motor sport top mounts and brace then and 182 manifold onto a pea shooter type exhaust.

haters14.jpg

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172

Its been a while so i thought i would update my thread

-20mm's rear spacers, sits lovely now (30mm's on the front)

null_zpsc44eb314.jpg

null_zpsd6df3b2b.jpg

-Fitted my 182 manifold, poly bushed dogbone and decat and also got a friend of mine to fabricate a centre section and back box Pea shooter style and i love it

null_zps53bd753d.jpg

null_zps7cbca790.jpg

null_zps2c0f81df.jpg

null_zpsa2677996.jpg

null_zps98f2163b.jpg

I love the look of ph1's however fancied a different set of wheels, had some Borbet A's but they need adaptors to fit.

null_zps776cb52b.jpg

However managed to source some of these complete with original centre caps :D

null_zps6df476c5.jpg

Got some lovely bolts too and locking b*****d's

null_zps06faca66.jpg

null_zps55415285.jpg

Started a new job this week, got a puncture and replaced my lower ball joints.

null_zpsf9905f5f.jpg

null_zps54c20516.jpg

I have just been sorting out the cars handling and have order a brand new set of 172 cup dampers and camber bolts to go with the turbines can not wait to get them fitted tommorrow, I dont fancy coilovers as the roads around my neck of the woods are terrible and have ready really good reviews on fitted cup dampers with lowering springs.

null_zps896279af.jpg

Oh and as the car is still standard power wise, bar the exhaust and manifold i thought i best start getting her how i want it for summer as it is my daily driver still. Need to remove the A/C, get a set of solid engine & gearbox mounts and pure motorsport top mounts and strut brace package then can fit the bodies and get the map adjusted at RS tuning in leeds.

null_zps47c4090e.jpg

null_zps503116ad.jpg

Very excited. Hope you all like her, i am sticking with the OEM look as some of the reactions i have had playing with other much more expensive and powerful cars is just priceless.

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172

Yeah man a lucky escape, went to the scarborough cruise on saturday and my mate has just got an ep3, and i was all over it, changed from 30mm spacers on the front (60mm total) to 25mm spacers (50mm total) as the turbines rubbed under full lock but the F1's did not and the car feels so so so much better.

Just fitted some brand new set of clio cup dampers and am just waiting to go collect some cooksport springs so i can fit my camber bolts and pure motor sport top mounts & strut brace package, so i can get the camber bolts in and get her sat perfect after a wheel alignment. Also might be getting some 4 pot wilwoods brakes that fit under 15inch wheels, then its get the A/C out and fit the throttle bodies and get the map adjusted at RS tunning.

Here are just a couple of photos with the turbine fitted.

1010457_10151571969363853_73801660_n_zps3355adf6.jpg

Without centre caps

1044614_10151574023418853_1706176464_n_zps2a74f3ed.jpg

​With centre caps

What plans do you have for yours??
I will be selling my eibach springs which are not the lowering ones but are awesome for handling and also my spacers if you are interested??

JFS

182 cup & 172 ph1

Passed your car near roseberry topping last week mate. Looked great and your plans for it sound great too.

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172

Cheers guys, just keeping it looking OEM however with some nice chosen goodies under the bonnet, had a blast with an asbo orange Focus ST and gave him a good run for his money on the way to work as i slept in :eek:.
Just put a deposit down on these beauties to, just a shame that you cant see them due to the turbines.

7de4d5c276223f4a02b1986da1a34068_zps69b6d9f2.jpg

43d49695bce8b6a9683e4187436366a5_zps3881a2d0.jpg

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172

I know the centre caps are a must however i just bought a full set of TPI locking wheel nuts and bolts and wanted to show them off however there is no point now with the centre caps on.

At the moment I'm wanting to polybush the front end and get some coilovers, looking at either Gaz or AP. Had AP's on my old Ibiza FR and couldn't fault them for the 70k they were on the car. Want to change the exhaust system too, been looking at a piper full system but it's all about having the money. Keep looking at holidays lol

You off to Trax?

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172

I am not off to trax mate. Want to get my car sorted first and in the process of helping a mate build a front wheel drive Sunny GTI with a pulsar engine.
Need to meet some other clio owners tho, had to convoy up to the scarborough cruise with all my Jap friends. Whats your full name mate did you go to northallerton college or Alltertonshire?

Why front wheel drive? Surely a rear wheel drive conversion would have been better? Well can meet up when I'm back in town if you want? My name is Simon Blades, went to both, think I'm a couple of years older than you (23/24)

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172

He has already had 3 pulsar's, was the first to make a Nissan VVL engine in the uk (Nissan equivilant of Vtec) has just sold his rear wheel drive kit car and fancies some front wheel drive Boost. He was then talking about transplanting it all into a micra when he gets board and keep it looking proper OEM bar a huge front mount.
The name does ring a bell mate and it is all about the money, strangely i have purchased things when i wasnt even planning on buying bits like the ITB's and the 4 Pots buts thats the best way i think, as i love doing and changing the clio every couple of weeks.

Ahh sounds good then, didn't realise Nissan did anything like that. I've bought quite a lot for mine already, getting my cup spoiler sprayed this week along with the door bullets. Were the ITB's expensive or were you lucky enough to grab a decent deal? How long have you had the Clio now?

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172

I got the bodies off a mate of mine who had them fitted to his Ph1 however wants to charge it now so i got them nice and cheap, just need to get the ECU unlocked at RS tunning in leeds then we are laughing. Could take you for a spin if ya fancy when they are fitted.
Had the Clio since August last year however lost my licence due to medical reasons and wasnt able to drive till the 21st December so just got her running mechanically sound but they are loads of fun.

BG 182FF

cant wait to see this on the cooksports, not usually a fan of turbines but they suit so much more than f1's

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172

Exactly man it's going to look lovely need to see my next pay check so I can see if I can have her how I want her before I fit the ITB's, if anyone knows of any solid engine and gearbox mounts please pm me or I will just have to purchase some from ktec

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172

Well not posted on here for a while so thought i would give you all an update

She passed her MOT today, she just needs a new set of rear pads which i was expecting so she has done me proud, taxed her for another 12 months.

Haven't done anything major to her lately, just changed the bulbs on the front, new wipers and an oil, filter change. The girlfriend got me a monkey for the cage from flamingo land so i now have company in the car.

PC_20131116_124530_hdr_zps6d13d7ee.jpg

Got a second hand black ktec induction kit from a gentlemen on the forum, sounds really good and when it hits 5000rpm its has a slight sound of a vtec like cross over, decided to not fit the ITB's and go down the cam route for the moment as i want a Gen90 ecu to get the full potential out of them as if i used the standard ecu i would not get the most out of the set up.

PC_20131116_124623_hdr_zps496b306c.jpg

I have not posted pictures of the Camo in the project thread but having been adding little bits here and there, finished the roof off and added more to the boot, all in all it looks different and i am slightly regretting doing it as i loved the look when it was OEM silver but i will keep it on as hopefully when i get back from holiday to South Africa for a Month a week tomorrow it will have snowed and i can get a good shoot in some snow drifts so the camo will look right at home i hope. Next year i will be removing the AC, sourcing some cams, New ARP Rod bolts, dephaser, belts, Engine/ Gbox uprated mounts and PMS top mount and strut brace kit also very tempted buy the uprated gear linkage set up they offer but will have to see how the cash monies are nearer the time.

PC_20131116_124609_hdr_zps527cf61e.jpg

PC_20131116_120336_hdr_zps575b0fa2.jpg

PC_20131116_120422_hdr_zpsf6f3f6da.jpg

Hope some people like the look of it.