ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coil pack and leads.

Clio sport 182
Ive got a missfire on my clio 182 FF.
ive weedled this down to the coil pack.
So am gunna change the pack and the leads while am there.
Been looking on ebay at a coil pack that has been taken off a 172, will this differ at all as im under the impression that most of the clios tuning is electricaly done.

Also can you get uprated leads and is there any difference??

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
The coilpack is the same, yes you can get upgraded leads but im unsure what exactly they would bring apart from a slightly bigger spark, which tbh is probably not worth the extra money. FYI alot of people including me have had issues with blocked injectors causing misfires just encase it doesn't turn out to be the coilpack!

Clio sport 182
Perfect thank you for that, thats made my mind up for the leads, just going to stay standard, as theres a massive difference in price.
The main reason ive singled the coil pack out is when i went to investigate i put my hand near the pack and boom hahha got a reet shock, so not learning from the first time i kept trying and i was getting a shock from the bottom left coil port.
But now you have said that i will also clean the injectors too.
Did you also an injector cleaner solution, and which one. I tried to hot sh*t orange one and still miss fired.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Mine was the coilpack on the way out of friggin Germany! Just out of pure luck I'd packed a 2nd hand spare coilpack in the boot so pulled over on the motorway to swap it over and has sorted it.

It was spluttering if you let off the accelerator but seemed to be ok if you floored it. But as I said I didn't run it like that for long and changed it while it was still light.

Clio sport 182
Yeah mine started goin spluttery when cold and pops slightly on gear change until warm then is completely fine when on the gas.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I bought a set of second hand lower mileage injectors and swapped over the rail. Imo the best way to check is to pull the plugs off the injectors one at a time to find the faulty one turning the engine off between each of course :p, this is assuming you know its one of them. Im sure there are better ways to check but this worked for me after I had replaced the coilpack and leads!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Plugs as in the plastic plugs going into each injector, easy to get to with the fuel rail guard off.