ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilover Help Needed Urgently

2002 1.2 16V
I went to fit my new vmaxx coilovers last night and I couldnt work out what part of the standard suspension I needed to swap over.

Do I need the whole top mount (ie the rubber bit that fits under the mount and then the top mount itself or do i just need the top mount itself or do I not need any of it.

There is a pic of the unit if maybe someone could point out what I needed it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Chris

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
You need the top mount off your standard front shocks, the bit thats made from hard rubber and should spin :) Just undo the 17mm top nut and change it over to your new coils.

2002 1.2 16V
So its just the top mount and then the blue top bit of the shock up to it from the underside then?

Theres the pic.
DSC00056-1.gif

2002 1.2 16V
Yea well with using the top mount i didnt think i would need it.

Thanks for the quick advice. (also how hard is it to set the camber on them?)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Yea well with using the top mount i didnt think i would need it.

Thanks for the quick advice. (also how hard is it to set the camber on them?)

Its easy to set, I just found it a pain on mine to get both sides setup the same :( Had the wheels off lots of times. I can just fit my little finger behind the top of my wheel and coil, grips like f**k but bound to distroy my tyre wear, but I will see :)

2002 1.2 16V
Oh rite suppose i will have to coount the turns on the threads carefully. lol.

Thanks again for the help.

for camber setup just make sure you are with two persons loosen the two bolts adjust till -0.5 hold the top bold and fasten th lower one....on the other side do the same.

Make sure when driving and accelerating out of corners HOLD your steering wheel because it goed all the way !!!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Make sure when driving and accelerating out of corners HOLD your steering wheel because it goed all the way !!!

Ive noticed this! Mine also pulls to the right slightly now as I think im running slightly more camper on that side :( Already adjusted them 4 times so leaving it how it is for the time being.

Ive noticed this! Mine also pulls to the right slightly now as I think im running slightly more camper on that side :( Already adjusted them 4 times so leaving it how it is for the time being.

Mine is set on -0.48 BOTH sides but in my opinion it is because of rills in the road (is this English ?) and the car adjust to that. But the ride is SWEET

By the by what is the car height of youse over there...mine is (measured form the floor till the wheelarch) Back 58.5 cm (23.03") front 58 cm (22.83")

cheers

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Im not sure how to get a measurement of the camber? Ill get a the height measured later

the measurement of the camber can only be done on the alignment machine (which you do not have in your garage hihi lol)

Don't forget to tell me your wheeldimensions both front and back because this influence the ride height. Mine is back 215/40/16 front 205/45/16

2002 1.2 16V
Just to confirm then all I need to use is the top mount below onto the shock?

Just dont want to do this and it not be right (therefore not safe)

Pic of top mount
DSC00059-1.gif

Top mount and shock together like so?
DSC00060-1.gif

Cheers
Chris

Charged Superleggera
no you need the rubber mount below that along with the top hat and thin nut. then its the top cap that you have got on atm. also wind collars all teh way down before you fit as it will compress the spring for you.