ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilover leaking :(

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Took my wheels off today and noticed one of my front shocks was abit wet.. :( So took her for a drive with the windows down and under average speed + bumps my leaking shock is making a hissing sound, to me I would assume its doing that coz it cant piss out anymore oil and there is only air to push out? Im gunna get another set of coilovers on order this week but for the time being will this be ok to drive? I havnt even noticed it tbh, I assume this is because they are set quite stiff anyway.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Gaz Gold's, will be selling the front struts for cheap once I get some replacements. The other side is fine and this one just needs a recon. God damn!! :(

clio 182 + cup packs
can you not get it re valved and sealed buy gaz if there not that old but out of warrnaty try get em to do it half prise as a good will jobbie

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
can you not get it re valved and sealed buy gaz if there not that old but out of warrnaty try get em to do it half prise as a good will jobbie

I dont have any other shocks to use in the mean time, otherwise I would have done this :(

Ill be selling both the front coils once I have my new ones if anyone wants to get this done, rears are past their best so can either go free with the fronts if collected or ill bin them.

Gaz quality at it's best.

These are decent coils, just used on a track car before mine, they are £800 new!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
cant u go to a scrappys get 2 standard struts... for now, get em sorted and put back on?

Already ordered the replacements now, plus that would put my car at an interesting angle for a few weeks unless I got standard rears as well :D