ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilover options 182 cup HELP!!!

197 cam'd ph2 berg
Have recently purchased a 182 which at the time of sale was told was a cup but was a bit unsure if it was given the price and previous owners knowledge...(or lack of should I say!)

Have recently measured the front strut bolt spacing and it is 60mm which has left me a bit stumped as to which coilovers will fit? I.e what brands do a coilover in 60mm spacing? And also what would be the best option for light track use?

Thanks

Range Rover Sport
For light track use I would go for v-maxx or gaz. No point forking out loads of £££'s

Awful advise...

Tyres / Brakes / Suspension ideally needs to be the best you can afford for any type of fast road / track driving.

KW / H&R / Bilstein I'd tend to suggest to people, under £1000 and would be ideal for fast road / performance driving. If your budget is only £500 I'd suggest either saving for a premium brand or focus on other areas.

197 cam'd ph2 berg
Awful advise...

Tyres / Brakes / Suspension ideally needs to be the best you can afford for any type of fast road / track driving.

KW / H&R / Bilstein I'd tend to suggest to people, under £1000 and would be ideal for fast road / performance driving. If your budget is only £500 I'd suggest either saving for a premium brand or focus on other areas.

Unfortunately I dont have KW / H&R / Bilstein kind of money to spend otherwise I would, but surely a £500 set of coilovers will hold out better on the odd track day here and there than a set of standard shocks and springs on a stripped out car?

Range Rover Sport
Unfortunately I dont have KW / H&R / Bilstein kind of money to spend otherwise I would, but surely a £500 set of coilovers will hold out better on the odd track day here and there than a set of standard shocks and springs on a stripped out car?

I guess it's debatable, I've used cheaper coilovers and for the money there OK however after 8-12 months they tend to be ready for the skip ( my experience ). Only because the car feels 'stiff' doesn't mean you'll decrease your lap times from a good OEM set up.

If that's all you can afford by all means try them out, most would state they are better but I'm just not a fan, hence why I'd always spend as much as I can on suspension, brakes and tyres.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
You'd be better off with eibach/Cooksport springs on oe dampers over a cheap set of coilovers. This type of cars strong point is its handling. Don't ruin it with cheap tat. All imo of course, but buy cheap, but twice.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Awful advise...

I wouldent say its bad advice. Them coilovers & good tyres would be fine on track. Spending £800 on Bilsteins which knock anyway is a waste H&R are basically bilsteins and KW are way to much money for the occasional trackday.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Awful advise...

AST for 1k. :D

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
BC racing coilovers are really good, Mick sells them, I just put some on my MX5 handling is great and they are pretty cheap

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Simply if you can't spend a few ££ to get a good brand, then just buy genuine cup dampers and cooksport springs along with a suspension refresh.