ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilovers - confused which bolt spacing you have?

172 cup
Now if your like me very confused to what bolt spacing you have then i guess this table will help...
Decided to do some research and put a little table together for people that dont know.
(yes i know you can go out and measure it yourself)

untitled.jpg

if iv made a error please do tell im no guru!

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 138

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I don't think so, the 1.2 8v (missing from the list) has a different spacing to the 1.2 16v but i am fairly sure all the 1.2 16v's are the same bolt spacing.

172/1.2/E30
I don't think so, the 1.2 8v (missing from the list) has a different spacing to the 1.2 16v but i am fairly sure all the 1.2 16v's are the same bolt spacing.

Don't think so. Early (ph1) 1.2 16v's have the 52mm bolt spacing afaik. But you might be right with the 1.2 8v always having the small hubs.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Ah you may be right about that, but the ph1 1.2 16v was an odd car imo. Do you know what the bolt spacing from the 1.2 8v is?

Dodgy one
the trophy and 182 cup hubs are wider too IIRC! Not sure on the measurement its only a couple of mm difference

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
im sure someone found a 1.2 16v that had never had any work done on it that had 52mm spacing! but ive personally never saw one, all the mk2 ph2/3 1.2 16v's ive ever worked on were 58mm

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
i think the general idea is that renault had a lot of 52mm hub/shock assembly left over after they stopped making them and just mixed them into the production line. so random 1.2 16v's may have 52mm hubs for no real reason!!

but it might be worth noting that 52mm hubs and 58mm hubs are completely inter changable (other than the shocks of course) so having 52mm hubs just means you have to fork out an extra £30 if you want to upgrade to cheap coilovers!! lol