ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilovers/Lowering spring ponderings

Went to a garage today to get a quote on fitting some lowering springs.. for those interested I was quoted £120.. Don't know if thats expensive or cheap..
SO anyway.. the guy at the garage said that I should also get some new shock absorbers too but I don't particularly want to get coilovers as I want to drop it 45mm so its still useable as where I live there are countless pot holes and s***ty county lanes.

Anyone care to shed any light on this for me please?

Help would be GREATLY appreciated

he suggested new shocks as once you put lowering/different springs on the car it may (f**k yo' shocks up).. he wasnt suggesting coils as such. The shocks just wernt made with the different spring compression in mind.

if you understand that? i cant explain very well

also when i got my springs fitted it was £100, and when i got my coilyss fitted it was around £180..

he suggested new shocks as once you put lowering/different springs on the car it may (f**k yo' shocks up).. he wasnt suggesting coils as such. The shocks just wernt made with the different spring compression in mind.

if you understand that? i cant explain very well

also when i got my springs fitted it was £100, and when i got my coilyss fitted it was around £180..

Yeah I get you but what shocks should I go for then?

any of these good for what I want?

http://www.eurocarparts.com/mobile/shock-absorber