ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

coilovers

Mk4 .:R32
i have finally saved up enough money to treat myself to a set. but one of my mates said that when he had his the Islands roads (Isle Of Wight=bad roads) mullered the suspension??
is this true? becuase we have bad roads they are not likely to give up on me or is he just bieng an idiot lol

sorry dont know much about coilovers...

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Most Coilovers are a Pretty Firm Ride BUT I've not heard of them getting damaged from a rough road, aslong as your not banging them into Giant Potholes I would have though you would be fine

thanks mate. its not the ride that iam worried about. just that i dont want to fork out for them and find that they will just get damaged. i live up a country lane aswelol so iam not really helping things.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I've just fitted Coilovers and the roads around me are not good at all, Its bumpy but not unbeable, Would springs not be a better buy if you only have a dynamique or you wanting to go real low?

williams 2
weight up the pros and cons for them. They are good but not when your bouncing down bumpy lanes as it can break your spine lol. Prob a spring/shock combo will be better suited for you!

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
My h&rs hit a couple of pot holes in their time with a significant amount of pace. They were fine, just dont make a habit out of it.

yeh i have thought of a 60mm spring shock combo but i dont like how the back sits low and the front doesnt it looks kind of odd? i know i only have a dynamique but i think coilies will set the car off perfectly. plus i like the fact that they are adjustable. as iam only looking to go 50 mm and i cant find any other suspension that lowers 50mm

anyone have any ideas?

williams 2
My h&rs hit a couple of pot holes in their time with a significant amount of pace. They were fine, just dont make a habit out of it.

quite true, my gf always hits holes and ours are still straight! they are tough things and tbh if you hit them enough to break then the standard stuff will too!

Clio MK 4
i had cheap fk's on my last car and had them on for 2 years lowered 60mm all round. I hit potholes bumps a bit quick at times and sounded/felt awfull but they never broke. They were tough!!!

quite true, my gf always hits holes and ours are still straight! they are tough things and tbh if you hit them enough to break then the standard stuff will too!
Mark, have you heard anything about the new AST coilovers yet as Andy was telling me you lot were testing a new kit out, which are even better than the kit on the demo??

Mk2 1.2 Campus
Make sureyou don't set the damping too hard neither as this should only be reserved for hard driving on smooth surfaces

my springs are 50mm you can have them when i sell them although tghey are very stiff

oh ok mate what make are they? and will i need shocks for a 50mm drop? how much do you want for them?

so if i get coilovers i can adjust the damping as well as ride height? or does a professional have to do this

ex-H&R'd Cup
I've got a clio cup with h&r's and i live on the island. Its pretty damn bumpy as its pretty low.

The only problem i have have is putting the power down as it seems to bounce along the rough roads.

It should be ok on a dynamique though.

ok cheers. yeh i have only got -30mm springs at the mo and thats an ok. i just need to go lower.
put a pic up of your cup mate, not sure if i have seen it or not?

fiesta 1.25
They are cobra springs.I got told that 50mm or 60mm springs you should really use new shocks but mine have been fine just means they will probably wear quicker but ive had mine for nearly a year with no problems.i think i paid about £120 for the springs so will be looking for around £70 but i need to find coilovers first!

M2 Competition
The question isnt whether or not you'll break the coilovers.

If where you live has rough roads, why on earth do you want them in the first place?

"Navy" N17 TWO
I have a set of Coilovers for sale.

First dibs for palmer 69r as promised on his other thread :)