ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

coilovers

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3

wanting coilovers for my dci clio

any non 172/182 coilovers will fit

which ones should i go for and which ones are best value for money?

h&r? FK? SPAX? wot?

thanks

Id go with Fks personally.

However if you cannot drop that far Blistein dampers and a good spring (eisbeck but linier ones not the progressive ones) would be a superb combination.

I had SPAX but I wanted to go lower than the kit would let you.

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3

No one ever bother adjusting Coilovers for road/show use its to much effort.

Anyway a 60mm droip likly to be about 40mm and the fact is the harder springs will mean the front wont bounch around as much so you wont hit anything. I had mine down a 60 claimed on coilovers (which is lower than 60 on sprtings etc) and on stock tyres I never caugh anything regardless of speed I hit speed bumps at. To giove you an idea you could just get my nobia phone under the front splitter.

FKs are about £500 I think and if you live down south theres a place which fits them for free I think.#I cannot get ither of the above links to work but Eisbeck are a good company but Id always go for coilovers for maxmim lowering.

There a few people with Fks and they all like them.

Arctic Blue Clio 182

My cars lowered 60mm at the moment on 18s so wouldnt want it any higher than 60mm and sits just rite.

The Fks r £480 all in. My car has a bodykit on it that why i need to adjust it for the likes of MOT instead of changin the bumper. Also the car should handle alot better and wouldnt be as bouncy id hope.

Quote: Originally posted by Boydie on 28 August 2005

are the FK coilovers from KTEC rear adjustable???
Nope K-tec coilovers are fixed damping all round.

The coilovers k-tec sell are level 1 Fk coilovers level 2 are rebound adjusmtne and about £75 extra. Level 3 dampers are double adjustable ion rebound and bump but there even more.

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 28 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Boydie on 28 August 2005

are the FK coilovers from KTEC rear adjustable???
Nope K-tec coilovers are fixed damping all round.

The coilovers k-tec sell are level 1 Fk coilovers level 2 are rebound adjusmtne and about £75 extra. Level 3 dampers are double adjustable ion rebound and bump but there even more.

what benefits do u get with adjustable dampers? i was told to get them adjustable

what out of those 3 would u recomend?

Quote: Originally posted by Boydie on 29 August 2005

what benefits do u get with adjustable dampers? i was told to get them adjustable
what out of those 3 would u recomend?
Id recomend the normal level 1s I think. However if it were my money Id look at version 2 maybe 3 if I could get them for a decient price.

Arctic Blue Clio 182

Does anyone know if lowering a clio 60mm or more can kink the roof and why it kinks beside the sunroof?? Just heard a few people sayin that

Quote: Originally posted by Clio_Styling on 30 August 2005

Does anyone know if lowering a clio 60mm or more can kink the roof and why it kinks beside the sunroof?? Just heard a few people sayin that
Nope never did any harm to my car.

I dont know where these rumours started Freds cars lowered ~100mm and his has kinked but it was like that before it was lowered.

Maybe with very very hard custom springs hitting a lot of pot holes and with other suspension work it might put a lot extra load but I would never use that as a reason not to lower the car its superb.

ST

These rumours come from one time it actually happened to a lad in Ireland, but IIRC the car wasnt even lowered.....so get a grip a lower it!

Yep definatly lower it Im of the ring next month lets see the difference the coilovers made.

Even if they made no difference timing wise they felt much better no roll on the road/track and it felt more composed at high speed.

Arctic Blue Clio 182

Yea im gonna get them anyway. Already got the car lowered 60mm but want better handling than my crappy pi set up and maybe go lower :)

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3

edde - do u have a link to where i can see what the specs are of the level 2 FK coilovers please?

No soory I dont have a link theres an FK website though or the Demon Tweeks catalogue gives you some info if you have a copy.

2015 Audi S3 Stage 3

edde - just done another search there and came across KW coilovers

they chat about variant 1,2 and 3 - are these what u mean??

also does anyone have pics of their ph3 clio with the k-tec FK coilovers with 17s??

KW are the same sort of thing regards level 1 ,2 and 3 as FK. Either one is better.

Theres some pictures of mine in member profile of my car with stock 15s on Spax lowered 40 at the front and 60 at the back on coilovers. Fks can go lower I think at the front on there normal springs (upto 10mm I think) any more and you need to fiddle with the arch liner or remove them.

"Navy" N17 TWO

Quote: Originally posted by 16vClio on 31 August 2005

These rumours come from one time it actually happened to a lad in Ireland, but IIRC the car wasnt even lowered.....so get a grip a lower it!
This all started a few months ago from another site when a lad (yup -in N.Ireland)had a dci clio lowered 40mm with G-Max springs and OEM shocks :confused:
Even seen photos of the kinks!

In all fairness the lad did tell me he took a hump-back bridge a little bit too fast (60-70) and heard a "BANG" :eek:

I rekon it will only happen if you drive the crap out of the car on crap roads - just a guess though :confused:

Im also interested in either H&R or FK coilovers :devilish:

Quick!
Someone look outside - see if pigs are flying!
Someone else run down to Tesco - check if the price of bacon has gone up :p

I was thinking of a 40mm Apex kit as I have the front bumper to keep off the ground - but since its proving hard to keep in 100% condition anyhow - looks like a touch-up every so-often or a respray if it really needs it.

Tigger
Boydie
Clio_Styling
Who else???

Possibly up for a group buy on FKs ;) - its been done before and people missed out

This could be another chance :cool:
Watch this space!

[Edited by Tigger on 01 September 2005 at 11:42pm]

Quote: Originally posted by Boydie on 01 September 2005

any of those pics real or they all chops?
There all real however Freds car got custom springs lowering his car more than Fks will let you. The other car is a 172 Im not sure how different a Mk2 2 is to a Mk 2 1. Both of those cars have had there arch liners removed I think.

Regard kinked roofs - He must have hit the speed bump way to fast almsot accident speed. I hammered mine when I had it on some bad back roads and nothing ever happened.

Lionel Richie

yes the silver one is lowered about 80mm, which is the max the k-tec kit allows

the black car is down 90mm (ish) front and -110mm at the rear

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2

Got some K-Tec FK Highsports (non-adjustable damping) on there way to me as we speak.

Once its all set up are they easy to adjust the ride-height yourself with the half moon spanner thingy?

"Navy" N17 TWO

^ Good question - anyone shed some light on this?
Do you have to take the wheels off to adjust the ride height?

When the kit has "settled" how long does it take for an adjustment to the ride height to settle?

Quote: Originally posted by The Bear on 03 September 2005

Once its all set up are they easy to adjust the ride-height yourself with the half moon spanner thingy?
You have to jack up the car remove the wheel and get the spnners on it to lower it.

Its not a difficult job though.

Springs dont settle to much realy I think mine went about 5mm if that and it only took a week or so.

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2

Cool. Does the adjustment put anything else out i.e camber/tracking etc..

Any other tools required apart from the one you get with the kit?

"Navy" N17 TWO

slightly off-topic maybe but worth a shot -

where could you get a strut brace for the dci ?